The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Ever looked into the 5xxx denim? Looks just like the pioneer denim but a little less exaggerated. 

Personally I just love that pioneer denim and feel like its extraordinarily outstandingly beautiful... but I can see why you'd have that criticism if you also liked things like resolute, warehouse, etc

5 hours ago, itsbenhere said:

Ever looked into the 5xxx denim? Looks just like the pioneer denim but a little less exaggerated. 

Personally I just love that pioneer denim and feel like its extraordinarily outstandingly beautiful... but I can see why you'd have that criticism if you also liked things like resolute, warehouse, etc

I like the 14oz Flat Head denim on my FH 3012 so far. Will see how it evolves.

40 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I thought you are seling those 3012?!

I did put them up for sale but there hasn't been any interest. Maybe FlatHead is not the most popular or maybe 3012 isn't a cut in demand. I will still honor any buyers who may come along.

In the meantime, I am wearing them today and loving them as I now have a love/hate relationship with my other pair that is PBJ. In fact, now I am able to understand why most guys here maybe rotating at least two pairs at any time. My FH is very roomy and comfy now but looks goofy if I wear it to work around my "fashion forward" co-workers. PBJ is very modern looking but very heavy and keeps stretching. It's a struggle to keep pulling them up all the time. Next pair would be 14 oz or less :). We live, we learn.

10 minutes ago, bod said:

Why do your 3012 look goofy?

Multiple reasons. They are straight-tapered but 37 inseam. When you hem them to 30 inseam to fit me, they are no longer tapered, they are just straight.

37 waist guy wearing straight jeans means there is fabric hanging on thighs, hips, knees and the leg opening isn't what I am used to wearing. But I am kinda having fun in them with my vans shoes and basic summer tees. Feels vintage/classic in a certain way as I have never worn loose/baggy jeans.

These would look a lot better if I could lose enough weight to buy a pair is size 32 instead of the 38 I am wearing now. I'm on it :)

Stick with those PBJ, heavier denim takes a while to settle and to get used to. 

Also fuck what your coworkers think in their mall brand mass produced clothes 

(Wow that was a very assumption filled, generalising, stereotypical outburst :o:blush::D)

1 hour ago, kevypf597 said:

Also, your coworkers don’t give a crap about your jeans. 

I know you mean well. But when you work in fashion for a living and you are one of the most senior in management, people judge you. And they’re very vocal. The good thing is that it doesn’t affect me and I am actually giving them a lesson in denim history these days.

I hang with the most pretentious and shallow crowd as that’s where I work and I am not proud of it.

7 hours ago, i_denim said:

These would look a lot better if I could lose enough weight to buy a pair is size 32 instead of the 38 I am wearing now. I'm on it :)

Presumptively pre-emptive counsel... like with denim, the well-trodden vintage route works a treat... press ups, pull ups, sit ups, squats, running, skipping, cut out the fat and salt, loads of protein and judicious complex carbs, gallons of water... you'll be good to go... and in need of some more new jeans...

2 hours ago, itsbenhere said:

I'd be interested in seeing the fits of your coworkers jeans and your jeans @i_denim. I agree that some raw denim doesn't fit as well as normal denim but if it's just that they're looser than average, I'd rock 'em with pride.

Well my jeans look like this https://supertalk.superfuture.com/topic/117942-pure-blue-japan/?do=findComment&comment=3273160this 

Their jeans look something like this:

I will try to get some actual pics at work, that should be fun.

e19db430e7e4756587245516678b48cf.jpg

10 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Presumptively pre-emptive counsel... like with denim, the well-trodden vintage route works a treat... press ups, pull ups, sit ups, squats, running, skipping, cut out the fat and salt, loads of protein and judicious complex carbs, gallons of water... you'll be good to go... and in need of some more new jeans...

Am on it bro. Haven't eaten any carbs in 6 weeks.

Stick with those PBJ, heavier denim takes a while to settle and to get used to. 

Also fuck what your coworkers think in their mall brand mass produced clothes 

(Wow that was a very assumption filled, generalising, stereotypical outburst :o:blush::D)

My good man :)

I think we've digressed enough and I apologize for that. I will come back with some pictures of my FH pair for this thread after some wears.

Edited by i_denim
added content

20 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Vintage clothes are cool but vintage diets... let's just say science has progressed hahaha.

- Cutting out fat isn't going to do anything, and also fat is good for you (like it is soo good for you, look into ketogenic diet).

- "Gallons of water" isn't going to get you anything but hyponatremia. At most you should be drinking half your body weight in ounces, and honestly that might even be too much (your urine shouldn't be white). too much water also bad for your heart.

- "Loads of protein" isnt going to help with weight loss.

- Salt is an important nutrient. dont cut it out completely.

- Too much carbs is not good for you.

A proper diet would be: Proportional amount of vegetable, protein, and fats, and no sugar. and intermittent fasting does wonders.

22 hours ago, UkeNo said:

My Real Japan Blues x Rivet and Hide 

Straight taper RFR-004. 

