The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Thanks guys. Just remembered this comment, kinda scary how on point it is!

Thanks for the nice words everybody. Be warned Ben, once you experience Flat Head's shirts, everything else feels pretty lame in comparison. You might just become addicted. :D

Sames, here's the fit on that one. I'm still so stoked that there's a western from Flat Head that I can actually wear!

Thhfhyjh.jpg

Tknjz00h.jpg

I was actually going to get the black and red version but at the last minute switched to this color, I think it worked out great!

Rolled the dice and pre-ordered the 3012 from 2nd. Went with a 36 after reading the feedback from others and checking post-wash measurements. I take a 34 in Samurai S510's, so hopefully the 3012's won't be too big. It seems like the 14.5oz denim shrinks quite a bit. Never really messed with a tapered cut before, as I have large-ish thighs. This will be my first TFH anything. Looking forward to their arrival!

Also... Ben, really dig the pattern on that shirt.

good night ^^

Had my pair signed by Kobayashi on the back patch with a silver shiny marker...it lasted all of 1 day 

The black permanent marker on the pocket bag held up through the soak and through a week of wear so far! Hopefully yours will stay 

What happened to your 3005A jeans?

I actually sold them because I was planning on buying the Studio d'Artisan hank dyed natural indigo jeans, and even thought he 3005-A are only partly natural indigo, didn't want any crossover. I haven't even bought the SDA yet though, because I hate the idea of having jeans that just sit there unworn. It's much more fun to get a pair of jeans and wear them to death, and get another and wear it to death... hate having things stocked up. I really want to wear these jeans for a few more years and make them really legendary.

time for a repro fit?

^

would you elaborate the term "repro-fit"?

i kinda think the 3005 sports already sophisticated classic, traditional features.

repro of a 40s 501, or a 60s? gazillion ways to go

Classic features, but I'd say that a 3005 is only a "repro" fit when considered relative to most common jeans out there. It's true that it's a pretty full cut (like some repro fits) but the front and back rise is pretty short for the rest of the jean. I love it, but you definitely lose the anti-fit look (and comfort?) of pure repro jeans. 

Some shots of the RJBxFHxCOR jeans. They have been warm soaked twice to get some shrink out, they will only ever be warm/cold hand washed. Gonna try to maintain some crispy combs on these guys...The denim is FUCKING WICKED on these things. It is still super rough...but is slowly breaking in nicely. I swear if wore these things hiking or biking my legs would be shredded like cheese...

Anyways, heres the pics. Ended up trading one of the dudes at Corlection for this black FH belt for my white one...its not as flashy but it fits me (i am way to fat right now)

23279542071_e06ddf0c08_k.jpgJeans_-12 by matt karai, on Flickr

23066332360_b2d3df0cb1_k.jpgJeans_-10 by matt karai, on Flickr

22733760864_75508d58d9_k.jpgJeans_-7 by matt karai, on Flickr

23336024576_934ec778c4_k.jpgJeans_-11 by matt karai, on Flickr

22994242289_363f9e04dc_k.jpgJeans_-9 by matt karai, on Flickr

22994242289_363f9e04dc_k.jpgJeans_-9 by matt karai, on Flickr

23253843722_a8d5872d8a_k.jpgJeans_-6 by matt karai, on Flickr

23362227555_cbfae25780_k.jpgJeans_-4 by matt karai, on Flickr

I missed my focus horribly on the front on shot...and its raining now so i can't redo it :( 

I bought this Flat Head shirt from 2nd Shop directly through Rakuten.  I paid $218 through PayPal.  I used google translate with the communication.  This Flat Head HN-52W Workshirt is a size 46.  I've never owned any Flat Head shirts before this one.  The fit is great.  I wish the shoulder measurement was slightly narrower but besides that the fit is good.  I normally wear a size XXL or XXXL in Iron Heart Shirts depending on the fit.  I like my shirts to fit a little on the longer side.  I'm 6"3" and weigh about 200 lbs.  The fabric on this shirt is incredible.  A great texture on the outside and super soft brushed flannel on the inside.  If your an XXL in Iron Heart shirts and want to try another brand I would reccomend giving one of these Flat Head flannel shirts a try.  I will probably try one of the western versions of this shirt in the future.

Flat%20Head%20Shirt%201_zpsgqcvgerb.jpg

Flat%20Head%20Shirt%202_zpsvkwipxn2.jpg

So after 6.5 years of ownership I finally got around to posting more pictures of my SE05BSP's (indoor pics so the lighting is not the greatest). I wore these hard for 2 years straight and eventually got tired of the skinny jeans feeling so I put them in a closet and wore them a couple times a year. I still had sentimental attachment to them so when I moved in with my fiance I would still hang them up in the closet as if I would wear them often but never did. My fiance volunteered to wear them since they fit her pretty well and she wants to continue with the memories in them (which I love). They still have plenty of life left in them but wont get worn super hard as she wears them only once a week. This was my first pair of Japanese raws and definitely not my last. I hope you all enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed wearing these! 

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

They will definitely be washed more frequently, when I bought them I was all about the high contrast fades but have since grown to like the more subtle worn in look (a lot can change in 6 years I guess lol). I'll be sure to post more pictures in the future.