The Flat Head

LFC4ever

what do you think of buying 3007 flatheads since bootcut is not popular and cheaper than the slim models and then sending them to a reliable tailor to get em tailored skinny. Would it be just like a slim model?Would there be any difference? Because i would save lots of money

you would probably loose the selvedge edge, unless you found an amazing tailor, and in the end you would probably end up paying the same amount to get them super-altered as you would have buying the exact pair you would really want.

Not a terrible idea, but not a route that I would take.

@lilmarkham4: I have a 28 inch waist and the pair i got are labeled 29 for the waist. I actually tried on the size 28 and they were too tight.

@appfaff: I really like the fit too. Its exactly what I was looking for, and I'm really excited to see how these fade! I've seen so many pics of awesome flat heads and its going to be fun to see how these turn out. I'm not sure if they're poly-core, but I read somewhere that they use FH's 3xxx denim, which is the Pioneer series I believe

@connor: actually I go to Cal Poly SLO

I just soaked my first pair of 1001s. 45 minute almost hot soak. The water definitely turned a bit blue. But as I handled them an patted them dry I continue to get a lot of indigo on my hands.

I just got a natural leather belt from Tanner that I wanted to start breaking in but I think that it would probably get blue stripes on it from the indigo on belt loops. Has anyone had this experience?

I just got a natural leather belt from Tanner that I wanted to start breaking in but I think that it would probably get blue stripes on it from the indigo on belt loops. Has anyone had this experience?

Yes. This is what happens when you wear jeans.

I just soaked my first pair of 1001s. 45 minute almost hot soak. The water definitely turned a bit blue. But as I handled them an patted them dry I continue to get a lot of indigo on my hands.

ya don't say!

Just wear the shit. Breaking it in may mean getting indigo on it, or dirt, or beer. But whatever happens to it, well its going to be unique to you and no one will be able to replicate that. To not wear a presumably expensive belt just because you 'may get some indigo on it' seems ridiculous to me.