The Flat Head

LFC4ever

+1 to the above comments. Denim looks great but cut is too skinny and too low rise, even considering how skinny I am currently. 

I'm assuming they would be stubborn to fade. I've never liked the overly dark and almost black appearance new denim can have, and think they look sweet. Blue arcs are cool too. 

Sadly, I have too many pairs at the moment and can't swing them. I kind of wish the thigh was a touch slimmer but you can't have everything. 

Did something I haven't done in a while. I cleaned up my FH sneakers. Magic Eraser to clean the white rubber parts, then handled the leather with a damp cloth, Venetian shoe creme, and some black Saphir shoe polish on scuffed areas. They turned out really nice! I'm likely to keep turning to my 70s Chuck hi tops for the most wear, but I'll wear these sneakers more often now. These are 5.5 years old and I wore them 5-6 days a week for nine months, walking and standing a ton in them when I was working for FH. It's crazy how comfy they still feel and how there's a ton of life left. I think I've worn these harder and longer than any other pair of shoes in my whole life.

IMG_0084.png

IMG_0085.png

IMG_0086.png

I've been wearing the 3005s for about two weeks now and I'm still seriously liking them.The fit has settled in nicely and they're sitting a little lower than in my initial pics (roughly at the top of my hips.) I think this level of rise is close to perfect for my body type. Whiskers and honeycombs are looking really good, these ought to fade nicely with some wear. Will probably take some more fit pics soon.

4 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Where can I get a pair of 3005's in the US and where can I find reliable measurements? 

The new batch of these were just finished last week!  We'll have them online (with all new measurements) in about a week or so.

I just got back my FLAT HEAD BSP-AI SELF EDGE NATURAL INDIGO JEANS from being hemmed at SELA. 

I got a size 36 even though I'm usually a 33 or sometimes a 32. I think these jeans really did shrink a ton in the wash. 

I would definitely recommend sizing up from whatever you normally get. I'll have fit-pics tomorrow! If anyone needs measurements, I'm also happy to do that as well. 

6 hours ago, andrewsbaik said:

I just got back my FLAT HEAD BSP-AI SELF EDGE NATURAL INDIGO JEANS from being hemmed at SELA. 

I got a size 36 even though I'm usually a 33 or sometimes a 32. I think these jeans really did shrink a ton in the wash. 

I would definitely recommend sizing up from whatever you normally get. I'll have fit-pics tomorrow! If anyone needs measurements, I'm also happy to do that as well. 

I would be curious to see pre and post measurements if you have them. 

FLAT HEAD BSP-AI SELF EDGE NATURAL INDIGO JEANS

Size 36 

I'm 5' 8'' and 170 lbs 

I usually wear a 32/33 in Levi's rigid denim or a 33 in APC jeans for reference. 

What do you think of the fit? Unfortunately there is no 35... so I'd have to go down to a 34. 

I really want to get a pair of jeans that fit like Nigo's in his Human Made Campaign... slightly bigger. These might be overly big though :/ 

Hopefully they shrink over time. I plan to wear them until they die. 

IMG_6051.jpg

Thanks everyone... The waist is fine. Definitely will stretch to be a big big. Again, I am going to try to wear until they die on me. 

I'll post the after shrink measurements tonight. Sadly, I didn't measure before I shrank them, but Self Edge has measurements online for the size 36. 

This thread reminded me I need to start wearing the 3005's more than I do. 

My 3001's are really starting to come along, but the front pocket stitching is already broke. Indigo Proof will be getting them whenever it is my turn. I will have to post some pictures but they are aging fast I think. 

Hoping the 3005 stitching lasts longer, not as tight a fit so I'm assuming it would. 

On 9/14/2018 at 3:43 AM, andrewsbaik said:

Measurements (I used the Self Edge "How we measure" as a guide)

Waist: 34.5 inches 

Front Rise: 10 inches

Back Rise: 14 inches

Thigh: 11 inches

Knee: 8.5 inches

hmm..front rise shrank to 10" from 11.1" (SE measurements) and thigh to 11" from 12.6" (SE measurements) ? I really doubt that..you or SE must be mistaken.

2 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

Got this sweet FH flannel off eBay! This was actually one of the first ones I bought back in 2011, but I quickly sold it since it was pretty big and floppy on me (42.) This one is a size 40 and fits just right. Also, I am still seriously loving the 3005s.

SmR9HJZ.png

YJHrGvB.png

Do you know what the measurements are in the width and shoulders on your shirt?