The Flat Head

LFC4ever

z3005, with about a year of solid wear..?  At least four hand washes.  These came from eBay, but I'm pretty sure the seller was a member here, so chances are there are some pics from when they were originally purchased floating around.  The zip fly version of the 3005 isn't seen so often in these pages...

01_z3005_front_zpse04a6e26.jpg

02_z3005_rear_zps921c7a19.jpg

03_z3005_topblock_zps7ad95875.jpg

04_z3005_topblockdetail_zps645af88a.jpg

Small repair on pocket — I darned a hole using indigo thread unpicked from some spare selvedge fabric (Imperial Kings, I believe); since then it's started to wear away again.

05_z3005_reardetail_zps8976c967.jpg

06_z3005_track_zps97474646.jpg

07_z3005_combL_zpsbe0743fa.jpg

08_z3005_combR_zpse40d61fb.jpg

09_z3005_rope_zps226e73e8.jpg

What he said , love the wabash shirt !

Just did a google on this shirt to see how much I can get one for , and it appears that when I start robbing banks I can afford one .

Edited by splash pitman

I might pick up a FH wabash at some point, shirt looks great.

I'll likely have to wear it as an overshirt most of the time, chest looks a bit small.

If anyone has the short sleeve micro houndstooth (CO-25HW) I'd be interested to hear some impressions, thinking about picking one up.

Fabric looks really nice.

fh-co-25hw-bl-07.jpg

i wear it a ton in spring/summer time. it's a nice light weight fabric and it holds up to washing well too. could do w/o the chin strap but i barely notice it. i tried drying it and it shrank a bit in length. 

Thanks! Really like the look of it, and I think I would wear it a lot since our summers here are so long.

I feel like I have trouble making FH shirts work sometimes.
Given, the only one I have is the spring weight flannel, where the 46 actually measured out to a 44 chest.

I actually have a FH wabash shirt in size 40 for sale, worn for a few hours when I realized it really runs quite small. It is the version of 2010 or maybe 2011. I of course bought the 42 after that, it is really a great shirt. Let me know if you are interested.

Edited by rocco

I might pick up a FH wabash at some point, shirt looks great.

I'll likely have to wear it as an overshirt most of the time, chest looks a bit small.

If anyone has the short sleeve micro houndstooth (CO-25HW) I'd be interested to hear some impressions, thinking about picking one up.

Fabric looks really nice.

fh-co-25hw-bl-07.jpg

I have one.  great shirt.  I have a love/hate relationship with the FH sizing.  42 is generally spot on but I feel they taper quite a bit, and if you size wrong, you are SOL.  That said, the shoulders seem wider than other shirts, so you end up with a 40" chest and 20" shoulders.  

Edited by garden gnomes in space

I just took my spring weight flannel out and measured it and the 46 I have is closer to 44.25. The shoulders are okay but I've got a little bit of a gut so it's a little slim at the bottom.

So I'm hoping the micro houndstooth actually measures out to 46 in the chest. I also measured one of my Gitman Vintage shirts and the chest is closer to 46.

If I just had a Self Edge nearby this wouldn't be an issue!

yeah FH shirts always are bigger in the shoulders which i think works for the styles of shirts they make but some people do find them a tad too big.

broark, i'm sure you know this already but if you're ever unsure about sizing or think you might be in between sizes, you can always call/email one of us at the stores and we can sort you out.  

Thanks Young, I appreciate that.

I didn't want to showroom you guys though since I was looking at this shirt from an overseas shop.

I know how frustrating that can be, we get it at the store I work at all the time.

Might just hold off until some more of the spring stuff comes in whenever that is, don't like running the risk on sizing with shirts since I seem to have trouble sizing them regardless of brand.

is the 1001 or the 3001 closest to the fit of 3sixteens ST cut? I wear an ST 220x, as well as a pair of SExI14s. I like the fit on both of those and am looking to get something similar. I have a 33 in the ST-220x and a 34 in the SExI14. Both fit well but are slightly too loose around the waist. I could *maybe* go a size down on the ST-220s and could easly go down from a 34 to 33 in the SExI14s. Would 33 be best in the 1001/3001?

Also how does flat heads denim compare to the ST-220 and SExI14s?

Thanks

is the 1001 or the 3001 closest to the fit of 3sixteens ST cut? I wear an ST 220x, as well as a pair of SExI14s. I like the fit on both of those and am looking to get something similar. I have a 33 in the ST-220x and a 34 in the SExI14. Both fit well but are slightly too loose around the waist. I could *maybe* go a size down on the ST-220s and could easly go down from a 34 to 33 in the SExI14s. Would 33 be best in the 1001/3001?

Also how does flat heads denim compare to the ST-220 and SExI14s?

Thanks

If you can size down to a 33 in ST-220x you could wear the same size in the 1001 and 3001. Keep an eye on the thigh especially in the 3001 which will be around 11.75" post shrinkage.

That said the SE05BSP or 3002 jeans are a closer fit to the slim tapered ST-220x

If you can size down to a 33 in ST-220x you could wear the same size in the 1001 and 3001. Keep an eye on the thigh especially in the 3001 which will be around 11.75" post shrinkage.

That said the SE05BSP or 3002 jeans are a closer fit to the slim tapered ST-220x

I think it's safe to say I sized up to a 34 on the SExI14, then sized down on the ST220x's. The sz 33 ST-220x's sit around my waist better without a belt then the sz 34 SExI14's.

And yeah I think you are right, the 3002 looks like a much better fit for me.

I wear a 40 in FH shirts and a Small in JCrew shirts - both are the right size, but the fits are completely different. 

Yeah I'm just looking at sizing charts right now and the first thing I'm noticing is the sleeve length seems way short. But I don't know if that's just a difference in how it's measured, I can't measure a shirt right now.

To add to Ben's post, my experience from trying on JCrew shirts was that the shoulder seams sit right on the shoulder's edge (this was the limiting factor for me and I ended up between a small and a medium). Flat Head shirts on the other hand, are cut so that the shoulder seams hangs over the shoulder and are somewhat ''dropped''. That's why the measurements on paper make it look like they are cut for bodybuilders or NFL players. Focus on the chest and, if they are given, the measurements at the waist. 

Considering the 3002 cut - I'm coming from Skull 5507 and I love the fit but the waist is getting tight. I'm worried the thighs will be a bit tight on the Flat Heads though but I don't want to go up another size since I'm already sizing up one. What do you guys think? Keep in mind Skull measurements are post multiple washes and the FH measurements will be raw.

Skull 5507 sz.29 (3 yrs~) / Raw

Waist - 31 / 31.5
 Front Rise - 10 / 10
 Thigh - 11.4 / 12
 Knee - 8.2 / 8.25
 Leg Opening - 7.25 / 7.75 

Flat Head 3002 sz. 32/33
 Waist - 32 / 33
 Front Rise - 10 / 10.5 
 Thigh - 11.75 / 12.2
 Knee - 8.1 / 8.4
 Leg Opening - 7 / 7.75

Can post fit pics of the Skulls if it'll help! (even though this is FH thread o.o?)

Edited by finalfire