The Flat Head

LFC4ever

3 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Thanks! I have samurais, IronHeart, strike gold, and Evisus but flathead is by far my favorite pair. The only complaint I have with this pair is the low back rise.

How many months of wear roughly? They look great. 

hi guys - i really like the 3002 cut, i'm a 34 waist. saw in this thread and reddit that thighs shink - how significant is the shrinkage? i want the thighs to end up around 11.9 - 12.3 - would the 3002 in a 34 end up around there, or significantly less? tried to figure it out without posting but struggling by now. also searched on Okinawa and rakuten but a lot is in japenese and struggling to find anything that shows the Warehouse cuts (e.g. pics and measurements). they have them in a London store but its really hard to imagine how the final jeans look/fit due to shrinkage so trying to go off measured

ideal measurements (rough) - 34 natural waist

front rise: 11- 11.3

thigh: 11.9-12.3

back rise: 14.1- 14.4

Edited by jsky808080

2 hours ago, jsky808080 said:

hi guys - i really like the 3002 cut, i'm a 34 waist. saw in this thread and reddit that thighs shink - how significant is the shrinkage? i want the thighs to end up around 11.9 - 12.3 - would the 3002 in a 34 end up around there, or significantly less? tried to figure it out without posting but struggling by now. also searched on Okinawa and rakuten but a lot is in japenese and struggling to find anything that shows the Warehouse cuts (e.g. pics and measurements). they have them in a London store but its really hard to imagine how the final jeans look/fit due to shrinkage so trying to go off measured

ideal measurements (rough) - 34 natural waist

front rise: 11- 11.3

thigh: 11.9-12.3

back rise: 14.1- 14.4

Rivet and Hide will measure a pair for you before shipping them, Snake Oil Provisions will do the same. I think that is the safest route. 

The thighs on my 3001 stretched due to having pressure on them, but expect the entire leg to shrink half an inch with full shrinkage. 

Edited by SmokeStackLightning

My pair (see above) is a size 38 3002. I'm a 36 TTS. After soaking and washing i list two inches in the waist from raw and half an inch throughout the thigh, knee, and hem. The jeans will continue to shrink after the first two washes before settling.

Guys, is anyone able to figure out the differences between models 3202Z and 3209Z? Both are available in Japan with - as far as I can tell - identical descriptions, but close-up shots of the respective tags confirm the existence of model numbers 3202 and 3209 as separate entities. Both are 20oz. denim, with zipper instead of buttons.

59 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Sound like 20oz zipper versions of the 3002 and 3009 cuts respectively so if you can find the descriptions/measurements of those, that should give you an idea of the heavier versions.

Derp, don’t know why I assumed they are the same cut. For my defense, though, these 2 cuts do appear very similar, with mid-rise, room in the thighs, some taper (one more than the other).

Thanks!

1 hour ago, julian-wolf said:

Any info on around when FW18 will be shipping out? Ordered those sneakers from 2nd a couple of months ago knowing full well that there'd be a good wait, but getting all excited and restless anyhow

We actually ordered quite a few pairs of these sneakers for our clients at Self Edge and we're getting them in the next week or two.

4 hours ago, SLAB said:

@kiya , will you be getting the black and green work flannel as well?

We're getting a good number of their flannels this winter, just got the black/navy houndstooth and getting 5 more in about 2 weeks. Not seeing a black/green one from my notes though.

Bought these 1001's back in 2008 or so (actually bought these one size up but fortuitously the SuFu legend beatle was looking to trade her 31 for my 32). I've mostly been wearing more vintage fits and denim lately but since I'm not sure when I'll be slim enough to wear these again, I decided to bust them out.

Pre-soak

45963413941_e91f34cce9_z.jpg31024457767_90376aef8b_z.jpg31024457397_1c216881e5_z.jpg

Post-soak

45914263392_478a5078c1_z.jpg45051285795_73df698aa9_z.jpg45914262722_edfe689e8c_z.jpg

I pretty much handwashed them in warm water without detergent, which helped to get most of the starch out. They are surprisingly pliable now compared to raw. I'm hoping that washing them like this will yield less contrast and subtler fades.The low rise will take some adjusting to but I'm pretty happy with how they fit, especially the final inseam length.

Those look really nice. Yeah, just wash a little more frequently than with other jeans if you want a less contrasted look.

My 3005s are probably going to wind up the least-contrasted pair of Flat Heads of all time. Because of how loose they fit there's practically no contrast fading at all on the lap, nor behind the knees, even after 70 days of wear. But I really like the fit and after two washes there's some nice texture and some vertical fading on the thighs.

3 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

What in the actual heck is this?

These have got to be fake, right? Or else a super early (way earlier than and previously seen model) of FH jeans, prior to the development of their signature denim?

It looks like a repro Levis style fabric.

Fun Fact: The first two season's jeans from Flat Head were actually produced by Sugar Cane using denim from the 1947 and 1955 jeans.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Smallrod said:

There is one listed on Gralied now.  I have no idea about the seller.  

That's not a Delraiser.  That's just the regular one Flat Head makes.

So I'm starting a tutoring company, and obviously I have to have a logo... so I'm making my logo, and looking for a kind of vintage feel for the typeface. I look through all the fonts on pages and settle on one I really like, just for a stylized "B". I then write out my name and notice that it looks verrrry familiar... so, I type out "The Flat Head" and, wouldn't you know it, but I chose the exact same font that Flat Head uses! For anyone wondering, it's "Brush Script MT", designed in 1942 by Robert E. Smith for American Type Founders.

Edited by itsbenhere

On 12/6/2018 at 1:19 PM, danis one said:

Kiya,  I was hoping this is when you would tell me you found an extra size 40 in the back room. :)

Restock of Flat Head Delraiser horsehide jacket should be in all stores in about 2 week!  It's the yearly run they make for all Self Edge stores.

• 2 weeks later...

Sneakers arrived!

Quick post-unpacking pictures to be uploaded tomorrow—in the meantime, hoping for some advice on sizing from those who got in on the last round. In particular: do these stretch much? I went with a 28, and the fit is very good out of the box. Being new to sneakers in general, I'm not sure whether I should take this as a good thing or a bad thing. Should I expect the fit to stay about the same, or widen out over the first bit of wear? Any advice appreciated. For reference, these are the SNK-01HS.