The Flat Head

LFC4ever

What's defect? I haven't found any lack in quality on my 2 pairs so far.

Yeah I'd be interested to hear too, I haven't experienced any problems!

Although I meant to post a pic of my lined pocket bags, there's a lot of excess uncut fabric there.

The only issues I've ever had with my FH jeans is the yellow inseam overlock stitch thread coming loose, and the stitching around the front pocket threads coming loose, when I haven't had this issue on other pairs (or didn't have it until much later.) I think this is more due to their use of all-cotton thread than anything else.

Aside from the stitching coming undone in 2 minor places, they're all use & wear related so I think it could be related to cut? I do love the 3012's fit and will def buy another pair.

Regarding my earlier question on 3005/3009 sizing, I found some measurements on rakuten also, frisbee in fact (http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/frisbee/item/10003355/). According to them the unwashed jeans in size 36 have a 38" waist. RH say that raw start with the marked waist and SE 2.5" less than marked.

When looking at the frisbee measurements, only size 42 would fit my thighs, this can't be true that they are so slim? Have to say that I'm confused...

^I hear you on this man. In my experience,if you're spending a premium on jeans, and have conflicting measurments, you can either gamble with the cheaper option or go with the more expensive shop that is willing to provide exact measurements. I've had better luck with the latter.

Btw, I am facing this exact conundrum with regards to the purchase of a 3012.

Go with R&H measurements they are pretty spot on across brands, probably because they actually take time to measure as opposed to just lifting from the manufacturer.

I've actually sat in the store and compared their measurements with my own on the same pair of jeans (yes I take my own tape measure with me!) and they are bang on. Most Japanese sites use the 360 method rather than flat method so always looks much bigger than it actually is I find.

@mrman - Frisbee does not measure the waist the same way as SE or R&H. They use the circular method, which tends to come out slightly larger than the laid flat method. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for flooding this topic but have to ask one more thing; I like the original japanese arcs better than the western ones but what's the inseam like on those? I'm 6'3" and worried that the japanese 3005/3009 would end up too short after all the shrinkage?

9 minutes ago, gazeboarder said:

Has anyone been to the Flat Head shop (Jingunme) in Shibuya / Harajuku?  I'm wondering if they carry larger sizes (jeans 36 / shirts in 46 & 48).  Thanks

I was just at the Shibuya store last week (both of them). They did indeed have jeans sized 36+ in stock and also some shirts in size 46, albiet only in certain styles (which is probably a good thing to prevent me from spending more money than i did at those stores). 

Here are some pics of the flathead store in shibuya during my trip to Japan last week. The staff was super cool but for one reason or another they did not have that many shirts in larger sizes so I only ended up getting 4 shirts. I guess flathead makes clothes for smaller people? Anyways is probably a good thing or else I wouldn't be able to control myself from spending more money.

C263A082-5EC1-4ED2-9A2E-CF149376DAF5.JPG

42AF40C0-1442-474C-83FD-225F82BDD774.JPG

01AF9EDF-B198-485E-BE89-EE6EFF05E1D7.JPG

2E152691-38BF-41CA-A13C-15CB17FA045F.JPG

F07F8BCC-F54E-41F8-92AA-721B9081D287.JPG

3056B292-7B0E-492C-93A2-40F5E8376047.JPG

5C98F0DE-3F17-4DCE-BAA7-2DA276D4BAD7.JPG

EE5A8C5D-728E-4E64-8812-146D4C77B5A5.JPG

2A05D6F3-00C7-4AD4-A612-8110D6F0DFCD.JPG

FCE6097F-FCE3-42F3-905C-3AFF72C1A231.JPG

60F7CEAB-2AA5-4547-9DB4-0B485B73A084.JPG

77CB9418-AD3C-48F2-9D48-7D90A14471EC.JPG

B327144D-99CD-42DB-AE73-0F7CF8794E71.JPG

2EB804C3-4AAD-4AA8-83EC-9CB9C58F9854.JPG

9C7E6FD8-9F4A-41FD-B741-EFA240F855BD.JPG

Here are pics of my score at the flathead store. These were the only shirts I could get in a size 46 although the t-shirt is a size 44. I was like a kid in a candy store. If they had larger sizes for the rest of their stock I don't think I could have controlled myself from buying more. 

IMG_0395.JPG

IMG_0396.JPG

IMG_0397.JPG

IMG_0398.JPG

IMG_1445.JPG

9 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Sure was. I went to not one but two Flathead stores in Tokyo, the Evisu store, warehouse, kapital, and real mccoys and the Flathead store in sibuya was the nicest in my opinion (although the RMC store was also really nice). 

1fooknitefd - When you say you visited two Flathead shops which location was the second second shop?  Was it the Jiyugaoka store?

Did you visit the Japan Blue or the Pure Blue Japan stores?

I will most likely be heading to Japan in a few weeks.

Thanks - Eric

26 minutes ago, gazeboarder said:

1fooknitefd - When you say you visited two Flathead shops which location was the second second shop?  Was it the Jiyugaoka store?

Did you visit the Japan Blue or the Pure Blue Japan stores?

I will most likely be heading to Japan in a few weeks.

Thanks - Eric

Yes it was the Shigoya store. Went there to get more clothes in larger sizes. I did not go to Japan Blue. I tried going to PBJ which is actually a 3 minute walk up the street from Flathead Shibuya but it was closed on 1/2...

You should also consider checking out the RMC store while you are in Japan. It's not very far from Flathead or PBJ but it's one of the nicer stores I've been to.

Amazing pics 1fookntitefd, and great pick ups! That white dobby shirt is one of my favorites that FH has done recently.

Most Japanese men wear a 38 in Flat Head shirts. Sizes over 42 are rarely sold in Japan, and only in pretty small quantities to the larger retailers. You were fortunate to find those shirts in store!

51 minutes ago, Cold Summer said:

Amazing pics 1fookntitefd, and great pick ups! That white dobby shirt is one of my favorites that FH has done recently.

Most Japanese men wear a 38 in Flat Head shirts. Sizes over 42 are rarely sold in Japan, and only in pretty small quantities to the larger retailers. You were fortunate to find those shirts in store!

I always thought it was weird that they don't have many size 42-46 shirts unless they are trying to accommodate the American market.  Japan also has Olympic weight lifters whose or may not Avondale those sizes.  I don't think they currently have any SHW weight lifters as well.

A size 46 is rare nonetheless.

Edited by mlwdp

13 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Here are pics of my score at the flathead store. These were the only shirts I could get in a size 46 although the t-shirt is a size 44. I was like a kid in a candy store. If they had larger sizes for the rest of their stock I don't think I could have controlled myself from buying more. 

IMG_0395.JPG

IMG_0396.JPG

IMG_0397.JPG

IMG_0398.JPG

IMG_1445.JPG

Did they charge extra for those sizes?