The Flat Head

LFC4ever

What's up Sufu! I'm trying to find something in 3xxx that fits a bit like this:

img59234870

511581530 15

Basically, something very loose that can either be pin rolled or isn't super wide at the hem.

At the moment, I've a pair of TTS 3012s sized 31 that are great (had these just over a year), but i want to go much looser now. I'm tired of beating around the loose fit bush!

I'm thinking maybe I could have sized up on them a couple sizes and probably gotten away with it, or maybe 3009 or 3005...? 

Anyone have experience with sizing up? How far can you go before the waist falls off and the seat loses all form? 

What's up Sufu! I'm trying to find something in 3xxx that fits a bit like this:

Basically, something very loose that can either be pin rolled or isn't super wide at the hem.

At the moment, I've a pair of TTS 3012s sized 31 that are great (had these just over a year), but i want to go much looser now. I'm tired of beating around the loose fit bush!

I'm thinking maybe I could have sized up on them a couple sizes and probably gotten away with it, or maybe 3009 or 3005...? 

Anyone have experience with sizing up? How far can you go before the waist falls off and the seat loses all form? 

I would go 3009 and size up. The 3005's waist doesn't taper in nearly as much as the 3009 and i feel that the 3005 would be extremely large in the waist and you'd have quite a bit of bunching at the waistband.  Also, to get that fit you want you need some taper, which the 3009 has.

I would go 3009 and size up. The 3005's waist doesn't taper in nearly as much as the 3009 and i feel that the 3005 would be extremely large in the waist and you'd have quite a bit of bunching at the waistband.  Also, to get that fit you want you need some taper, which the 3009 has.

Thanks for that Kiya! If my actual waist size (at least where I choose to wear my jeans) is 33 --what size/how much size up would you recommend going? Thinking of heading into selfedge NYC this afternoon.

kiya are those 3009 measurements right? the tag 29 has a higher rise than the tag 30?

Wow, great stuff. Nice to see someone else decked out in flat head stuff. Is that a wild child wallet too? We've got the exact same taste in clothes, except for the first shirt. Everything else is primo though!

You've just got to get those pants hemmed.

Claytomius, those are pretty much my daily outfits, even down to the sneakers.

Is that a wild child wallet too?

Yes, I've had it for a couple years.

gV8Cb01.jpg

tZoJtZq.jpg

We've got the exact same taste in clothes, except for the first shirt.

I never thought I'd be wearing a large pattern buffalo check either. The wine color drew me in, just beautiful.

I would maybe like to have one in blue. Not that fucking sax blue either, I'm talking about that dank ass blue flannel from a few years ago, the same one Young posted in WAYWT the other day. IDK, I'd have to see it. Hell I'd kill for the long sleeve version. Flat Head should have just made it part of the yearly line, along with the red one. So good.

You've just got to get those pants hemmed.

Ehh, they're not that long. They're short enough that if I double cuff with skag los you'd be able to see a couple mm of sock exposed. Length inspiration is half Steve McQueen eating a bowl of cereal half Kiya's 106bsps.

Claytomius, those are pretty much my daily outfits, even down to the sneakers.

I've thought about that. 4 years ago I was wearing size too big Hurley plaid shorts and DC logo Shirt type outfits every day. 3 years ago I was wearing shitty Ocala mall flannels (but not really flannels), and Arizona bootcut jeans. 2.5 years ago I was wearing Gustin oxfords and jeans.

As my style has evolved since, I have realized that you have one of the best heads on your shoulders in terms of what good clothes are in terms of fabric fit and construction (what good clothes are is subjective, but I guess I mean in terms of what my clothing choice has evolved to). You are arguably the most educated westerner on the brands that I view as the pinnacle of clothing.

I'm just ignorant. I see that you have those Sacai shorts and I think, man, this motherfucker must be in the shit to be able to pick out some dope shorts from a brand that is mostly crazy abstract styles (as far as I know, I had never heard of them prior, again, I'm ignorant). He must know a lot to make the find, yet he still wears mostly Flat Head, RJB, Stevenson, and all that.

IMO there aren't enough people in this shit to allow for us to just be able to go buy whatever we want in terms of what were feeling. We just have to appreciate what we are given by these brands, season by season, or stalk Yahoo Japan and the like auction sites to find the perfect items for us. So a lot of the times we just end up wearing the same shit.

Edited by Claytonimus

Whats the thickness like on the short sleeved buffalo check shirt?  I've been eying them for a while but I wasn't sure if they'd be wearable in the summer months or not.  Also what about the sizing?  Is it fairly consistent with most TFH stuff?

Edited by dwilson123

Whats the thickness like on the short sleeved buffalo check shirt?  I've been eying them for a while but I wasn't sure if they'd be wearable in the summer months or not.  Also what about the sizing?  Is it fairly consistent with most TFH stuff?

it's still a flannel so it's thicker than your normal shirt but the weave is pretty loose and it's not brushed so it breathes. It works great for me year round in SF. Might be a bit much for midwest summers (although i don't see how you can wear anything besides for t-shirts and super lightweight fabrics in the summer). 

Hey guys, so I am looking for a pair of Flat Heads. I have some momotaro 0305-18's, and I really like them, but they are too tight in the top block/thighs, and the rise is a little low for me. The back rise is just over 14 inches, and the front rise is about 10 inches. I have stretched the thighs to 11.5-11.75 inches (for some reason my left thigh seems to be a bit smaller), and stretched the waist to about 34 inches. I have them hemmed to about 32", but could go a little shorter (i like a high cuff). 

From my understanding, max shrinkage in pioneer denim is 2" in the waist, and .5" everywhere else? How much should I expect from the hem? How much do they stretch? I am aiming for about 33" post soak waist and then I can stretch out the pants 1-1.5", and about an 11.75"-12" post soak thigh and then stretch the thigh out a little too. 

From looking online, a pair of 3005 in size 34 should do the trick as far as the waist, I am just not sure about the thigh and rise. The front rise seem to be higher than my pair of momo's, but the thigh measurements between self edge and denimio for size 34 are about an inch different. One thigh would be about half an in bigger than I am looking for (not a huge deal), and one would come out to be 11.5" post soak which would be too small. Also, what kinda of back rise would I be looking at on this pair, neither self edge nor denimio have the back rise measurement. 

So what are your guys thoughts? This is my first pair of unsanforized so I just want to be sure I am getting the right pair. 

Thanks!

The Self Edge measurements are going to be more accurate, at least by my experience with them and versus what others have said about Denimio measurements (certainly they differed from "typical measurements" on the one pair I've ordered from them).

Though if you own the Momotaro 0305 - those are a tight tapered, right? The Flat Head 3005 is a pretty wide straight-leg, and will feel huge compared to your 0305s. The leg on 3005s feels big for me, and I can't even pull on Momo's tight tapered fit. If you want to get a looser thigh and top block, but keep some taper, you may be better off looking at the 3009 (some taper) or 3012 (lots of taper) instead.

My top block on my TFH didn't shrink really anymore than most unsanforized denim.  Most of the shrink came from the inseam which seemed to shrink about 1" more than my usual unsanf denim (so about 2.5-3.)  The biggest thing to look out for is you'll probably need to size up simply because a TFH 32 the pre-wash waist is a 32.  In most unsanf brands they give you an extra inch, inch and a half to account for that initial shrink.  So if you're normally a 30 in many brands you won't be a 30 in TFH.

Edited by dwilson123