The Flat Head

LFC4ever

They're amazing, prob my favorite shirt, the Flat Head version is truly special. The one in the picture above is from 3 or 4 years ago, so not the "diamonds and dots" version, but i've been thinking about getting that one as well.

Edited by DFreshLeish

Here are some nice 2111 fades from SelvedgeForum user ice_phuriphat, the Thai translation's not real great but it looks like he's worn these about a year and washed them five times.  These look a lot less contrasty than the usual Thai fades and give us a good idea what the 20 oz. denim's going to look like with more frequent washing.

20150308_121613_zpsiupeenll.jpg

20150308_121709_zpscz3do04z.jpg

20150308_121727_zpsec4c2p10.jpg

20150308_121735_zpsjk8nalyb.jpg

20150308_121822_zpsduujyjuf.jpg

Here are some nice 2111 fades from SelvedgeForum user ice_phuriphat, the Thai translation's not real great but it looks like he's worn these about a year and washed them five times.  These look a lot less contrasty than the usual Thai fades and give us a good idea what the 20 oz. denim's going to look like with more frequent washing.

Hi Cold Summer , I'm SelvedgeForum member.

He told his FH 2111 "2 washes , 5 soaks"   :D

Finally getting around to putting some wear on my 2111s and I must say that the indigo just falls right off of these. I'm excited.

I've got 10 wears on my 3009s for the DWC and these things shed indigo like crazy, the combs are already starting to have that bright blue sheen to them. I think its a flat head feature, i've also never had a pair turn towel completely blue from drips post soak

Do a lot of you guys not keep your phone in your front pocket? I keep seeing a combination of amazing whiskers and no phone fade in the front pocket. It would seem like not keeping your phone in the front pocket would lead to better whiskers, but I have never tried it. Is this common?

Do a lot of you guys not keep your phone in your front pocket? I keep seeing a combination of amazing whiskers and no phone fade in the front pocket. It would seem like not keeping your phone in the front pocket would lead to better whiskers, but I have never tried it. Is this common?

I've seen this discussed a lot and opinions are split. Some people are dead set not to keep their phone in the front pocket because they feel the resulting fade is ugly or in some way false/engineered like how people put unusual things in the back pocket to create a 'novelty' fade. Personally I don't mind it I always keep my phone in my left front pocket so it's natural to me and part of my fades/whiskers. Can't say it results in better or worse whiskers though, just different.

It's unintentional but I tend to keep it in my jacket pocket or back pockets.

Yeah, personally I can't stand the front pocket phone fade - I don't think it looks "inauthentic", just kind of ugly.  If I'm not wearing a shirt or jacket where I can put it in the pocket, and I don't have my bag with me, I'll put it in my right back pocket, but take it out when I sit down.  Doesn't leave any marks, that way.

Agreed Kyle, I think it looks ugly. Its not going to speed up whiskers, just create a large block of fading right in the front if your jeans.

Since I'm right handed, my wallet goes in my right back pocket. Phone goes in the left. I keep it in when I'm sitting and nothing bad has happened... It fades, but looks fine to me

Additionally, when you wash your jeans regularly, the fading created by wallets phones etc won't be so pronounced

Picked up a Flat Head Paisley shirt from Self Edge.

Any idea if I can get maybe a little shrinkage out of it? And what would be the best way to wash it, since its actually indigo? Just a soak in the tub?

cDPkWRG.jpg

Edited by duscar

The fit on your shirt already looks pretty good to my mind. There might be a small amount of shrinkage you could get but I wouldn't count on a lot. For washing, you don't need to be any more careful than to turn it inside out and put it through a delicates cycle with a low spin (-600rpm) in your machine. I use laundry bags and a natural detergent too. For what it's worth, I reckon the shirt will improve with semi-regular washing as you will see some colour drop and the fabric will take on a more textured appearance.