The Flat Head

LFC4ever

hmm isnt it suppose to shrink when i soak it though?

Yes, it shrinks 1" when you soak or wash it.

and expands 1" after a certain amount of wear?

Depends on how tight it is around your waist.

In all of our experience with Flat Head's 3XXX denim, it doesn't stretch much at all. Maybe .5" after a month of wear and not much else after.

okay, is it really too tight of a fit if i size down 1?

i wear a sz 29 in APC NS, and I'm a true waist size 31.

i know the concensus is to buy true waist size, but theres a sz 30 on the marketplace and a sz 31 has not popped up anywhere in a long time. i think im just going to nab these

if i like sit in them while they soak, or put a hanger in the wasit, it still would be way too tight? or if i just wore them wihtout a soak, and once they stretch, i soak them?

thanks

-and i've tried to ask this question, but never got a clear answer: how much does the hem shrink after soak?

(I know i've been a pain but I can't justify spending 200+ on jeans without being sure)

i know the concensus is to buy true waist size, but theres a sz 30 on the marketplace and a sz 31 has not popped up anywhere in a long time. i think im just going to nab these

if i like sit in them while they soak, or put a hanger in the wasit, it still would be way too tight?

thanks

-and i've tried to ask this question, but never got a clear answer: how much does the hem shrink after soak?

(I know i've been a pain but I can't justify spending 200+ on jeans without being sure)

feel free to press your luck sizing down 1, but you'd probably be better off going true to size. flat head denim shrinks a pretty decent amount

I have had a pair of size 32 3001s since June, and because my experience is so different from what many other people have been saying you may want to just disregard what I am about to say entirely..

But, I think that sizing down could work. When I tried my 32s on in the store I could barely button them. You are probably familiar with this.. dent in the thumb afterwards, you have to walk slightly funny since the waist is so tight. I wore them totally raw for three or four days then did a soak.

After a 40-50 minute hot-but-not-scalding soak and drying in the sun, while they were still a little damp, I tried to put them on again and the waist was way too small. Probably 2 inches away from buttoning. I half-freaked out (ok, totally freaked out..) and tried to stretch them out as hard as possible. I ended up taking them off, buttoning them, and sticking my foot in one side of the waist while pulling literally as hard as I could in the opposite direction.

After that I managed to button them somehow. They were super tight in the waist though. The next few days putting them on the morning was as hard as ever.

Anyway, after wearing them for a little while they just kept getting easier to button. Right now they are fairly loose on me. Loose enough to tuck a shirt in without unbuttoning, for example.

Well, that was pretty long winded. I know what you mean about wanting to know as much as you can before spending so much money though. These jeans are by far one of the best purchases I have made in a long time, even at 280 plus tax. Enjoy.

how do s5003s fit compared to APC rescues. I am a true 32 and have a 30 in the APCs. what size should i be looking at?

You should probably get a size 32 then do a hot soak once you get them before wearing them.

It's really difficult comparing APC sizing with Flatheads. With APCs, you probably have to size down 2 to 3 sizes.

I wear 26 new standards, and i got F350s (new frontier series, same cut as 5003s I think) in size 28.

My true size is about 29. You can expect the Flatheads to shrink at least 1" at the waist on first wash/soak. Lengthwise, they shrink almost 2.5" each leg, so best leave any length alteration till after first wash/soak.

My F350s were hard to button up after first wash, but after about 3 wears, they fit perfect. That means stretching them out a little shouldn't be too difficult.

I have had a pair of size 32 3001s since June, and because my experience is so different from what many other people have been saying you may want to just disregard what I am about to say entirely..

But, I think that sizing down could work. When I tried my 32s on in the store I could barely button them. You are probably familiar with this.. dent in the thumb afterwards, you have to walk slightly funny since the waist is so tight. I wore them totally raw for three or four days then did a soak.

After a 40-50 minute hot-but-not-scalding soak and drying in the sun, while they were still a little damp, I tried to put them on again and the waist was way too small. Probably 2 inches away from buttoning. I half-freaked out (ok, totally freaked out..) and tried to stretch them out as hard as possible. I ended up taking them off, buttoning them, and sticking my foot in one side of the waist while pulling literally as hard as I could in the opposite direction.

After that I managed to button them somehow. They were super tight in the waist though. The next few days putting them on the morning was as hard as ever.

Anyway, after wearing them for a little while they just kept getting easier to button. Right now they are fairly loose on me. Loose enough to tuck a shirt in without unbuttoning, for example.

Well, that was pretty long winded. I know what you mean about wanting to know as much as you can before spending so much money though. These jeans are by far one of the best purchases I have made in a long time, even at 280 plus tax. Enjoy.

this is what makes it all worth it.

My true waist is about 29.5. Would the 310s in a size 30 be out of the question?

Not at all, sounds like the right size for you..