The Flat Head

LFC4ever

^hmmm, TXL is a "red-eye" away form EWR. 'might pop in & check it out. is the store situated in the city center/downtown area?

x-post from evo thread: Retired these today. Moving on...
They look great lowrider and I think they're crying out to be resurrected as a pair of jorts

IMO, it becomes priceless @that stage [of the jeans' evo].

i'd [creatively] patch up those knee rips & keep on rockin'.

srsly, i'd treasure them jawns more than my unworn pairs

.... cuz them got history + dna ;)

fab job lowrider!!!

Edited by BrownMetallic

I'll be in Berlin that entire week, see ya'll there.

Hello,

Maybe this isn't a great comparison, but I currently own a pair of iron heart 634s in sz 31 and they are bordering on a relaxed fit. I'm looking for a slim-straight fit (with thighs not too tight)...does anyone have any recommendations for flathead models/sizes?

thanks.

Sounds like the 3009, probably in size 32, is what you're looking for. The 3005 cut is probably closer to the 634.

Be careful, the low rise of the 3009 will throw off the sizing a bit. Furthermore, I've found that Flat Head jeans are far more difficult to stretch than sanforized IH models. It's going to depend on how you want them to fit around the waist. I'd recommend the 3005 so as to offset the hip flare and bunching around the knees that will likely come with the 3009.

Hello,

Maybe this isn't a great comparison, but I currently own a pair of iron heart 634s in sz 31 and they are bordering on a relaxed fit. I'm looking for a slim-straight fit (with thighs not too tight)...does anyone have any recommendations for flathead models/sizes?

thanks.

Have you considered the F2001?

This a is a slim straight fit. It would have a narrower thigh than the 634s but it is not tight. About half an inch less than the 634 after shrinkage.

Edited by samcam

Your presoak pics look a lot like my BSPs did, too, so I'm not sure that going down another size would work. These usually seem like they're a little loose in the upper block, sizing down on these things is dangerous because of the fast taper.

If the BSPs had a longer rise and more gradual taper in the thigh, they'd be close a perfect cut.

measured the waist - still 34. i just put the top block into hotter water, was going to try that but hot wash instead? with what? i want to lose as little indigo as possible, don't have any denim specific detergents or soaps. there's a bottle of dr bronner's on my desk lol.

Yeah, with both my F310s (sold a long time ago) and my current BSPs, I got rid of all the shrinkage right away by doing a soapless wash in the machine. However, my old-ass Japanese washing machine (barely a step up from a bucket and washboard) has the wash and spin cycles in separate parts of the machine, so it's easy to micromanage.

Just soaking FH jeans doesn't seem to shrink them much, they need agitation. Don't worry about indigo loss, the water I washed mine in was practically black when they finished. You'll be fine.

Yeah, with both my F310s (sold a long time ago) and my current BSPs, I got rid of all the shrinkage right away by doing a soapless wash in the machine. However, my old-ass Japanese washing machine (barely a step up from a bucket and washboard) has the wash and spin cycles in separate parts of the machine, so it's easy to micromanage.

Just soaking FH jeans doesn't seem to shrink them much, they need agitation. Don't worry about indigo loss, the water I washed mine in was practically black when they finished. You'll be fine.

thanks gents. :) yeah, drained the water from the machine manually since the drainage must be blocked. and the water was pretty much black with indigo. let it go for an hour on a gentle cycle (no spinning, just kinda rocking back and forth) and now they're hanging on machine door, kiya told me i should put them in the dryer inside out for 45 minutes now though.

the legs are great, slim but not too tight anywhere. could do with very slightly less room in the top block i think but that's probably just me, not the jeans. overall very happy with them!

WABASH WORKSHIRT

Hello guys i've been for quite a while a lurker here, but decided to get more active here.

i have couple of tfh & ih items... my main question is: has anyone a Wabash Shirt from tfh which is well aged/hard worn? would love to see some pics...

i have one myself for a couple of months, which i wore maybe max to 30x only ob weekends and faraway from hard wearing...

BUT just after the 4-5x times of wearing the stiching around the button-eyelets came off at the first eyelet... i let it repair by a trusty tailor and wasn't quite happy with the outcome... took it to two other different tailors and both assured me that the repairwork habe been done well and that there is nö other Way! few wears later the second eyelet=same trouble... now the 3rd is on its way to come off!!! i love this shirt and anything from tfh... and by far this shirt is the most expensive shirt i ever bought!!!

any advice? or any other owner made the same experience?

i am thankfull for any kind of help. thanks

@brownmetalic: well yes, the exact this has been done by to different tailors... the result: eyelets became a bit bulgy&distorted... maybe i'm too picky, but hey this is a 300$ shirt!

how would u guys think/react?