The Flat Head

LFC4ever

10 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

More pictures of the one on left please. How many wears and washes?

the 3009 on the left I've had since May 2013. Probably 1 year and half of real wear wear time. first wash around the 4 or 5 month mark and then a machine wash at least every 1-2 months after that. ill get some better pics up later. All in all its at probably 7-8 washes.

Edited by Radiohead89

I'm in the market for a THC shirt or two from the Flat Head and have a few questions about fit. First, how do they shrink in the wash? Second, how do people usually size on them? At the moment, I'm somewhere in between a size 40/38 depending on the size charts.

My main concern is the length; I'd like to keep it around 24.5-25" length from the base of the collar to the hem. Just for fun, I'd like to keep the chest width anywhere around 36".

Anyone with experience want to chip in? FYI, I'm 5'10 and ~150 lbs with a slim/average build.

Edited by ReverendGlasseye

They don’t shrink in the wash at all.

You are definitely a size 38 or 40. Since you want a 24.5” length I would say get 40, although even that might not make them long enough... according to some measurements it looks like flat head might have made the newer THCs a little longer though...

let me know if you want any more help! The tees are awesome if it’s not too hot!

13 hours ago, itsbenhere said:

They don’t shrink in the wash at all.

You are definitely a size 38 or 40. Since you want a 24.5” length I would say get 40, although even that might not make them long enough... according to some measurements it looks like flat head might have made the newer THCs a little longer though...

let me know if you want any more help! The tees are awesome if it’s not too hot!

IIRC, you went 40 on them, what's the length on yours? Honestly, anywhere between a 24-25" length should be fine.

need some advise on 2111 sizing: most japanese wear size 34 (samurai, IH..), TFH 4002 in 36 because of hip and thigh, RJBlues x R&H RFR-002 in size 34 were uncomfortable, so I suppose also size 36 would have been mine. As I understand in 2111 are not that slim (and also shrink a bit less than pioneer denim) so I should stick with 34? Or also size up to 36? thanx

Some more pictures of my flat head 3009 bought from self edge in may 2013.  They still have a lot of life in them and I’ve been washing them every 2 weeks to once a month now. Sorry for the iPhone quality pics. Tried to capture the color but they still look better in person. I’m using these as my daily work jeans now. Switching between my 3012 and F310 as my nicer outside of work jeans lol. I lost count of the real wear time but it has to be close to 2 years I think. I had to start a new profile on sufu cause I lost my old password and email. I was on here a while ago as maddogwellz. Well enjoy and let me know what you think of my jeans :)

11426828-F358-4F37-A60E-070D4E4FE6B6.jpeg

E0868BDE-4C49-4EAC-95DA-61E9A7BCD9C0.jpeg

A804EB6B-F92B-437F-B391-77C38CE1D7A0.jpeg

ED3EC9C5-131D-41C5-A432-C2D952525E99.jpeg

Has anyone else picked up the Rivet and Hide Collab Jean, the RFR-004? 

These jeans are very impressive...I'm curious why more people aren't discussing them.

Really inky, slubby left-hand-twill with good rise that narrows from the knee to the hem.

Honestly the best fit I've had since my Ande Whalls.

Let me know if anyone's got them or the slim straight 002's - we should hook up a mini-comp or at least a photo thread. 

(I realise it's an RJB collaboration but designed by Rivet and Hide and Flat head as well, and this thread gets more traction )

Thanks

Edited by UkeNo

i've got the 002s. Worn mine for about 2 months, but they are now in wardrobe as I decided to enter the DWC.

To be honest, I should have sized up one. Wearable, but on the tight side for me. For anyone that wants RJB jeans in slim tapered fit but in a mid rise, then these are the answer. 

The denim is amazing. The look of the denim combined with the silhouette make for the smartest looking jeans I own. Danny's (of Rivet & Hide) pair have got awesome fades after 6 months, really lovely shade of indigo.

Are there any shops in Japan with a bigger selection, also in the larger sizes, except for 2nd?

I couldn't find much.

I own the Western Flannel in 42. It's a big snug in the chest.

I'm thinking of buying another shirt.

Do the workshirts fit bigger?
What is the difference for both workshirts and western shirts with the W and WR? I couldn't figure it out, since 2nd doesn't have measurements and other retailers seem to mostly offer only one alternative.

9 minutes ago, Claytonimus said:

Upvote this post if you would buy the fuck out of one of these if they brought it back. So bummed I missed out on this when it came out. Literally like top 3 grails for me.

Glory Park indigo-dyed linen short sleeve:
FH_NAVY_01-454x683.jpg

I even asked the Flat Head guys if they were bringing this back because like you, it's a grail shirt for me. Unfortunately, no dice :( 

That linen short sleeve seems awesome. Probably very comfortable too  

I seemed to have missed the glory days of TFH, but I'm glad I discovered them now at least  

The patch on that hat is cool itsbenhere. T-shirts with designs or graphics like that would be great. 

Here's a story... I own that shirt, it's about 6 years old.  I have worn it on every single trip I've taken, regardless if it was a road trip or a flight, in the past 8 years.  I'm talking many thousands of miles, countless countries, etc.. I wear it on my travel day going to my destination and also on the way back (but not while I'm at my destination). It's turned into a bit of a ritual for me.  The shirt breathes really well, has aged really nicely, and still fits great.  My only concern is that within the next year the lower back part of the shirt may completely wear through from rubbing on my backpack.  I knew I was going to do this when I got the shirt so I sized up one to a 42 knowing it was going to washed and dried over 100 times.  I'm honestly amazed how well the shirt has held up, only the blue paint on the buttons has started to chip off in some places.   

I'm writing this as I wear the shirt traveling from Mexico to SELA for a day, then to Japan to see the new Flat Head collection for 2018.  One of the topics we're discussing is remaking this fabric.  

Edited by kiya