The Flat Head

LFC4ever

IDK if it helps anyone i wear a 34 in a 3009 but had to size up to a 36 in the 3002 and the top block got extremely loose after 2 weeks but the legs were fairly snug. I cant do the 3002 cut.

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/10622-the-flat-head/?view=findpost&p=2978433

Decided to pick up two more HNW-52W's.  By far my favorite cut/style of flannel around.  Got the moss green and brown.  Snagged those old season ones since I really do not care at all for the new colors that have come out the past couple of years.  I also wish they'd get rid of the branding on the breast pocket with the new models.

No sir, this one:

Preordered it in like August I think...

In other news, got both a sweater and a cardigan from flat head. They're both dope, I love the color variation in them!

Those jeans are fucking sick. Ben, hopefully you preordered that whole outfit!

Those jeans are fucking sick. Ben, hopefully you preordered that whole outfit!

I'd rather murder myself than wear those jeans.

PICS!^

It's almost impossible to capture in pics, but the blue one is also green and purple, and the red one is yellow and purple too!

tsysPbb.jpg

4Q649Nf.jpg

xB5z4RC.jpg

yxj4QJc.jpg

I dig the hell out of them... they're not as soft I thought they'd be, but since I'm not sensitive to wool it's not a big deal. Also, they're thick/poofy as fuck, so I can't layer them under anything. Looks great over stuff though :)

thanks guys! I think it all fits perfect. Thankfully it's cold enough here to wear them too.

Flash, it's definitely a short sweater, but a bit exacerbated since the Rite Aid shirt is longer than I wear and I'm sagging those 1947's hard. Really want my 3005 back :(... will post up how all the repairs went asap!

here is one I pulled from the vault @accidence 

aFczWRi.jpg?2

Thanks alot!

IDK if it helps anyone i wear a 34 in a 3009 but had to size up to a 36 in the 3002 and the top block got extremely loose after 2 weeks but the legs were fairly snug. I cant do the 3002 cut.

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/10622-the-flat-head/?view=findpost&p=2978433

Thank you! The fit in your link looks pretty good! Do you have a fit of your 3009's as well? Would you say the 3002 is tighter in the legs but the top block stretches out more in comparison, while the 3009 stretches out more evenly and isn't as tight as the 3002?

Edited by accidence

What kind of fit are you looking for? And I wouldn't consider differences in stretch because of tightness to account for a different fit... Don't buy flat heads planning on them to stretch to your body! They'll loosen up for sure after a few days but you don't want to live in fear of washing your jeans.

Edited by itsbenhere

What Ben said, I ended up giving my 3009s to friend after I had to repair the crotch after less than a 2 months in. I sized down way to much should have grabbed a 30 which is what I would normaly wear in that cut but ended up with a 29, and although I could fit into it didn't really account for washes down the road.

@ben: I'm looking for a fit similar to your sexfhrjb15 on page 247. Do you have any more photos of that pair? Were they tight in the thighs? Most of my jeans are pretty tight in the thighs and I want something else for a change and am thus looking at TFH as their jeans aren't as tight fitting as something like say PBJ xx011/13. 

I think the fit that is appealing to me now is what Rightow had in the link above (and what you had, as mentioned above), not too tight but not too loose either. However, not sure if it is the same pair, but his picture above seems to be much roomier than the one in the link.

@ben: I'm looking for a fit similar to your sexfhrjb15 on page 247. Do you have any more photos of that pair? Were they tight in the thighs? Most of my jeans are pretty tight in the thighs and I want something else for a change and am thus looking at TFH as their jeans aren't as tight fitting as something like say PBJ xx011/13. 

I think the fit that is appealing to me now is what Rightow had in the link above (and what you had, as mentioned above), not too tight but not too loose either. However, not sure if it is the same pair, but his picture above seems to be much roomier than the one in the link.

I do have that pair still languishing in my closet, I can take some photos of them if you'd like. The denim is amazing.

I would definitely recommend NOT shooting for a fit like the one I had. Basically, those jeans were slim/tight raw, I hot soaked them for like 30 minutes (probably getting out about 30% of the shrinkage), shoved towels in the thighs, and pretended they worked. I wore them for a couple months and they were always uncomfortable, and after a wash or two I realized they were completely unwearable. $375 down the drain... experiences like that are why I think it's irresponsible to recommend people do anything OTHER than hot wash their jeans up front and wear them a couple days, then analyze the fit.

If someone had been as strongly opinionated as I am now when I was first buying denim, I would've saved a lot of money, time, and frustration, AND had a couple well-fitting and worn pairs right now.

I do have that pair still languishing in my closet, I can take some photos of them if you'd like. The denim is amazing.

I would definitely recommend NOT shooting for a fit like the one I had. Basically, those jeans were slim/tight raw, I hot soaked them for like 30 minutes (probably getting out about 30% of the shrinkage), shoved towels in the thighs, and pretended they worked. I wore them for a couple months and they were always uncomfortable, and after a wash or two I realized they were completely unwearable. $375 down the drain... experiences like that are why I think it's irresponsible to recommend people do anything OTHER than hot wash their jeans up front and wear them a couple days, then analyze the fit.

If someone had been as strongly opinionated as I am now when I was first buying denim, I would've saved a lot of money, time, and frustration, AND had a couple well-fitting and worn pairs right now.

I'd imagine so. The trend now (and I admittedly succumbed to it) is really slim/tight jeans that basically hug your leg. However, i'm trying to move away from that to one where it isn't as restrictive. It is hard to strike a balance between the slim/tight jeans and a cut that is basically straight. What is the ideal fit in your opinion? Maybe with some photos so that I can see it and see if it would work for me as well.

I agree with hotwashing upfront, I think a few even recommended throwing it in the washing machine for a hot wash on a low spin cycle as TFH denim are quite resilient. Some people wear their jeans for the first X months then have to give them up after washing them as they've become basically denim castrators (pardon the crude language but it is mostly true).