The Flat Head

LFC4ever

yeah i thought they were flat heads so i posted in this thread.. never heard of the brand until about 30 minutes ago.. reading this thread and i'm warming to them.

They're very nice jeans...he's wearing the 3001's, which are now called F310 and have a different design on the back pocket. Skip the APC & Nudie and go straight for what you'll end up buying eventually anyway. ;)

Just wondering but from the Self Edge measurement guide the F380 seems to be slightly tighter at the thigh than the F310?(!)

Would any Flat Heads owners (of either cut) out there have any measurements post soak or would someone be able to tell me how much these could be expected to shink at the thighs/ calfs off the top of their head?

:o

I still want old arcs ...

A decent amount. Waist shrinks up to 1.5-2" after a long soak, thighs and calfs shrink up 0.5-1" and the inseam about 2-3". They stretch back out though, so everything but the inseam goes back into true to tagged measurement...

A decent amount. Waist shrinks up to 1.5-2" after a long soak, thighs and calfs shrink up 0.5-1" and the inseam about 2-3". They stretch back out though, so everything but the inseam goes back into true to tagged measurement...

Ah cheers my good man ... very informative.

Now to part with some cash.

By the way did you size down on your 3001s since those are looking lengendary.

Just wondering but from the Self Edge measurement guide the F380 seems to be slightly tighter at the thigh than the F310?(!)

Would any Flat Heads owners (of either cut) out there have any measurements post soak or would someone be able to tell me how much these could be expected to shink at the thighs/ calfs off the top of their head?

:o

I still want old arcs ...

ive found SE's measurements to be a little off at times. the 380 is slightly looser than the 310 but the website says otherwise

heres the sizing of all flat head cuts from the company itself:

http://www.flat-head.co.uk/sizing.htm

the 3001=310 and the 3008=380 etc.. same cuts

and if you want to see post soak/wash measurements, scroll down to the "C" models. theyre one wash so you can check that too. its what i went by and its worked like a charm

Ah cheers my good man ... very informative.

Now to part with some cash.

By the way did you size down on your 3001s since those are looking lengendary.

Surprisingly, sized up one. I am a skinny feller, but opted for the 29's, which post-soak will be incredibly slim (do not underestimate the amount of shrink that will occur)... but as you can see they've stretched out super nicely back to a great fit but with all the set creases and thingamajigs y'all love (like jizz stains).

I'll do my best to avoid anything jizz-related ... from the Dino's (many thanks) sizing chart I was seriously considering sizing one down.

31s start at 33.9" and if they stretch back from the 31 theyd shrink to (seeing as the maximum shrink would likely be 2 inches) they'd be pretty much perfect.

U've got me slightly scared again but thanks for the help.

:)

Yeah it depends on the fit you're going for really. My jeans fit borderline fitted but I can slouch them when I choose to with ease.

According to Dino's chart, my FH3001's at 29 (true waist 32) are now stretched back to 31.5" - 32".

Hopefully that helps.

ive found SE's measurements to be a little off at times. the 380 is slightly looser than the 310 but the website says otherwise

heres the sizing of all flat head cuts from the company itself:

http://www.flat-head.co.uk/sizing.htm

wtf

self edge says a 3008 sz 33 measures 34in raw at the waist

fh says it's 36

if you go by the hard-washed thing to gauge final measure, fh also says you'll lose 3" in the waist

i was almost ready to bite, and now i'm confused as shit

then again, se says aniticipate 1" waist shrinkage, so i guess the important thing is that consensus puts final measure at tagged size

but still...

:confused:

Little teaser pic...

Camel - you mentioned in the skrawny thread that these don't fade as fast as Kyia stated...

I got to hold his back - really surprised how fast the evolve

ehhhh I dunno, yours haven't seemed to fade much either! :P I've noticed the honeycombs form easily and crazily, but the lap whiskers arent as "deep" for lack of a better word (on mine and yours). Maybe thats why I think it fades slow. Overall, they fade slower to me than my samurai, evisu or even imperial. I haven't had enough time with them to judge though.

:confused:

True to size or one up depending on how slim you want it. My photographs are a testament to a sized up pair (and they're still pretty slim to my standards). :)

ehhhh I dunno, yours haven't seemed to fade much either! :P I've noticed the honeycombs form easily and crazily, but the lap whiskers arent as "deep" for lack of a better word (on mine and yours). Maybe thats why I think it fades slow. Overall, they fade slower to me than my samurai, evisu or even imperial. I haven't had enough time with them to judge though.

Y'all washed yours in the machine yet? I'm talking very noticeable indigo loss a few days after a solid warm wash and machine dry.

these bastards are very tight, esp in the waist post soak, DO NOT SIZE DOWN

im a 32.5 waist, 32 on a week where im not eating much and exercising, I got a 32, and these are REALLY Tight in the waist, only worn them about 4 times, and they still have not stretched to a comfy place... i need to wear them alot more before they are going to stretch comfortably, so yes i'd size up 1 if i were you, measure your natural waist, and round up

I had a very differnet experience than you guys.

I normally wear 32, and when I tried the 32 waist 3001s on in the store I could barely button it. Then I soaked them, wore them for a week or two and ever since then they have been very loose. Comfortable, but I would prefer them to be a tiny bit tighter.

Regardless, I think going up or down a full size would probably be bad for me. From my experience I would recommend getting the tightest you can squeeze into pre-soak, and then they should stretch out.

True to size or one up depending on how slim you want it. My photographs are a testament to a sized up pair (and they're still pretty slim to my standards). :)

thx dood but i was talkin bout 3008s, which i think r mebbe cut a touch more 4giving

or does this advice hold for fh in general?

p.s. i'd luv a pair of sized up 3001s, but i hate hate HATE zippers

why do they have to do that??

SEXFH05

Wait.