The Flat Head

LFC4ever

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:04 AM, itsbenhere said:

You know, I can probably make them work but Im just looking for a more comfy fit for this one. I think that it's roughly TTS and my foot might have just got a bit bigger in the past couple years, and its just weird moving up sizes so I didn't...

Imo it fits like a 9.5 in the 70s. Maybe a 9 but I haven't worn my 9 in a while. Not sure if I still have them...

Freaking awesome shoes though... they look and feel perfect!

9.5 is my size in Converse 70's. I could be interested if you ever decide to sell them.

I'm sure they are awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes for sure an indigo mix. They are not the 15th Anniversary 3005-A (those had much different arcs) but I'm wondering if the fabric is the same. 

I am going to hem them before soaking/wearing. Will likely be awhile. I am assuming less shrink than the Pioneer denim.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

So my pair started doing this...it looks like a tear above the knee is coming..

872947E8-9C59-4BB3-9427-99959F0F571A.jpeg

64297B2F-0CAA-4299-9711-75CF1294B2F1.jpeg

That started happening to my 3009 and shortly after they started to develop holes in them. Roll with it. It’s what the hip kids buy from the stores pre distressed. 

1 hour ago, Radiohead89 said:

That started happening to my 3009 and shortly after they started to develop holes in them. Roll with it. It’s what the hip kids buy from the stores pre distressed. 

I don't like holes in my jeans so I guess I'm not hip...

14 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

There are few combinations more beautiful than raw denim and baseball.

I will, of course, be wearing my jeans when I go to Houston in April, no matter how hot it is :P

I wear my jeans all year round living in NYC. Never really been a shorts guy. I’m usually wearing a pair of roys or flatheads which aren’t too heavy and in fits that aren’t very constricting. 

Great stuff Ben! Love how your jeans are looking in the car pic - I take it those are your RJBs?

I am hopefully going to Japan in fall 2020 with my brothers, I'm going to save up some cash for clothes shopping while I'm there :P Most likely I'm going to prioritize stores like Bears in Shimokitazawa that sell lots of brands, but I'm sure I'll hit up a FH store or two.

My youngest brother actually went to Japan with his wife about a year or so ago, they stopped by the FH store in Nagano city and said hey.

@itsbenhere Congrats on an awesome trip and thx for posting. Looks like a great time! And CONGRATS on the boots - pls post more in the boots thread!!! (those are grail boots for me, although I'll prolly never get a pair and even if I did not sure I would/could wear them very much...) 

Thanks for the love guys!

@Cold Summer Yeah, those are my D105s. Super comfy as usual and I'm loving how the denim is coming along. Unfortunately, I do less walking nowadays, so they're not nearly as far along as they should be considering I've had them for about 2.5 years. That's awesome that you're going there! How long's it been since you were there last? Do your brothers like Flat Head/raw denim too? Also man are they lucky to have you. I forgot how difficult it was to do stuff in Japan when you speak 0 Japanese...

Thanks @mpukas! Will definitely post some more pics in the boot thread. They are grail boots for me too, and definitely much too expensive for what they are, but honestly after 5+ years without seeing engineer boots I liked nearly as much, I just bit the bullet. I'm very happy with that decision, though! They're super comfy and just have the perfect profile imo.

I haven't been back since I moved back to the US about five years ago. I'd love to visit more often, but plane tickets are expensive :P 

I've never really been able to get them into it. One wore a pair of Left Field Greasers I got him for his birthday back in 2012, but they're retired and filled with holes; he also wore my old 3009s until the pockets fell apart. These days both of them wear Uniqlo raw jeans and occasionally wash them but haven't gotten into more stuff on their own.

Gotcha. Yeah, I’ve tried to spread the gospel to a lot of people but ultimately it’s up to the individual to be interested in it and, unfortunately, not everyone is!

also, I’m about to blow your mind. Sign up for Scott’s Cheap Flights to get insane deals emailed to you. I flew to japan direct on American for about 500 round trip. Technically 350 because I booked using points from a credit card!

Wow, that's a great deal. I'll check it out. Part of my problem is that I live on the east coast so I have to fly across the whole country just to leave for Japan, which adds a lot to the cost.

I've been incredibly unsuccessful as a denim evangelist, I've blabbered about it probably dozens of times over the years, and I think only two people ever actually bought anything. Lots of folks are kinda interested, but not enough to pull the trigger on some jeans.

• 2 weeks later...