The Flat Head

LFC4ever

hi guys,

quick sizing q..

Im a roomy 34 in Samurai, a snug 34 in Eternal, a comfortable 34 in Iron Heart.

What size do you recommend for Flat Head 1005 and 3005?

Thanks!

34, just like the ones you've already bought yesterday! ;)

Sorry to hear that. I wear a 32 in most jeans, including SDA 101 and I have the F350 (3005 cut) in a 32, which although supposedly loose are one of my slimmer fitting jeans, however I do have big thighs and machine washed them at 60C before wearing them.

You could try size 33, as long as you're able to return them if they don't fit. Incidentally, there's a poster called Leeroy on here (and also the Iron Heart forum I think) who was selling brand new Z3005s for a good price, he may have a 34.

Cool man. My thighs are also on the larger side, so im considering 3009's anyway. I think ill cancel the order for the 33's.. im just not into low rise size down. Tried it with SD103's and was forced to sell. Now i need to replace them with 101's, as you kindly pointed out on the SDA thread.

And yeah I hit Leeroy up a few days ago but no dice.

Thanks again Maynard, you single handedly keep my faith in forums alive B)

Hey, I have a question. I just got a pair of 3001's and I was wondering how to soak them for my first time before wearing it?

Like washing in hot water/lukewarm/cold. I'm usually a size 32 but the people at Take5 (HK Raw denim store) told me to size up to 34 because it fit better. I'm going kind of for a skinny fit and I will be tapering/hemming this pair after soaking.

I've tried other ways but I figured I'd ask people in this thread that are most familiar with FH. Thanks!

Edited by AndyK

Hey, I have a question. I just got a pair of 3001's and I was wondering how to soak them for my first time before wearing it?

Like washing in hot water/lukewarm/cold. I'm usually a size 32 but the people at Take5 (HK Raw denim store) told me to size up to 34 because it fit better. I'm going kind of for a skinny fit and I will be tapering/hemming this pair after soaking.

I've tried other ways but I figured I'd ask people in this thread that are most familiar with FH. Thanks!

Why go through all that trouble? Why not just buy a jean that fits the way you want it to? Sizing up two on that jean won't get you a skinny fit unless you literally have a tailor take apart the entire jean to recut it from the top down. I would exchange it for a tapered slim jean or at least for a smaller size.

Why go through all that trouble? Why not just buy a jean that fits the way you want it to? Sizing up two on that jean won't get you a skinny fit unless you literally have a tailor take apart the entire jean to recut it from the top down. I would exchange it for a tapered slim jean or at least for a smaller size.

Unfortunately, I couldn't return it or exchange for a new one because they had a 7 day return policy. By the way, I live in San Francisco and I was just on vacation in Hong Kong and bought a pair so I have no way in returning it back anyways. I haven't even ripped the tags off yet.

Edited by AndyK

Hey guys. I'm just here to post another update on my F310s...which is more or less at it's 1 year mark now.

fh f310 | 2 soaks, 2 washes

tumblr_m94sn4lEqd1qk2k0vo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m94sn4lEqd1qk2k0vo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m94ts3QO8X1qk2k0vo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m94ts3QO8X1qk2k0vo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m94ts3QO8X1qk2k0vo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_m94ts3QO8X1qk2k0vo4_1280.jpg

I don't wan't to clutter up this thread with text, so here's the blog post of my jeans and more photos.

also, i apologize in advance for my playlist's autoplay:

http://ryuuyu.tumblr...2-soaks-1-ocean

Edited by dragon_

Those are looking really good dragon. The thighs seem to be slow to fade but your jeans have already turned the turquoise-ish color FH fans love.

My BSPs are almost at five months of real wear. I'll probably wash them and take pics once I get back to Japan and the hot weather ends.

I'm almost certain at this point that FH will be my next pair of jeans. I wish the BSPs had the 310 back pockets. I'll probably end up getting the BSP, hope Self Edge doesn't sell out before Nov/Dec.

How is the fabric on FH denim? I'm currently wearing ONI and the fabric is so bumpy and uneven. I'm hoping these jeans are more uniform in their weave.

Edited by rosarkar

A gentle heads-up on the continuing 50% off Flat Head clearance sale at Aeroleather in the UK:

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/products.php?cat=salerv⊂=misc

I ordered some 1005s, which have been on my wish list for ages!

They still have the following left in a few sizes:

Z3005

K015

Denim jacket

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Can anyone with the 3009s commet on the fit/denim ? I have a pair of size 31 ih busters which I love but would kill for a lower rise and bigger thigh... Would anyone say that fh 3xxx denim is a little more wearable than thick 21 oz?

I just hot soaked my FH 3001's and tapered them also.

It is perfect fit except it makes me look like I have a flat ass.. LOL.

Would you recommend hot soaking just that part of the jeans?

Also, it's kind of loose near the whiskers area.

Edited by AndyK