The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Nice to see people other than me interested in the brand!

Probably couldn't get a better shot of the weave on that shirt, and those jeans look great and it's awesome your fiance is going to keep those jeans kickin. They still have a lot of life in them.

Those look awesome! That's the kind of update I miss from this thread, haha.

Those are actually the SEXFH05, a collab model that predates the BSP.

They actually are BSP's I fooled a few people a couple years back with the yellow arcs. I decided I didn't like the blue arcs and sew my own yellow ones in instead. They're held up fairly well over the years surprisingly. Thanks for the kind words!! 

Anyone know anything about the 8005 - Sizing? Shrinkage? 

Why not just go for the 3005? Especially if you don't have a pair already, knowing Flat Head, I'd bet you that both the 3/8005 are going to look similar when faded. Also, you get the benefit of knowing how the sizes run and how much the denim shrinks... pioneer denim is amazing to boot.

Why not just go for the 3005? 

I prefer heavier denim, in the 18-21oz range, especially in colder months. Plus, this denim is not something they always offer, and I like to pick up jeans that are unique in some way. 

Especially if you don't have a pair already, knowing Flat Head, I'd bet you that both the 3/8005 are going to look similar when faded. 

Honestly, I could care less about how they look when faded when comparing one to the other. I'm not that into fades they way most folks are around here. They all look great in their own way. 

Also, you get the benefit of knowing how the sizes run and how much the denim shrinks...

So - how does the 3005 run? TTS, or small, or big? I've looked at a couple different size charts and they seem to run TTS, but size charts can be deceiving. 

Without knowing anything about how TFH jeans fit, or the 8005 18oz denim, I'd err on the side of sizing up 1 and getting a 34. I got my RJB 105BSP in a 33, and they turned out to be a good fit. But that is completely different denim that had a lot of shrink and stretch. 

The 3005 starts out at tag size and shrinks, but in my experience after a few days it stretches right back out to presoak waist. Obviously, you're going to want to make sure that it fits loose everywhere else presoak though, because you're not going to want to try and stretch the rest of the jean.

My 3005s are a size 33, since they have a crotch blowout and I'm waiting to send them somewhere to be repaired, I'd be happy to send them to you for you to check out the fit. I'm just washing them right now, so it's the smallest they'll ever be. They've had many many washes, but I don't think they've shrunk at all after the first hot wash.

That's a mighty generous offer, Ben. Lemme think about it - I'd be heart broken if something happened to your jeans during shipping. In the meantime, can you post measurements? Cheers! mpp

Oh, no worries at all! I ship stuff all the time, I'm sure it would be fine. I know that if someone offered me that proposition when I was looking into something, it would really help a lot, so I try to help when I can. Also, I'm always trying to convince people flat head is worth a cop!

After a hot wash, will stretch some (notably waist back to 33)

Waist: 31"

Front Rise: 10.75"

Back Rise: 15.25"

Thigh: 12.5"

Knee: 9.25"

Hem: 9"

The way I measure the thigh is right at the crotch seam, including the fabric to the left, parallel to the waist. Knee is 13" down from crotch.

Has anyone soon the new Ltd edition A-1 from Flat Head?

It has blue rib cuffs and hem with Deerskin Hide and a leopard print lining.

Youngthesoonest has a pic on Instagram and has told me there's only one size run, and only selfedge SF store has it for them. They have only 3 or so from 70.

Has anyone got any more details?

Thanks

Has anyone soon the new Ltd edition A-1 from Flat Head?

It has blue rib cuffs and hem with Deerskin Hide and a leopard print lining.

Youngthesoonest has a pic on Instagram and has told me there's only one size run, and only selfedge SF store has it for them. They have only 3 or so from 70.

Has anyone got any more details?

Thanks

Just sold 1 in-store yesterday, only 2 left.. i don't think we'll even be able to put these online.

The jacket is insane and of course the leather is butter soft.

Hey all

I picked up some 3009s a few weeks ago and I'm not too sure about the fit. If anyone would be interested let me know. Size 34 with the japanese arcs. I'll probably get them up in the marketplace / grailed sometime soon.

So no offers yet on my grailed listing... So now I'm debating if I should just try to make them work. The funny thing is - the waist and the thighs are perfect but the top block still feels constricting if I'm sitting down. I assume its either the rise and/or the hip measurement that I'm feeling.

Just wondering if I can expect much stretch in the pioneer denim in the top block / rise after 30ish wears or so? I've worn them twice now.

Thanks for the fit advice guys. I don't have a fit pic handy but they definitely don't LOOK too tight, especially when I'm standing up straight. I sized up +1 from tts. I just think the rise is about an 1" lower front and back from my eternals I've been wearing a while. I thought that would be fine but guess I've learned elsewise.

Anyone have the 3012 in a 34? Wondering if this cut would give me the rise I want but worried the taper is too extreme. Based on the Rivet hide specs the leg opening is 7.6" raw. But that is based on a 39.5" inseam length. I'm wondering what the leg opening would come out to at about 31" where the bottom of my cuff would be...and if the taper would end up looking closer to what is on the 3009s.

So no offers yet on my grailed listing... So now I'm debating if I should just try to make them work. The funny thing is - the waist and the thighs are perfect but the top block still feels constricting if I'm sitting down. I assume its either the rise and/or the hip measurement that I'm feeling.Just wondering if I can expect much stretch in the pioneer denim in the top block / rise after 30ish wears or so? I've worn them twice now.

Don't bother hoping for stretch down the line. The cut is prolly not for u__ u need more trunk space= longer back rise.

Anyone have the 3012 in a 34? Wondering if this cut would give me the rise I want but worried the taper is too extreme. Based on the Rivet hide specs the leg opening is 7.6" raw. But that is based on a 39.5" inseam length. I'm wondering what the leg opening would come out to at about 31" where the bottom of my cuff would be...and if the taper would end up looking closer to what is on the 3009s.

The 3012 is noticeably more tapered than the 3009 (I own TTS 3012s, and have tried on a pair of +1 3009s), though the taper is not as extreme as it looks on the measurements or when you first try on the jeans. You will not end up with a modest but detectable taper like a nice pair of chinos, which seems more what the 3009 aims for. You'll end up with a more modern-looking taper like what I've seen from Samurai 710s, though with a bit more room from the hip down through the knee.

Just a forewarning: after the first wash/soak, they will look like a total carrot. But after a second or third wash the top block tightens up a bit more and they settle down nicely. It's still a more roomy top block than any other cut with a modern taper, but it's a roominess that you feel more than see. They're the only jeans I have that look relatively slim, yet I feel like I could go for a nice jog in.

I currently have a size 33 3012. The leg opening will definitely open up if you hem to it a 31. Washed, tumbled dried, and hemmed my current inseam for me is 28 inches with a 7.5 inch leg opening.

The 3012 is noticeably more tapered than the 3009 (I own TTS 3012s, and have tried on a pair of +1 3009s), though the taper is not as extreme as it looks on the measurements or when you first try on the jeans. You will not end up with a modest but detectable taper like a nice pair of chinos, which seems more what the 3009 aims for. You'll end up with a more modern-looking taper like what I've seen from Samurai 710s, though with a bit more room from the hip down through the knee.

Just a forewarning: after the first wash/soak, they will look like a total carrot. But after a second or third wash the top block tightens up a bit more and they settle down nicely. It's still a more roomy top block than any other cut with a modern taper, but it's a roominess that you feel more than see. They're the only jeans I have that look relatively slim, yet I feel like I could go for a nice jog in.

Thanks for the feedback gentleman. Now to see if I can track down a sz 34 with the japanese arcs and the older style cotton stitching