The Flat Head

LFC4ever

@Aries both jackets are gorgeous, but that Rider jacket is really something special. Much appreciate the info on TFH treatment of the leather you've described. Can I ask where you got it from - in Japan directly from TFH, or at a retailer outside of Japan? 

3 hours ago, mpukas said:

@Aries both jackets are gorgeous, but that Rider jacket is really something special. Much appreciate the info on TFH treatment of the leather you've described. Can I ask where you got it from - in Japan directly from TFH, or at a retailer outside of Japan? 

Rivet and Hide used to have it as well as TFH site. Haven’t seen it elsewhere 

8 hours ago, mpukas said:

Thanks mate, agree, this is the pick of the bunch. I was searching for half belt "sport jackets" for a long time and considered various, but this just ticked all the boxes, from the minimalist design to the brown stitching and lightweight lining for year-round wear.

Sadly, once I decided on it, it was sold out pretty much everywhere (including Rivet and Hide in my size), but I eventually tracked the last one down at a great German shop, https://japanese-denim.de/new-arrivals.html , and snapped it up!

anyone go from f310 to d306?  did you just get the same size?

my f310s are a bit tight now since working out.  standing up they are fine but when i sit they dig in to my hip a bit  not directly at the waist band but like an inch or 2 below.  wondering if the increased room in the cut of the d306 is enough or should i size up 1 as well

Edited by evor1

9 hours ago, mpukas said:

@knucks what size are your boots, and what's the sizing like - do they run large or small, width? 

they are 8.5 and they run big, just depends how you like your boots/shoes to fit. I'm a 9.5-10 in vans if that helps and these work with a thin sock for me, but not well enough! if these were 9 i wouldn't be selling, but ive got a pair of attractions boot that work better for me

I'm travelling down to Kyoto today and, as folk might know, it's a small hop from there to Osaka, so was thinking of visiting Osaka during the week. Google Maps tells me Flathead's store is still open there; anyone know if that's correct or just Google Maps lagging behind?

So what's the deal with flathead now? Are they going to be able to turn around the business and continue operating as a going concern or are they going to end up liquidating and shutting down the business?

Wondering if this is the last chance to buy flathead gear...

Flat Head is coming back in 2020 and will show a new collection to retailers by April of 2020 for a fall delivery.  In the meantime they're doing production on all leather goods (wallets, belts, jackets, boots, etc..).

Yep popped into their Tokyo store (lovely folks, were in awe of the state of my, i.e. their, leather jacket after a few months wear). They were talking about next year's production as I really wanted a few shirts that were out in my size, I was a bit taken aback, in a good way! Was great to hear.

Does anyone know what the cut was like on the S2004?

edit: For anyone from the future who finds this, there's a pretty good resource available at http://sidevalve.fc2web.com/report_s2004_1-1.htm

Edited by julian-wolf

I wish they would bring back some of the classic stuff. Native motif varsity jackets, cool belts and WR sizing. The WR size is good and you don't run into the overly long length and weird sleeves and get a nice short fit in sizes 42-44 for instance. 

Make a normal Type 2 or 3 jacket and I would get one in an instant (no weird looking front pockets and buttons). Pretty sure I've been on Self Edge's restock notice for the 6002W for like 2.5 years now.

3 minutes ago, Cold Summer said:

One can hope that Flat Head 2.0 will be a little more western-friendly with their sizing.

I hope so, I love flat head stuff so much but barely anything fits me right other than a few tshirts and even those are inconsistent.

I like the shoulders on the WR. Fits so much better than many other shirts for me and is very comfortable. At least with the WR the overall length and sleeves weren't over two inches too long. Hopefully they get rid of the "wide spread" collar.

I have a feeling FH 2.0 may be a lot of pre-washed faded offerings though.