The Flat Head

LFC4ever

35 minutes ago, itsbenhere said:

Wow 8 years? Did they release that shirt before the most recent time a couple years ago?

Just went back to see when it was actually released.. it was SIX years ago, not 8.  They never remade the shirt, it was one run made in 2011 in the spring, then in the fall they did it in a long sleeve version.

1 hour ago, kiya said:

Just went back to see when it was actually released.. it was SIX years ago, not 8.  They never remade the shirt, it was one run made in 2011 in the spring, then in the fall they did it in a long sleeve version.

Didn't you manage to get a small run of the short sleeves made at a later date? I bought mine from you in 2014 (I think) when a new batch was released on the webstore. It's easily my favourite shirt: perfect cut in a beautiful fabric that's just made for warmer climates. 

3 hours ago, Sugar Mountain said:

Didn't you manage to get a small run of the short sleeves made at a later date? I bought mine from you in 2014 (I think) when a new batch was released on the webstore. It's easily my favourite shirt: perfect cut in a beautiful fabric that's just made for warmer climates. 

You guys are making me dig deep in some records.. You're right, we did another run of them just for Self Edge, 53 shirts made with whatever fabric they had left in the spring of 2013.  You may have bought yours in 2013, if you did get it in 2014 it means it was one of the last ones we had left.

8 hours ago, kiya said:

I'm writing this as I wear the shirt traveling from Mexico to SELA for a day, then to Japan to see the new Flat Head collection for 2018.  One of the topics we're discussing is remaking this fabric.  

Put me on the waiting list if this happens!

3 hours ago, kiya said:

You guys are making me dig deep in some records.. You're right, we did another run of them just for Self Edge, 53 shirts made with whatever fabric they had left in the spring of 2013.  You may have bought yours in 2013, if you did get it in 2014 it means it was one of the last ones we had left.

I basically robo-copped it within minutes of the shirt going online because I'd missed out on the original run... So, 2013 it was. Cheers for making that happen.

9 hours ago, Niro said:

That's one cool cap @itsbenhere

Thanks man, I really love it and it fits great. For me personally I think a lot of caps are too deep but this one is just right!

20 hours ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

That linen short sleeve seems awesome. Probably very comfortable too  

I seemed to have missed the glory days of TFH, but I'm glad I discovered them now at least  

The patch on that hat is cool itsbenhere. T-shirts with designs or graphics like that would be great. 

I do agree that the glory days are over. It could be in my head but I was a lot more excited about a lot more flat head stuff that came out a couple years ago. It could be that I've just changed though... I love Native American motifs and I am proud to own both of these older things from flat head:

thc-36w-nv1.jpg

nativesmoke_2.jpg

My Wild Child wallet is 4 years old now. I'll be posting pictures soon either to here or the leather thread.

I want a bifold from them without the coin purse, but you cannot special order from them now it seems (I've tried asking a couple Rakuten shops with no luck). 

Anyone have much real world experience with the mid-length? Is it a pain to use daily?

I also can't find the 3005's in a size 34 now, Japanese or domestic. Bummer.

23 minutes ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

My Wild Child wallet is 4 years old now. I'll be posting pictures soon either to here or the leather thread.

I want a bifold from them without the coin purse, but you cannot special order from them now it seems (I've tried asking a couple Rakuten shops with no luck). 

Anyone have much real world experience with the mid-length? Is it a pain to use daily?

I also can't find the 3005's in a size 34 now, Japanese or domestic. Bummer.

Flat Head no longer allows all of their accounts to make custom leather accessories, only their "premier" accounts can do it now.  

Mid-Length wallets in my opinion look really cool but are a complete pain to use, especially as an every day wallet.

3005 is being remade and being restocked at stores January 15th.

1 minute ago, kiya said:

Flat Head no longer allows all of their accounts to make custom leather accessories, only their "premier" accounts can do it now.  

Mid-Length wallets in my opinion look really cool but are a complete pain to use, especially as an every day wallet.

3005 is being remade and being restocked at stores January 15th.

Nice Kiya I'll be ordering a pair of the 3005. 

This was my fear of the mid-lengths. They look awesome, but over the top for my small gas station runs and errands. 

25 minutes ago, Radiohead89 said:

I love these 310’s to death. Probably close to 3 weeks of wear time. Can’t wait to see how they turn out and I think I got a good fit. What do you guys think?

CDB2C8C6-479E-45E7-8359-C16DCD81B056.jpeg

92901388-02C5-41F3-91F3-ABC3EF456881.jpeg

Hands down, my favorite of all I own...great fit too. 

3 hours ago, Radiohead89 said:

I love these 310’s to death. Probably close to 3 weeks of wear time. Can’t wait to see how they turn out and I think I got a good fit. What do you guys think?

CDB2C8C6-479E-45E7-8359-C16DCD81B056.jpeg

92901388-02C5-41F3-91F3-ABC3EF456881.jpeg

Looks great. It's a shame that the largest size you can go up to in this cut is a size 34 otherwise I would have copped a pair a long time ago. Does anyone know why flathead does not make certain cuts like the 3001 and F310 beyond a size 34? Just wondering...

31 minutes ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Looks great. It's a shame that the largest size you can go up to in this cut is a size 34 otherwise I would have copped a pair a long time ago. Does anyone know why flathead does not make certain cuts like the 3001 and F310 beyond a size 34? Just wondering...

You can look at the 1001 as well...I just started on a pair and they are not far off fit wise.   

• 2 weeks later...

Some good developments I have noticed recently. I have pleaded with several of their sales staff at various stores and with Kobayashi's son that they need to have an online shop and measurements and inventory management software to keep with the times and make it easier for customer to purchase their goods and at the moment the FH are updating their website allowing for some products to be purchased online, others to be reserved and sent to specific stores. So some progress. Not because of me, but I guess they also might be struggling with sales or so......More than else measurements are what interests me at the moment.

Hey there, just curious if anyone knows if on the 6002W jacket whether or not cotton thread or poly core is used? I just scored a lightly used one on grailed that’s just barely crocking in some spots but there doesn’t seem to be as much puckering at the seems as I would expect. Thanks !

Edited by TunisiaandYou
Spelling error

23 hours ago, cmboland said:

Here are my FHxNFxTY jeans i picked up from this forum in late 2014. Ive worn them since DWC2 and about 15 washes. I most likely wont buy another pair of FH jeans because truthfully theyre way out of my pricing bracket. the 20oz modified fit of the 3002 would be my next if i could.

mX3W3jn.jpg

wNZTpft.jpg

FZ85YjC.jpg

UO0RPj5.jpg

ZA2jCRg.jpg

yEPQ0Ts.jpg

1su8g4b.jpg

pretty f******king fly bro

maximum potential achieved

So I went back and read through the beginning of the thread and the 3xxx denim is 14.5 ounces pre soak. With the shrinkage of this denim what does that make it post hot soak? Would it be between 15-15.5 ounces? Sorry if this has been answered before but I haven’t seen anything.