The Flat Head

LFC4ever

4 minutes ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Some pre and post soak fits of my 3002...

B401139A-06D3-489C-ABB3-025A752EAB2E.png

1E3821DE-58C5-49D4-B89F-99DC5C0F433A.jpeg

I plan on a cold soak on jeans for about 20 minutes then a steaming hot soak on a little above the knee down to see what I can take off the length. Then probably a hem but I need to get all the inseam shrinkage out

2 hours ago, The Chad said:

Just grabbed a pair of FH3002. I hear everyone talking about shrinkage. I went TTS. Shall I expect ball crushing pressure after the hot soak which I need to do because I’d love to get the inseam down to 33” if possible. Thanks in advance 

Are you able to exchange for a bigger size? These shrink a ton. They will likely be too tight on the hips etc. after shrinking. 

If you plan on never washing them, I guess you could be ok doing a cold soak and hot soaking other parts of the jean if you find it worth doing. But once you wash them in a machine on cold, they likely won't be wearable.

1 hour ago, The Chad said:

Ah, tbh it wouldn’t be unheard of for me to never machine wash them. Probably just do a shower wash while wearing them with Woolite dark

It'll probably still shrink unless you are going to wear them until they are dry. Why not just size up?

1 hour ago, 1fookntitefd said:

It'll probably still shrink unless you are going to wear them until they are dry. Why not just size up?

Ebay pickup. I’ll post a fit pick unless they’re embarrassingly tight. In rotation with other jeans it’ll probably be 2 years before I even consider washing so if I get 2 years for what I paid I’ll be content.

13 hours ago, The Chad said:

Ebay pickup. I’ll post a fit pick unless they’re embarrassingly tight. In rotation with other jeans it’ll probably be 2 years before I even consider washing so if I get 2 years for what I paid I’ll be content.

bought TTS and after cold soak they were hell in thighs and hips

On 2017/11/30 at 4:11 AM, kiya said:

We've learned throughout the years that there is not a single Japanese store that puts the care into the product pages which stores outside of Japan do.  It's not even close..

The photos and information on Japanese sites are generally just copy/pasted from the brands' line sheets while (some) stores outside of Japan shoot great photos, offer extensive spec lists with info, measurements, etc.. The stores outside of Japan almost have to do this, if you can't beat em on price you beat em every other way.

I will bite. Show me any shop aside the 2nd and possibly Samurai compared to which your product description and pictures and measurements are better, more informative and more conductive to a purchase? And 2nd might be soon out of fashion with the developments over the FH homepage and their push into online sales. Still, the old RJB page had everything - pictures and descriptions.  

Do not misunderstand me, Japan might be slow to warm and understand new trends but once the wheel gets rolling they try to do as best as possible. 10 years ago, I was in the Bratislava city center using some city sponsored free wi-fi network to do some work lamenting the fact that there is almost no where a free wi-fi network in Japan. Then come the tourist interest in/onslaught on Japan and things start changing. Now with selfie stick yielding talking over the free public wi-fi with some folks back home type of tourists are everywhere in Japan and you almost wish that the wi-fi gets charged to reduce public nuisance.  

2 hours ago, mikkadehachikai said:

Show me any shop aside the 2nd and possibly Samurai compared to which your product description and pictures and measurements are better

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/klax-on/item/br12666/

http://www.selfedge.com/buzz-rickson?product_id=647

LOL, decades after becoming popular in the west, credit cards are still barely used in Japan. Fax machines, on the other hand, are as popular as ever. Brick and mortar retail in Japan will always dominate online selling, so there's a reason why Japanese websites have looked basically the same for fifteen years. And I'm still totally unconvinced that Western sales will ever be more than an afterthought for the vast majority of amekaji brands. They're lucky to have international retailers like Self Edge, Rivet And Hide, etc. who put care into how they present Japanese products.

On 12/19/2017 at 10:37 PM, mikkadehachikai said:

Show me any shop aside the 2nd and possibly Samurai compared to which your product description and pictures and measurements are better, more informative and more conductive to a purchase?

hahahahahahaha

It runs the whole gamut. Some e-stores are horrible and others are superb. Some of the best product detail pages & pics I've seen are at some of the big Freewheeler dealers like Mirrorball. Even they have a crappy browsing experience though.

That's a real bummer to read. Maybe I will pass on them then.

I don't really store things in the front pockets, but the few times I want to put my hands in them or throw something in real quick, the small openings drive me crazy. It's a struggle to even get a lighter in and out of them. 

Yeah I can confirm this as well. If there is one factor (aside from jp price going up) that keeps from from another pair of flat head's, it's the small pockets and the flimsy material. 

You may look into eternal. Many people say the denim is similar to pioneer denim, although I'd claim eternal's has more variation.  The 811 was one of the only pairs I've had where the pockets were noticeably larger and usable. 

I hear UES has great pockets too. 

Edited by SuperJackle

Wait, who actually uses front pockets? Wallet in back pocket, phone in other back pocket, lighter in coin pocket. What else is there to carry? Edit: I guess smokes would need a placement.  I normally use shirt or coat pockets for that.

Edited by The Chad

Yes. Honestly I've just changed my lifestyle and accepted I can't comfortably put stuff in my front pockets... For me, it's worth it if I can wear flat head and RJB jeans.

On the other hand, since RJB jeans have a way more forgiving denim (stretchier) I think that it's not so bad.

Edited by itsbenhere

1 hour ago, itsbenhere said:

Yes. Honestly I've just changed my lifestyle and accepted I can't comfortably put stuff in my front pockets... For me, it's worth it if I can wear flat head and RJB jeans.

On the other hand, since RJB jeans have a way more forgiving denim (stretchier) I think that it's not so bad.

I respect this notion and practice, but no way am I changing my lifestyle for a pair of pants.