The Flat Head

LFC4ever

2 hours ago, JDelage said:

I never get that much crinkling on the back of my knee, that's crazy. Is that due to a tight cut (I like full legs)?

I think it's a combination of a tight cut coupled with a relatively light weight denim. I can't decide if I like it or not but time will tell.  All my other pairs of jeans have helftier folds...

On 8/22/2017 at 9:38 PM, Saisen said:

If anyone is interested, for sale

The Flat Head x Real Japan Blue x Corlection "Core Me" Lot2109 
Brand New 
Size 31w 
$300 AUD PRICE DROP $250 AUD

- Item is located in AUSTRALIA. Add for shipping and PayPal fees.
- Can be declared at lower value for customs purposes at buyers request. 

Approximates in inches : 
Half waist - 16.7 
Rise - 10.2 
Crotch to side seam - 11.4 
Inseam (chainstitched hemmed) - 29 
Leg opening - 7.4

100% Hand picked Zimbabwe cotton 
14.25oz Japanese orange ID selvage left hand twill denim (Which is exclusively made by R.J.B. They appear to have stronger vertical fades compared to other T.F.H denims) 
Roped beltloops 
Hidden back rivets 
Iron buttons 
Grade A deerskin leather patch with our original "CORE ME" design 
Double stitched front & back pockets 
R.J.B Pirate LOGO is embroidered in left back pocket 
Turquoise color arcs and hem stitchings 
Mid Rise / Slim Tapered fit 
Made In Japan

https://corlection.com/collections/the-flat-head/products/t-f-h-x-r-j-b-x-corl-core-me-2109-slim-tapered-fit-1?variant=14850348419

IMG_0549.JPG

IMG_0550.JPG

IMG_0551.JPG

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0553.JPG

PRICE DROP $250 AUD

On 8/22/2017 at 9:41 PM, Saisen said:

and also

The Flat Head PN-10W Pants
Worn once
Size 33w 30l
$330 AUD PRICE DROP $300 AUD

- Item is located in AUSTRALIA.  Add for shipping and PayPal fees.

IMG_0509.JPG

IMG_0510.JPG

IMG_0511.JPG

IMG_0512.JPG

IMG_0513.JPG

PRICE DROP $300 AUD

On 8/22/2017 at 9:47 PM, Saisen said:

The Flat Head 3001-A
Worn for about a month
Size 33w 30l
$220 AUD PRICE DROP $200 AUD
- Item is located in AUSTRALIA.  Add for shipping and PayPal fees.

Special edition version of Flat Head's popular 3001 jean.
Denim has been rope dyed with a mix of natural and synthetic indigo which gives it a unique colour.
Slightly lighter shade of blue than most Flat Head denim.

IMG_0503.JPG

IMG_0504.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG

IMG_0506.JPG

IMG_0507.JPG

IMG_0508.JPG

PRICE DROP $200 AUD

Edited by Saisen

1 minute ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

There is a supermarket subforum here on Sufu. Please use it.

If you announce an item for sale once in the discussion are, it's kinda accepted.
But if you turn discussion threads into your sale threads and bump them it's too much.

Understood. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Very excited to see what comes out of the Flat Head MK and Club Label sub brands.

Brand Concepts, according to the Flat Head website (translated from Japanese):

MK:

"Ultimate luxury casual concept not only introduces the best technology in modern manufacturing, but also creates the ultimate casual wear boasting worldwide that also fuses traditional techniques by Japanese craftsmen"

Club Label:

While inheriting the insistence of THE FLAT HEAD, with the concept of making playful as a familiar daily wear concept, casual wear with a broader perspective is developed without being caught in the frame of American casual.

8 hours ago, Claytonimus said:

Very excited to see what comes out of the Flat Head MK and Club Label sub brands.

Brand Concepts, according to the Flat Head website (translated from Japanese):

MK:

"Ultimate luxury casual concept not only introduces the best technology in modern manufacturing, but also creates the ultimate casual wear boasting worldwide that also fuses traditional techniques by Japanese craftsmen"

Club Label:

While inheriting the insistence of THE FLAT HEAD, with the concept of making playful as a familiar daily wear concept, casual wear with a broader perspective is developed without being caught in the frame of American casual.

