The Flat Head

LFC4ever

anyone know the Flat Head MK Series? Why are they so expensive ($500). They are not even kevlar-infused or natural indigo dyed yet they cost more than one?

http://tfh.flat-head.com/modules/blog/details.php?bid=267

The MK lined is named after the president and founder of Flat Head, Masayoshi Kobayashi.  It's their "ultra-premium" line, much of the jewelry has diamonds and the price points of everything is far higher.  Why the jeans cost $500 though, i do not know.

My F380 from the Aero sale have arrived  :)

Daughter approved:

AXRqEvTl.jpg

j73scUDl.jpg

IWOBG3jl.jpg

They're getting their shrink wash right now. I already liked them a lot when I tried them on and I think / hope they'll turn out great once shrunk. Didn't have a cut like these (more '66 I think?) yet either.

They're great jeans Cucoo, I used to have the F350. Those back pockets are a little small and your wallet may sit awkwardly due to the assymetrical shape but they're minor gripes. Enjoy them!

They're great jeans Cucoo, I used to have the F350. Those back pockets are a little small and your wallet may sit awkwardly due to the asymmetrical shape but they're minor gripes. Enjoy them!

You're exactly right, the pockets could be a couple cm deeper, my wallet will poke out a bit. I'll get used to that I think. The asymmetrical form looks cool, so whatever.

O6xYybYm.jpg

But other than that, I love them. This is exactly the kind of slim straight fit (slim, but not tight, through thighs and legs but big enough leg opening for proper boots) I would have bought the Samurai S5000 for if that Aero sale hadn't come along - also Denimio being closed for golden week or something like that helped sell these to me ;) (Guess I can now get a S0500 some time!)

There's a tiny bit of flare right below my butt, but I think that won't be noticeable once the denim settles. The length works out so that I can do a 5cm double rolled cuff and land at my perfect inseam. Fit pics (taken before I even sat down in them so they sit and crinkle weirdly)

NeytO4Ul.jpg zzAIhQsl.jpg

Yeah, it's really not worth wearing jeans that are too tight. Looks bad for one thing but more importantly you want something that you're comfortable wearing day in, day out for at least a year. I had to abandon my 3001 (same cut as F310) because the denim continued to shrink even after several hot soaks and washes. Get some 3009 instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I need some advice please. I just pre-order the FH 8002 18oz. I used to have a pair of 3002 that shrank too much even cold washing which I sold. This time I sized up like I should have before and I just want to know if anyone has experience with that 18oz denim (unless it's new) and how much shrinking I should expect from the inseam. Staff at 2nd are telling me huge numbers so just looking for a second advice before hemming.

Thank you in advance! Cheers,

JP

Edited by Suitbydayrawdenimbynight

I asked Flat Head about shrinkage on the 8002 and they said they hadn't done a proper shrink test on them yet.  We'll have this style at all Self Edge stores when it releases in October or so and we'll be doing our own test on them then.

• 2 weeks later...

We are particular about our totes

I gave my wabash shirt another wash last night. It's such an incredible shirt and the denim is starting to show a little of how awsome it's gonna turn out. If you don't have one I seriously recommend getting one, definitely my favourite shirt.

18667183652_961e866977_c.jpg

18645586186_c0efd13fe1_c.jpg

18674214581_cc47de3805_c.jpg