The Flat Head

LFC4ever

i will say that as revolting as faux-distressing is, these are actually very well executed.  The garbage True Religions that get folded and sanded so each whisker is perfectly straight and, well, fake looking look terrible compared to these.  These could actually pass as sick fadez if someone threw a couple pics on Instagram

Edited by garden gnomes in space

Seeing artificial holes/tears makes jeans look like sun-baked dog poo to me, but if they are holes from natural wear & tear, I think they look pretty awesome

I actually like holes that look like that and wanted the holes in my jeans to be patched that way, except for the crotch, but Indigo Proof only does darning.

These definitely don't look as good as natural wear, but as far as predistressed jeans go I think they look really good. After seeing those, I just thought it was funny that even when it comes to pre-distressed jeans, the Japanese brands just do it better!

• 2 weeks later...

Will 2 separate hot soaks (at least 100*f), heavy agitation by hand inside out, separated by hang drying get all the shrinkage out of the 14.5 3xxxx denim? or will i have to go for a third.

I dont want to use my washing machine. 

I'd say the bulk of it would be out but you might have some residual shrinkage if you inevitably machine wash. In my experience aggressive hand washing still isn't as effective as machine washing and the pioneer denim takes a whole lot to finally settle. 

Why anti-machine? I would just be afraid of having jeans that I liked for a few months becoming too small once you eventually washed them.

Even with a machine, you don't have to worry about it making the jeans soft or missing out on the fades or anything, even if you want super contrast...

^ Well.. I have this front loading washing machine and Im not sure if that is going to cause them to get twisted like you would see normal garments..

Has anyone used a front load washer