The new Club Label is really great, it's slightly modernized Flat Head garments at slightly lower prices but made in the same factories as their regular line. 

The fits are updated a bit and branding has been removed on some shirts and jackets for a cleaner look.

1 hour ago, itsbenhere said:

I'm assuming the fabrics won't be quite as nice/difficult to produce as the ones in the normal line?

The fabrics won't be as exotic as Flat Head's mainline and some of the hardware isn't original as most of FH's hardware (buttons, zippers, snaps, taping, etc.) is 100% original to Flat Head.

That sounds fine to me, it's nice that they're making stuff for every price point. You don't always need the most crazy thing out there.... although I prefer it!

@oomslokop here's a pic... it's not atrocious but with leather it kind of rides up as you walk, drive, eat etc... a lot different than denim!

CjKYoJn.jpg?1

I would say that garments from the club label are cleaner, with a more contemporary cut, but feel cheaper and somewhat not belonging to the whole company's line. Not that are bad when but when you have some of the shirts woven from exotic fabrics in the shop, it is strange to try on CL garments. I was told by one of their clerks that all fabrics for CL line are not custom made, while those for main lines such as FH and RJB are specifically made for them.

This is the first I've even heard of Club Label, I must be really out of it. MK has been around a few years, everything I've seen from that one has been kinda redundant since it seems pretty similar to RJB.

It's been a while since FH had a collection that really made me turn my head. I think Fall/Winter 2013 was the high point, so many classic shirts came out that year.

I am afraid you might be right. Their shops feel very empty at the moment in terms of products, e.g. no chinos, and clients compared when I first visited them. Last time in their new, or latest in Tokyo, store in Jingumae/Harajuku I finally encountered a purchasing client, two in fact - one from Taiwan and one Japanese, for the first time in several years. Their flea market events are becoming more frequent and they have started offloading unsold goods at ameichi store on Auctions Yahoo JP. So business might not be good. Kobayashi's son is sometimes in store, but I doubt that the young would and could turn the ship. 

Huh, interesting. I think this is a problem that's probably facing most amekaji brands as a whole. Their main clientele are older, and it's hard to continually expand domestically. Plus, many of those guys probably have full closets from years and years of buying, and given that most middle class Japanese work crazy hours at jobs with a dress code, they probably have limited time to wear what they do have, anyway.

I'm curious if the Thai market has cooled down. FH was shipping insane amounts of stuff to Pronto in 2013 but I don't know if raw denim is a big deal like it was back then.

Thai denim scene was still pretty crazy when I was there in January. TFH and IH seem to be the favoured brands but the market is becoming more exposed to newer brands so therefore more choice/competition.

When I was in Bangkok back in April/May, I visited all of the Pronto stores. This was on a weekday late afternoon/early evening, but whole area was packed with shoppers. Apart from one, they were all empty. That one had several people (non-staff) in it, all wearing Imperial jeans and in that corner of the store for Imperial.

Anyway, they had tons of flat head jeans. The 4001sp for example had almost a whole shelving square for it, and that's from about 2 years ago isn't it?

7 hours ago, Niro said:

When I was in Bangkok back in April/May, I visited all of the Pronto stores. This was on a weekday late afternoon/early evening, but whole area was packed with shoppers. Apart from one, they were all empty. That one had several people (non-staff) in it, all wearing Imperial jeans and in that corner of the store for Imperial.

Anyway, they had tons of flat head jeans. The 4001sp for example had almost a whole shelving square for it, and that's from about 2 years ago isn't it?

They had a ton of those 4001SPs in stock when I worked at FH. Guess they finally sold them all to Pronto. Kind of a weird model. The black jeans have never been all that popular but those ones are an even harder sell with the bright red stitching and stuff.

FH still has a great core range and the small curated collections that western stores like Self Edge and Rivet And Hide buy are always nice, but looking at their broader product range in Japan, it feels like they're either really unfocused or not sure what to do.