The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Bonsoir!

The Flat Head 8002, 18oz. The same cut as the 3002 but heavier, or better if you prefer :)     2 washes

Enjoy your W-E guys!

JP

tumblr_o5cp013CBG1tsmwd8o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_o5cp013CBG1tsmwd8o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_o5cp013CBG1tsmwd8o1_540.jpg

tumblr_o5cp013CBG1tsmwd8o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_o5cp013CBG1tsmwd8o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_o5cp013CBG1tsmwd8o2_1280.jpg

Edited by Suitbydayrawdenimbynight

Snagged this wallet from japan last week, it is en-route to me now and i should have it by the weekend. I think its shell, i asked some FH collectors on instagram and they think its shell too...i really think it looks like natural shell from the way it shines, the stitching, and the wear on it (but who knows! all part of the fun!) 

uVnCh1y.jpg

5vkZ6nH.jpg

If it's not shell its not a big deal, i got it for a great price and i love the starburst details with the iron studs and the gem which will match my black FH belt. It needs to be cleaned up a bit but some saphir reno should do that job nicely. 

Better pics & an impression to come this weekend once i clean it up a bit

Meet the owners and designers of Flat Head at Self Edge Los Angeles this Saturday!

This Saturday, April 16th, between 2pm and 4pm at Self Edge Los Angeles all the owners and designers from Flat Head are coming from Japan for a meet and greet.  

They'll be there available to answer any questions, sign the pocket bags of your jeans, and will also have some stickers/freebies to give out. 

The editor-in-chief of Daytona Bros magazine will also be there to photograph the meet for the next issue of their magazine. 

Yeah I can't find that exact wallet.  There are some with the iconic TFH starburst but not correctly over another piece of leather like this one.  I doubt it was custom maybe just an older model that is no longer indexed on the web.

Karanimal: Yep, the main part of the body is cordovan, can't tell if the black part is (looks like it might be cowhide.) Cool find though, never seen a FH wallet quite like that before!

Cool! I was pretty suprised when i first saw it on yahoo.jp. I think the lousy pics and the water stains turned some people away. I figured if it was shell the stains would disappear with some saphir reno or if it was just a tan cowhide the stains would fade with wear and patina! 

Yeah I can't find that exact wallet.  There are some with the iconic TFH starburst but not correctly over another piece of leather like this one.  I doubt it was custom maybe just an older model that is no longer indexed on the web.

I looked all over rakuten and some flat head dealer sites and i couldn't find the wallet anywhere. It might just be a makeup for a small japan based shop? 

As far as I could tell, it was was only myself and one other person who came specifically for the FH crew. Super low key because they were here for Viva Las Vegas and were probably making a trip out of it... In fact, I got there at 2:30, and they already left! Thankfully, the guys at SELA were able to convince them to come back. Very happy they did.

This pic kinda sums up my struggles to fit into many Japanese brands. Ben, the sizes you have mentioned purchasing are way small for me, yet you look like Dwayne Johnson next to Kobayashi-san!

I'm confident you could find your size, Kobayashi-san is a small guy but he's wearing a 36. They consistently make up to a 42/44, but if you're ok with preordering you can get 46's for almost everything. Plus, the wide body ones are now an option.

You mean the S hook? Unsurprisingly, I have one... I like it a lot. It works especially well with raised belt loops too which is cool. You can adjust how small you want the opening to be so I'm sure you could figure it out.

Only downside is i think that Flat Head's in-house jewelry isn't as off the charts quality as the rest of their stuff when you compare it to what's out there.

Karanimal: Yep, the main part of the body is cordovan, can't tell if the black part is (looks like it might be cowhide.) Cool find though, never seen a FH wallet quite like that before!

Australia post has lost the wallet....  :wacko:

Waiting game to see if those twats can locate it. It got all the way to Sydney and has disappeared 

That's unusual (in my experience, anyway)—the only time I can remember something similar happening to me was when I had an item sent to my workplace (was getting a lot of musical gear at that point and judged it best not to have it turn up at home too often), and whoever answered the door didn't know of my Mrs-mondo-workaround and said "no, we're not expecting anything"...

So, the parcel must have gone back to whichever post office had distributed it, and a "come and get your parcel" note issued out into the ether (I certainly didn't get it)—eventually, thinking surely it had to have arrived, I tracked it down at a weird little suburban post office somewhere in the cluster surrounding my then-workplace.

Of course, your postie could be sporting a blingy new wallet—check cctv footage!

(on a side note, how come I have "0 warning points"? I do try to stay out of trouble, it's true, but I haven't noticed any other users racking up the "warning points", whatever they may be.  I have seen a few changes of the board, though.. perhaps it's a relic of some distant time. I think I had to re-register in '07, so must have been here more than 10 years now.. )

Edited by mondo

I have 4, because I once bumped my sales thread too early. Well, can't help it, such a badass I am.

ive had my 4 warning points for 2 years because of this.

I have 4, because I once bumped my sales thread too early. Well, can't help it, such a badass I am.

Rock star life style and attitude will catch up with you eventually Max...

Just to clear this up regarding shop measurements and quoted shrinkage for a Lot 3001 for example

"will shrink 1" in the waist"

Does this mean 1" around the waist (360 degrees) or 1" across the waist band laid flat (so 1" x2 = 2") ?

Edited by bod

The color on those are incredible man! Really makes me see the benefits of not washing every 2 weeks. Seriously gorgeous...

Just to clear this up regarding shop measurements and quoted shrinkage for a Lot 3001 for example

"will shrink 1" in the waist"

Does this mean 1" around the waist (360 degrees) or 1" across the waist band laid flat (so 1" x2 = 2") ?

Honestly I'd say that it was across the waist band, or even more than that if you hot wash. But either way it'll stretch to the presoak if you need it too in just a couple days.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I would like my TFH 3009 a lot more if the damn front pockets were more accessible. It’s not that I put tons of stuff in my front pockets…in fact I usually have nothing in them. But I like to be able to put coins or keys inside and would be able to get the stuff out of the pockets without undressing my pants…

And I like to put my hands in my pockets when I’m standing around.

Rant over :D