14oz Zimbabwean cotton, Left hand twill. 

Daily wearers, had a few soaks and were drying out from the rain this morning.

PSX_20180329_173734.jpg

PSX_20180329_173820.jpg

PSX_20180329_173914.jpg

PSX_20180329_173948.jpg

digging the fades and especially how the leather patch patina. It really help the jeans to standout less and be more "office friendly" when tucking the shirt in

1 hour ago, Claytonimus said:

Vintage clothes are cool but vintage diets... let's just say science has progressed hahaha.

- Cutting out fat isn't going to do anything, and also fat is good for you (like it is soo good for you, look into ketogenic diet).

- "Gallons of water" isn't going to get you anything but hyponatremia. At most you should be drinking half your body weight in ounces, and honestly that might even be too much (your urine shouldn't be white). too much water also bad for your heart.

- "Loads of protein" isnt going to help with weight loss.

- Salt is an important nutrient. dont cut it out completely.

- Too much carbs is not good for you.

A proper diet would be: Proportional amount of vegetable, protein, and fats, and no sugar. and intermittent fasting does wonders.

Agreed. I've been keto + 14-16 hour fast/day for 6+ months now. I didn't need to loose weight - and I didn't loose any, but I like the way I feel overall much better than when I was eating carbs. The daily fasting isn't as hard when in ketosis, but I eat when I feel like it and don't get too hung up on exact timing. 

Wow this has gone waaaaaay off topic, LOL....... 

It wasn't intended as a scientific, nor exhaustive, guide. Always good to hear other perspectives however I'm not going to get into 'bake off' on the topics - let's face it the internet is full of this and this is a denim forum... but just a few points... then let's get back to denim :)

Those exercises are old school and are still used because they work. Of course, there are loads of great, and modern, training regimes out there - I've used many - all depends what you want to achieve and what you like doing.

Cutting down fat reduces the risks of heart disease and stroke so that's a good enough motivator for me. Plus it has 9 calories per gram compared to 4 calories per gram for protein and carbs. Hence an easy way to reduce calories intake too. You do need some - essential fats are, indeed, essential.

Hydration is vital if you're exercising - dehydration can kill. Generally, the higher someone's weight and the more they exercise, the more water needed. When training, a gallon (8 pints) of water a day is easy done and no harm to you. If I drank half my bodyweight in ounces per day, that's so little water I'd feel ill and sluggish with nasty yellow urine (sorry, not a good sign). A marathon runner needs quite a bit too.

1 to 2g of protein per kg of bodyweight is what I'd call plenty and a pretty well used guide for those exercising.

Directionally, the above has stood the test of time for me and my mates who do different sports and exercise forms...

That said...to each, their own...

On 09/03/2018 at 8:39 PM, mrman said:

^I'd recommend you to follow the advice of those who have been in the game longer than you and know their stuff. Flat Head denim is known to shrink a lot and if not done before wearing it will shrink in subsequent washes and screw your hard earned fades. Do you want that to happen? Two proper washing cycles in 40C water should do the trick and after that you are good to go.

Do u know if their 20oz shrinks a lot too? I'd expect the 20oz to be less giving then some of their lighter denims.. I just got a pair of 2221's and the model I bought was fully sanforized, so i'm hoping I can get 2* out of them, because I sized down by mistake.. What do u think? thanks 

18 hours ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

That's an awesome banner. 

Is it a pain to always have to explain what it is or what it means to people?

I'm used to it...

What I find really funny is that any time I have something that says flat head, I'll get questions on it. I would think that if someone saw that they would just assume its some random brand but people always wonder. Personally, if I see someone's clothes with writing on it and I don't recognize it I assume its a brand and leave it at that...

2 hours ago, itsbenhere said:

I'm used to it...

What I find really funny is that any time I have something that says flat head, I'll get questions on it. I would think that if someone saw that they would just assume its some random brand but people always wonder. Personally, if I see someone's clothes with writing on it and I don't recognize it I assume its a brand and leave it at that...

I would get annoyed real quick with questions about my things  (or a banter like that). It's still really cool.

The only other person that knows about the brands I enjoy is my girlfriend. Hoping to keep it that way. I've noticed people tend to ask "how much?" if they see something they like/don't know clothing wise. 

"You're wearing $545 in just jeans and a shirt? Are you crazy?! How much was that wallet?"...

2 hours ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

I would get annoyed real quick with questions about my things  (or a banter like that). It's still really cool.

The only other person that knows about the brands I enjoy is my girlfriend. Hoping to keep it that way. I've noticed people tend to ask "how much?" if they see something they like/don't know clothing wise. 

"You're wearing $545 in just jeans and a shirt? Are you crazy?! How much was that wallet?"...

I remember an interview with William Gibson where he said he avoids talking to people about price of the brands he likes like buzz and iron heart, because people get weird about price. 

On another note, does anyone know what  2nd means by “previous preorders”? I think I’ve seen it discussed here before, but I’ve seen a lot of flat head items with that title and I just want to make sure they’re actually available and in stock or if it’s just a preorder.