The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Oh damn. I thought it would be a NOS flat head. What does the details that tells you it's fake? The arc?? Thanks kiya. 

The arcuates and especially the denim. 

Oho, interesting. The interior stitching around the hidden rivet kinda gives it away. Also, the old 3001s like that (with that patch) had a cowhide patch, that one is clearly goatskin (like on the newer models.) Front pocket opens are also too big, only the 3005 has large front pockets like that. Other that that it's pretty convincing. 

I typed the exact same thing but deleted it, I realized that maybe the point is to bootleg it and sell it at a high enough price to make a profit, yet still low enough (but not too low) to persuade others to take a risk?

These jeans look super good for fakes though!

to be honest i thought Kiya was messing with him but these are really fake ??? crazy 

Yup, not messin'.. those are totally fake.  The denim looks like cheap Chinese selvedge, not using that as a general diss, just saying that's literally what the denim looks like.  Also, the stitch patterns aren't the same as FH's jeans (as Kyle also pointed out).  

I'm genuinely surprised that bootleggers will go to such lengths for what is an incredibly niche interest item. I mean, why not just be in the business of making fake BAPE or Supreme gear? Fake Flat Heads, Iron Heart or Momotaro is something else...

There are fakes of every brand you can imagine.  You know there are fakes of every collaboration we've done with Imperial?  How limited is that market for that?  I'd say quite small.. a collaboration between an American shop and a nearly unknown Australian brand, yet there are tons of fakes of all three collaborations we've done with Imperial.  We've found fake jeans which were a combination of FH's jeans and a Sugar Cane collab we once did.  All these were made in Thailand, land of the infamous LVC fakes from the late 2000's.

I'm genuinely surprised that bootleggers will go to such lengths for what is an incredibly niche interest item. I mean, why not just be in the business of making fake BAPE or Supreme gear? Fake Flat Heads, Iron Heart or Momotaro is something else...

I was thinking the same thing

I've seen fake TFH, IH, Imperial and Momotaro quite a few times in Thailand. There's such a market for those brand's in SE Asia it makes sense to copy those as opposed to gucci or supreme which are ten a penny on every market.

That actually is the correct wording from the old patch from about ten years ago.

There's a 95% chance that those were sold in Thailand, where there's a huge market for FH. Maybe also Indonesia.

Just a broader question regarding something I've always been curious about, maybe someone can give some insight into.  Why is Southeast Asia (seemingly) such a strong market for these niche type products?  Not only fakes as are being discussed here, but authentic Japanese brands seem to do well. The reason I ask is because this is also the case when it comes to vintage band t shirts, pretty often when I see a really rare band t-shirt on eBay or other sites, the seller is located in Malaysia.

@vivamarlon i wrote this in the samurai thread five years ago, when some guys found samurai and iron heart fakes in indo.

"fakes are marketed as "replicas" or as we know it here in indonesia, KW (pronounced Kuh-Way, short for KWalitas=quality). you can get different quality of KW products, KW1 for a really good copy, KW2 for not so good, etc.

this KW thing is interesting/problematic psycho/socio-logically. since things like samurais are way beyond the price range for most indonesians, some of them are quite happy to buy the KW version as long as they get the chance to fool some people some of the time into thinking they might be wearing a legit pair. or sometimes between themselves they know what they're wearing and what their friends are wearing are KW products, and the contest becomes: who has the best KW product?

the best KW is called KW Super. 

the goods themselves are either made locally or in china. when indonesian tourists go to shanghai they are invariably taken to a KW hypermarket where they can buy assorted quality copies of branded goods (mostly handbags).

there's a really interesting debate on KW on the indonesian denim forum darahkubiru (for those who can read indonesian/are used to googletranslationese/rakutenglish) here."
Edited by oomslokop

That's very interesting! Relating to what Kiya said, about there being fakes of every brand, I've been to Central America and have family there and have actually seen fakes of American brands generally thought to be of low quality and often low cost (Aero, American Eagle, etc.) I imagine there it has a lot to do with the perception of what's popular or "held in high esteem" in America.

Whenever I've had family members visit from Central America, they've been shocked at the low price tags on these items, more so that they are authentic.

Just to give an example from the other end of the spectrum.

Sometimes those brands are marketed differently in foreign countries/appeal to a different segment. Abercrombie, for example, is widely considered in the US to be the brand of spoiled jock teenagers with fake tans and bleached spiky hair, but in Japan they're (for some reason) considered this high-end, sophisticated sort of brand. Never got that at all.

Edited by Cold Summer

Sometimes those brands are marketed differently in foreign countries/appeal to a different segment. Abercrombie, for example, is widely considered in the US to be the brand of spoiled jock teenagers with fake tans and bleached spiky hair, but in Japan they're (for some reason) considered this high-end, sophisticated sort of brand. Never got that at all.

Is it because of this?

http://www.acontinuouslean.com/2014/01/13/remembering-abercrombie-fitch/

Not sure which aspect of Abercrombie they follow in Japan; didn't notice too many people there wearing it.