The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Good info, thanks. Haven't checked whether the insoles are removable or not, but I think I'd be more worried about the other direction—too much room, rather than too little. Anyway, been wearing them for two or three hours now and they're still feeling very comfortable, so that bodes well.

They look great! The uppers look pretty much identical to the ones I bought in 2013, though the front rubber around the toe of the shoe is a different texture than on mine.

My FH sneakers are still going strong over 5.5 years later, they've got some wear and tear but still look good and feel comfy.

On 11/14/2018 at 9:27 AM, kiya said:

We're getting a good number of their flannels this winter, just got the black/navy houndstooth and getting 5 more in about 2 weeks. Not seeing a black/green one from my notes though.

Kiya, I'm guessing all the work shirt flannels (non pearl flannels) have the cutaway collar this year. For some reason I can't get behind the look. Nice to see xxl's available in any case. 

Long shot, but does anyone have measurements for a 6002W in 44?
Found one for a good price and might get it since I've lost some weight and I've always wanted this jacket badly.
And does the A natural/synthetic indigo mix denim shrink less than the Pioneer denim?

We got finally some sunshine after a month of gloominess so thought I post a little Flat Head costume play. These are Flat Head 3012 and the old wabash with the metal buttons (don't remember the product code). I've had the jeans in rotation for maybe 2,5 years but not nearly that much wear. People seem to think that the 3012 has too much taper but for me I think it works quite well on my 193cm frame. That said, they do feel really tapered after a month in Full Count 1101. 

zMdkuPO.jpg

QWG9zyw.jpg

bIkQPOs.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So after some searching I came across this 6002-A brand new with tags and decided to take a gamble as I've wanted this jacket for a very long time.
I knew the 44 would be a little small, but I think it'll be alright, I can button it up pretty easily and you can see quite bit of room in the back.
The front fit pic is a little misleading, the denim is so stiff so it doesn't drape very well.
The denim is nice, super stiff right now so hard to get an idea of fit. I'm definitely going to go easy with the soak.
But if it ends up too small I'll sell it because I got it for a very good price. :cool:
3JPuDRP.jpg
I3RHPer.jpg
JALP4wD.jpg
5wlUHrd.jpg
uzQfSs5.jpg
otc2gqD.jpg
cMrmK8D.jpg
BJS2yxS.jpg

@Broark - that is a great score! Beautiful jacket. Fit looks good, it looks like you've got a little rom for some shrinkage. If it shrinks too much and gets too small lemme know if you wanna move it... 

Fit pic after the soak, only soaked for about 30 minutes in room temperature water.
I'm also wearing a IH shirt and 3Sixteen tee underneath so I think I actually have enough room.
Denim is still super stiff, feels so much different than my TCB 50's jacket that's really soft and drapes well at this point.
3mY0XI7.jpg
BNVvWDI.jpg

I finally picked up my first pair of TFH jeans - 3202 20oz slim tapered f/ SE. I still love heavy denim, and I'm currently into the slimmer cuts, just 'cuz I can actually wear them. I have heavy denim f/ IH and Samurai, and these TFH 20oz although lightly are probably stiffer and burly than anything else I've ever handled! It's super dark, very irregular, sort of loose weave. Soaked and washed once, and even still it's the stiffest denim. I think this cut nails it for a slim taper - medium rise, not too tight thighs and not too much taper. Double row stitching at front and rear pockets is a great touch. TFH pockets are kinda how I always feared - tight and shallow pocket bags. 

I first got a pair of 33's, but thought they'd be too tight. Exchanged for 34's hoping they'd shrink a lot. Buy they didn't - only about an 1" in the waist. The 34's are too big so I'm trying to move them and I'll get another pair of 33's. 

20190112_094354.thumb.jpg.bb301b357d2f31b7fff5421d2f3c5429.jpg

20190112_094507.thumb.jpg.b1080816803d6d72b6a9f8a96437d233.jpg

20190112_094542.thumb.jpg.9043d9c3693f2e4080d649a893763390.jpg

20190112_094657.thumb.jpg.7e2b9c3219216feab3d0eccee35a75d0.jpg

20190112_094900.thumb.jpg.abefd6c43fabd436357de6f45a5c0cda.jpg

20190112_094957.thumb.jpg.739831b714acb69cd43f6b2ed58af96f.jpg

20190112_095154.thumb.jpg.48a67ee056d4c23e4242453acedaa7f5.jpg

20190112_095215.thumb.jpg.ae4a688137d9ec40f487ac8730f0204b.jpg

20190112_095113.thumb.jpg.a4b3c47ab25f2cc67fdca78f8ab9af86.jpg

20190112_095215.jpg

How'd you go about shrinking them? If it was in a bathtub or something similar, did you be sure to use hot water and agitate a lot? Only 1" of shrinkage in the waist sounds unusual. I've always been able to get a good 2" or so out of my jeans, although I've never had this particular denim.

cold soaked for an hour; hot wash normal cycle about 1 1/2 hrs;  20 minute hot dryer. There should be no significant shrink left. I was very surprised they only shrank 1" in the waist. 

Fit pics in raw heavy denim are deceiving. The fit looks pretty good in pics but after washing I can just about pull them off of my hips when buttoned up

2 hours ago, itsbenhere said:

Good stuff guys!

Im bummed... I preordered those new red leather sneakers in a 27.5, but I think I might need a 28. Anyone interested in buying, selling, or trading?

Are they running smaller than normal?  I ordered my usual size, hope I don't have any issues.

3 hours ago, itsbenhere said:

Good stuff guys!

Im bummed... I preordered those new red leather sneakers in a 27.5, but I think I might need a 28. Anyone interested in buying, selling, or trading?

How does the 27.5 correlate to a Converse 70 size or fit wise? (roughly).

You know, I can probably make them work but Im just looking for a more comfy fit for this one. I think that it's roughly TTS and my foot might have just got a bit bigger in the past couple years, and its just weird moving up sizes so I didn't...

Imo it fits like a 9.5 in the 70s. Maybe a 9 but I haven't worn my 9 in a while. Not sure if I still have them...

Freaking awesome shoes though... they look and feel perfect!