The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Yeah, toothpaste for some reason is a real PITA to get out of clothes in my experience (nothing a washing machine can't handle though of course). And it won't leave any marks when properly washed. I've got toothpaste on my jeans plenty of times and nothing remains after a proper machine wash.

@itsbenhere 

Very nice fades. I'm not married to those pockets, but I just got a pair of the 3009. Looking for a second pair to rotate and figured I'd go for something "slightly" different rather than buy the same exact pair. Speaking of which, what do you guys think of this fit (these have been hot soaked)? I could definitely have taken a size up (these are a 32, my usual size) and had less pain in the waist and testicles these first few days. I imagine though this will yield a sexier fit in the long run as in my one experience with the flat head 3xxx denim the stuff definitely stretches and softens significantly over time. 

IMG_2978_zps7amh8flk.jpg

IMG_2969_zpsdgkdsksh.jpg

IMG_2986_zpsmtgmjiwb.jpg

That rise looks painful, but everything else looks good!

It sort of was at first, but they are getting more comfortable each day. Would a size up really have made much difference in the rise? According to Rivet and Hide's measurements the front rise on the 32 and 33 is virtually the same. Differences are in waist, hip, and knee.

Edit: I should note here that Self Edge should really redo some of their measurements when they get new lots. I ordered my 3009s from them and they say a 32 is 32 inches in the waist pre-soak- mine were more like 31. Pretty big difference if you ask me. Luckily they stretched out after two days of wear- which is something it seems you can count on the 3xxx denim to do. I'm still iffy on how the rise feels but I like how it looks. Maybe I'll order a size up for comparison and sell whichever I don't like?

Edited by Aviv

I can pretty much guarantee that a size up and hot wash is what you're looking for.

I'm really on the fence. Every hour I wear them they get more comfy plus I love the actually fit. The waist has already stretched to the point that I can fit my hand down there.

I know a lot of people in this thread say that the 3xxx doesn't stretch a ton. I have had the totally opposite experience: it will stretch as much as you need it to.

Edited by Aviv

I'm not sure what kind of fades you're looking for but if you want them like mine youll have to wash like at least once a month. Mainly I'm afraid that since you just hot soaked them, the jeans aren't fully shrunk yet so that ball crushing feeling will get worse when you finally wash them.

I have a feeling that a size up and hot wash will give you that same fit, except it'll be fully shrunk and for the life of the jeans you won't be dreading a wash!

I'm not sure what kind of fades you're looking for but if you want them like mine youll have to wash like at least once a month. Mainly I'm afraid that since you just hot soaked them, the jeans aren't fully shrunk yet so that ball crushing feeling will get worse when you finally wash them.

I have a feeling that a size up and hot wash will give you that same fit, except it'll be fully shrunk and for the life of the jeans you won't be dreading a wash!

I hear you, man. I've always experienced 3xxx to shrink and stretch pretty consistently. As long as they LOOK good, that's all I care about. Those pics I posted were a funny angle because I had to use the timer. The jeans actually look cool. I cold wash my denim on gentle and have never seen much noticeable shrinkage after the initial hot soak. I think I'm going to ride this wave out.

So can anyone tell me where I can find some F380s in stock?

Tried out a flathead flannel shirt at Rivet and Hide...unfortunately it's not for me. Everything about it was perfect apart from the wide sleeves...slim fitting except for the sleeves, it just looked weird on me :(

Tried out a flathead flannel shirt at Rivet and Hide...unfortunately it's not for me. Everything about it was perfect apart from the wide sleeves...slim fitting except for the sleeves, it just looked weird on me :(

Was it western or workshirt?  Was it from the normal line or the "wide" line?

They have over 7 different fits which their long sleeve shirts are made from.  

Workshirt, workshirt wide, western, western wide, RJB shirts, denim shirts, and sometimes their special Glory Park shirts.

And that's just their long sleeves, and i'm definitely missing a couple.

Edited by kiya

Workshirt, workshirt wide, western, western wide, RJB shirts, denim shirts, and sometimes their special Glory Park shirts.

well, at least when someone challenges the statement that they are particular about their clothes, they can back it up!

i've got a black mint western dobby shirt which turned out a bit smaller than "normal" fh western, is that generally the case with the black mint shirts?

I should have prefaced what i said above with the fact that those are intended fits.  The fit ends up changing depending on the type of fabric being used and if the shirt is rinsed once, twice, or not rinsed at all.  

Pretty sure the f380 is discontinued. Anyone know different? Kiya had told me he could still order them but that was like 4 years ago.

Yeah the F series isn't made any longer, I got an F380 from Aero on sale last year, but I haven't seen them in stock anywhere lately.

And that's just their long sleeves, and i'm definitely missing a couple.

oh wow I had no idea. Thanks for the info.

It was the HNW-64W Western flannel. Would the 'W's stand for Western and Wide?

Ok so I would need to find a fit which is slim fitting all round

oh wow I had no idea. Thanks for the info.

It was the HNW-64W Western flannel. Would the 'W's stand for Western and Wide?

Ok so I would need to find a fit which is slim fitting all round

First W means western, second W means washed. If the 2nd was a WR, that would mean western wide. If it was HN-64WR, that'd be work shirt wide.

Well after spending 4 days with my 3009s I have to admit defeat. I've never had this problem with Flat Heads before (3002, 3001, BSP), but these tagged 32s are simply a 31 in reality. I'm a clear 32 waist (I've even lost 8-10 pounds of weight around my mid section this year!) and this top block is too tiny. I'll be listing them for sale at 50% off and ordering a size up. It sucks but so does wearing jeans that are too small and look disproportionate

Edited by Aviv

Well after spending 4 days with my 3009s I have to admit defeat. I've never had this problem with Flat Heads before (3002, 3001, BSP), but these tagged 32s are simply a 31 in reality. I'm a clear 32 waist (I've even lost 8-10 pounds of weight around my mid section this year!) and this top block is too tiny. I'll be listing them for sale at 50% off and ordering a size up. It sucks but so does wearing jeans that are too small and look disproportionate

I'm a 32 waist and ended up buying a size 34, let them go after 3 months! found them to be somewhat restrictive in the hip and mid-thigh and not the comfiest pair of jeans to be working in 8 hours a day.

I'm a 32 waist and ended up buying a size 34, let them go after 3 months! found them to be somewhat restrictive in the hip and mid-thigh and not the comfiest pair of jeans to be working in 8 hours a day.

So the 34 worked out in the end?

Clearly not!

Ha oops. Read the original post wrong. 

In other news - Denimio just sent me the 1015 instead of the 1005 I ordered. I'm contemplating just keeping them since I don't see anything about them out there and they appear to be almost the same cut as the 1005. 

Edited by Aviv

I sized 2 up I think on my 3009s.  I'm pretty much always a 30 in jeans but I went 32 on my 3009s and they fit like a glove.

My size 34 3009's are way uncomfortable in the hips and crotch after being fully shrunk. Will probably try and sell when I'm not lazy.

For what it's worth- I actually like the tight hip and crotch look. These are based on 60s jeans after all. What would Jim Morrison do? For me, I can take the tightness (I'm a slim build) just not the pain of a seam digging into my crotch or splitting my testicles. It's all about finding the right balance. I'm convinced a size up will be just right. Stay tuned for pics I've already ordered it from SE.