The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Those rises are insanely low...

I'm really really surprised that there aren't any straightish RJB jeans, seems like a lot of people would jump on board! RJBs denim is seriously amazing, not gimmicky, and not offered in non-slim cuts...

Does anyone know (or think) if Flat Head will ever make more of their leather sneakers?

I've seen a few pairs for pretty cheap on yahoo.jp, it's probably the only place you will find these. You can always ask the guys at corlection in sydney via their instagram as well, they are always bringing over new FH shit and things I've never seen before 

You can always ask the guys at corlection in sydney via their instagram as well, they are always bringing over new FH shit and things I've never seen before

That horsehide shoe they have looks awesome.

Edited by mikecch

^ Pics? :)

Breaking 4 digits though...

For that kinda pricing I could get custom leathers from tanneries and get two pairs made by White's, Wesco or Nick's.

Still, awesome shoes.

my bad, I saw the post below and saw the sneakers. I have those, not the shoes, sorry. I agree with the pricing. If I'm going over a grand, I spend my dough on engineer boots.

The ones with the diamonds? It seems unlikely since they haven't made those in years :/

Yea those are the ones, look really nice, and since it's flat head I would expect them to last much much longer than converse.

But yea i am hoping they will make something similar again

I've got a pair of the black leather Converse-style ones, I've owned them since Spring 2013 and they're still going strong. I walked a lot in them 5+ days a week for the first seven months or so, about twice a week for the next few months after that, and around once a week ever since. There is wear on the heel and some of the interior canvas at the ankle is worn, but they'll be wearable for years to come, and are still very comfortable.

Last I heard Flat Head stopped making these because of some kind of legal issue with the Converse design. I don't think they'll make them again, which makes me happy that I own a pair (wish I had the off-white colored ones as well but I've never seen them come up in a size 10.)

Ahhh that's a shame. Well I hope they will make something new then

@ Niro, Self Edge has a few sizes of those and the canvas and leather sneakers. I have pair of each and both are super nice and comfortable like Cold Summer mentioned.

Thanks. I did see they had some in stock, but the sizes of the ones I wanted were out of stock (taking into account that they apparently run half size larger)

Wow that is cool! I always wondered how Flat Head's amazingly intricate shirt patterns are created... it'd be cool to see a breakdown of that little paper that's being fed into the side of the first loom, what it's programming for. As well as a bit about the different 'arms' dropping in and out of the line around 26 seconds in; are those selecting different colored threads? adjusting the tension of the weave? something else? i admit I'm completely ignorant of this sort of thing. but this is an awesome video, thanks for sharing ben!

Always happy to share the cool stuff I find!

I wish so bad companies that had the means to (translators and an interest in the international market) could share videos like this with explanations, etc. I've internalized the prices of these things so that I expect them to be made by cool processes, but seeing how small those looms are really shows why special things have to cost what they do.