The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Anybody have post soak measurements of the 3008/380s in size 30 or 31? I am having a hard time comparing the various measurements around the 'net and want Post-soak numbers anyway.

Also if anybody has both these and Sam 5000s, how do they compare fit-wise? Is there as much hip flare with the Flat Heads?

Thanks

The F380 shrinks about 1.2" in the waist and 2.7" in the length after the first hot soak.

Thanks Kiya, as always you are quick and helpful.

But I was also looking for post-wash rise, knee, and hem (at 32in) measurements. Might be a stretch but its worth a try if some friendly soul has a pair.

Buying jeans that I can't try on is a pain, so measurements are the best I can hope for :(

Finally.. We are offering Flat Head shirts via our online store.

Four shirts in full size runs just came in..

Two chambray shirts and two flannels.

Info, Prices, Measurements, Specs:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=68

Also just got a restock of the black leather braided wallet chain by Flat Head, also on the same page above.

DSC05566-1-753639.jpg

DSC05570-1-753656.jpg

DSC05559-1-798731.jpg

DSC05563-1-798760.jpg

DSC05402-741444-734513.JPG

how much does the 3001 stretch out in the waist and upper thigh

i purchased a pair from self edge in a size 34, and have been wearing them, i wasnt able to do up the button when i first put em on, now i can do the top up and sag them a bit

do they stretch out by about an inch? if they did they would fit PERFECT

i wanted to hear peoples opinions on the fact that flat heads (specifically 3001s) have a zipper fly as opposed to button....what are the pros of the zipper? dont button flys give better distression cause there is more stress at those points? really wish that fh were button fly.

I thought the same thing at first, but i quite got used to the zipper fly after a week or two. It had been years since i had worn jeans with a zipper, but i got used to it.

^ haha im so used to wearing button-flys and having to undo my belt and top button everytime that i still do it automatically whenever im wearing my f310s.

also, to whoever was asking about the stretching, my size 32 originally came with a waist of 33 pre-soak. after a warm soak, it shrunk to a 32 but theyve now stretched to a 34.

^ haha im so used to wearing button-flys and having to undo my belt and top button everytime that i still do it automatically whenever im wearing my f310s.

also, to whoever was asking about the stretching, my size 32 originally came with a waist of 33 pre-soak. after a warm soak, it shrunk to a 32 but theyve now stretched to a 34.

You go for your true waist size?

Still waiting to move in on these ...

All jeans stretch like that in the waist, especially if you wear them a bit lower. It's not a big deal. It's probably because he has a 34" hip area where he might wear his jeans. That has happened to me with my PBJs too and pretty much every jean as they stretch to your hip measurements. Don't worry about it.

fh3001_small.jpg

Flat Head 3001s, after two weeks of construction on the building for the retail store I'm opening with my wife.

Washing them tonight.

Most of that white is paint dust & tile dust.

I have no idea how much fading there is under that...I haven't seen them clean in a while.

Condom fade? That's from a yo-yo, fool! ;)

Yeah, I thought you use one of them multi-purpose yoyo's. I strap up when I yoyo babyyyyy.

Yeah... you might not have heavy fades but from all that kneeling you've got HEAVY tracks going on... I can already see 'em... gonna be thrashed but who the fuck cares.

sidneylo, your 3001's surely look great, I'm stunned, I'm wondering how you get so nice fading.

Wore my pair for 5 months and they don't look anywhere near that good, been through one cold soak and two hot ones.

Also, I always think that 3001's and f310 fit alot slimmer on everyone, compared to me, what's up with that

Thanks qom. Again for reference, I'm 5'11, 128lbs, so kind of a stick... but I sized up one so I have a very ambiguous fit to mine--they do shrink a lot. I am lucky to be able to pull off slim fit with dressier pieces or a bit of slouch with casual streetwear.

My advice: when the girlfriend complains, just throw it in the wash...