The Flat Head

LFC4ever

What’s up fellow flat head fans. I’m sure some of you saw my 3009’s a couple pages ago. I loved how they turned out however I wanted to have a pair with some sharp and contrasty honeycombs. I’m just over two months into my new f310’s and and it looks like they’re going to be insane by the 4 or 5 month mark. I wear these all day long and I’m a warranty tech for an audio/video company so I’m always bending down to work on equipment or fix something. Can’t wait to see how they turn out after the first wash but I assure you great things are coming. Stay tuned!

15 minutes ago, kevypf597 said:

@The Chad Any plans for a machine wash? Surely there's still plenty of shrink left in that pair. Pioneer denim will get about 3" shrink in the inseam. 

I’m considering my options because I would like to get the inseam down but I don’t want to shrink the top block much more. But they honestly fit really well right now. My info says they’ll shrink down two sizes if I do a hot soak all over but they’ll stretch back out to a 31 so maybe not that bad as I can comfortably wear a 31 or 32. Any advice would be appreciated. What I figure I’ll do is hold the top block out of the water and try to shrink the inseam further in a scolding hot soak tomorrow. Edit: Unfortunately I didn’t get measurements 

Edited by The Chad
Info

if you don't want it to shrink further then don't wash. shrinking the inseam only is totally doable and justifiable. whenever i make sizing error, i base my washing regime on what is best to get the jeans to fit me. stinky pants/dad fades be damned! 

2 hours ago, The Chad said:

I would like to get the inseam down but I don’t want to shrink the top block much more. What I figure I’ll do is hold the top block out of the water and try to shrink the inseam further in a scolding hot soak tomorrow. Edit: Unfortunately I didn’t get measurements 

The existential raw denim question... can you shrink just the inseam and not the rest of the jeans? Can you pick and choose what shrinks based on what you dip and water and what you don't?

The answer..... it's not going to work. At some point you're going to want to wash them and they'll be too small, just as they're too small now but you haven't gotten them to their actual size so they look fine. At that point you'll wish you got a size up and had just treated them like normal jeans from the start. Your size in those jeans is one size up and a hot wash.

Please learn from everyone's mistakes and the countless $$$ and jawn-fading wears and time wasted on jeans that were too small because they weren't shrunk all the way.

14 minutes ago, itsbenhere said:

The existential raw denim question... can you shrink just the inseam and not the rest of the jeans? Can you pick and choose what shrinks based on what you dip and water and what you don't?

The answer..... it's not going to work. At some point you're going to want to wash them and they'll be too small, just as they're too small now but you haven't gotten them to their actual size so they look fine. At that point you'll wish you got a size up and had just treated them like normal jeans from the start. Your size in those jeans is one size up and a hot wash.

Please learn from everyone's mistakes and the countless $$$ and jawn-fading wears and time wasted on jeans that were too small because they weren't shrunk all the way.

Word.

8 hours ago, itsbenhere said:

So I just don’t fuck with them then. I believe I already stated with others in rotation and what I paid for them if I get two years of wear I’ll be happy. Btw thank you mighty god of raw denim I humble myself in your presence 

I don't think he's trying to pass off as being a "mighty god of raw denim", I think Ben and everyone here is just trying to save you the grief of wearing a pair of jeans that'll be too tight if you ever have to really wash them. Then again they're your pants, you have to wear them and not us. It might just be easier to cut your losses and flip them for a size up so you don't have to worry about it.

18 minutes ago, Broark said:

I don't think he's trying to pass off as being a "mighty god of raw denim", I think Ben and everyone here is just trying to save you the grief of wearing a pair of jeans that'll be too tight if you ever have to really wash them. Then again they're your pants, you have to wear them and not us. It might just be easier to cut your losses and flip them for a size up so you don't have to worry about it.

Ah, you might be right. That last part just came off as he was trying to be rude when I first read it. Early in the morning and whatnot

2 minutes ago, itsbenhere said:

That entire post was written in earnest because I’ve wasted a shitload of money and time holding off on the wash... if people were telling me what was in my last post I would’ve been way better off. 

Got ya. Honestly I’ve been wearing raw denim for 12 years and have never once put a pair of jeans in a washing machine and overall I like the fit better than all the size up 2s I’ve been seeing. I’m sure finding a 33 would cost me full retail price so I’ll just go with it. Thx for all the input, everyone. I actually did an hour hot soak today so we will see.