The Flat Head

LFC4ever

I have the Flathead Ivory Glory Park workshirt and I was wondering if it would shrink a little if I get it a hot wash and hang dry. Does anyone have experience? And are there any cons to it? It's just a little bit too wide/long but I have a feeling the size 40 will be too small. 

Just got my 3001's in a size 32" the other day. The fit is slimmer than I anticipated (even on my chicken legs) but I love the overall look and feel of the denim. I'm worried though that with a hot wash these might become painful and/or unwearable. Right now the waist is "perfect" - almost snug and exactly how I'd want them to fit after 3 months of wear. I'm worried however that the waist (and perhaps the thighs) might shrink too much after a hot wash.

What do you all think about the fit? Should I keep them or sell them and buy a 33"?

FHfront.jpg

FHside.jpg

FHback.jpg

I would definitely exchange those for a size up before you soak them.  Just exchange them as opposed to selling/rebuying.

I just received this flathead denim and chambray workshirt 7010wr from selfedge the other day, and I am a little unsure of the fit, so I thought I'd ask for a second opinion. I went with a size 42 because in comparing size charts with the only other flathead shirt I own, the 7014wr wabash size 40 (19.6in shoulder) the shoulders and chest measurements were closer. Anyways here are some quick fit pics of the two shirts. On the selfedge site it says the shirt has been rinsed but does any one have experience with their flathead workshirts continuing to shrink after being rinsed/one washed? Or should I have gone true to size and hoped it would stretch? What do you guys think?

15401627163_7100314e2c_c.jpg

Here's my size 40 wabash for comparison.

15995476976_f9d22259af_c.jpg

Thanks!

That looks to be your size.  From the photos it seems the fit is pretty close to your wabash shirt.  It's been rinsed but will shrink a hair when washed.

I think the shirt will turn out fine... the shoulder seams could maybe be half an inch smaller, but the length is perfect—it's supposed to be a work shirt, so that you can move freely in it.  The sleeves will concertina up a bit with wear so that the cuffs sit a bit more on the wrist.  I reckon between a hot soak and a bit of wear the fit will be good.

To further rant about fit... people severely overestimate how much length changes as a result of creases.  It's negligible.. it's as silly as when guys get a custom made leather jacket that goes half-way down their palms because they're convinced that the creases will bring up the sleeves about 3 inches.  

Surely by now we've all worn enough denim to know that the shirt will shrink, even if only infinitesimally.. those cuffs only have to come up by half an inch and it'll look the same as the wabash.  You've done your research, measured a garment you own and gone with the closest fit.  Store owner says "it looks to be your size".. relax and enjoy your shirt!  It looks fine, will look better once it settles in.

Thanks for all the input everyone. I think I am going to exchange it for a 40 after all. I only hand-wash the wabash and plan to do the same with this one. I'd rather do that than try and machine wash something that probably wont end up shrinking much anyways. 

New to the brand, and to the thread.

Was fortunate to be in the area while SELA had its FH exhibition. Great range of products, and to be able to actually touch and try on first hand...well, that was quite the experience. Definitely had me hooked to the brand. Always wanted to get into FH, but being me i just had to actually handle the items firsthand before dropping cash on purchases. Never got the chance until now thanks to SELA. Can't believe the thickness of the tees. Think i'll be placing an order on those 3001s pretty soon...

Gonna grab a pair of the 20 oz. 2111 . Anyone here with 20 oz experience want to share a bit of advice on sizing? How much shrinkage should I expect?

I shrink tested a pair of these.  They shrink about 1" in the waist and about 2.25" in the length with a hot soak.  So about 35% less than FH's 14.5oz denim.

I'm amazed they remade the 2111, since FH said before that they wouldn't make 20 oz. jeans again.  Everyone loves the FH 20 oz. denim but they're incredibly hard to make because the vintage sewing machines used to sew them have troubling handling the heavyweight denim.  Really, that just makes them even more special, I'm half-tempted to pick up a pair myself because those measurements look good. 

Has anyone actually tried on both the HN-52W and HN-52WR, and has firsthand experiences between the differences of say a 44 WR and a 46W?

The difference is extremely negligible . From memory I'd say the chest measurements of the 44WR sits between the 44w- and 46w.