The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Kiya,

Will there be any wabash longsleeves available at the pop up shop?

Yes, they'll be there.

I'm curious about the weight of the spring weight flannels? Would they be good for fall/winter use as well?

I personally think they're heavy enough for winter use, but i spend most of the year in the Bay Area.  Today i wore a short sleeve version of the FH block check flannels and a varsity and was more than warm enough all day and night.

Hi everyone. Looking for some advice on buying a pair of 3001's from Rakuten. The actual waists on most of my jeans seem to be around a 33". I'm currently wearing a 31" IH-666S, a 30" UB-321, a 31" Nudie Grim Tim, a 30" APC NC, etc. These numbers don't seem to add up, but anyhow...

What do you recommend I go with on the 3001's?

Somewhat of a random question but how does TFH create their signature vertical fades? I was thinking that the warp thread are thicker than the weft threads so they fade more prominently.

Flat Head Pop-Up Shop [& Party] at Self Edge Los Angeles

Two years ago we had a great pop-up event at SENY where we brought all of Iron Heart's line-up to SENY.  We've been working with Flat Head this year to do the same thing, this time at Self Edge Los Angeles.  On Saturday, December 6th, we will be turning one floor of SELA into a Flat Head Pop-Up shop with the largest selection of Flat Head shirts ever sold at any shop outside of Japan.  

We're having a party on Saturday, December 6th, from 5pm till 9pm with the president and head designers of Flat Head in attendence all the way from Nagano, Japan.  

The pop-up shop items will be up at SELA for approximately three weeks.  Many items from the pop-up shop will be available in our online store starting Sunday, December 7th. 

Come wearing your full Flat Head outfit, ask Kobayashi-San some geeky denim questions, and have a beer with us on December 6th!

2014_se_shop_ads_fh_blog.jpg

Who's going on Saturday to the FH pop-up?

I will be there.  Andrew3sixteen will also be there. 

Just an early warning.. much of the product did not make it in time for the party, some did, some giveaways did, but a lot of it will be at the store every few days for the next month.  The idea for the pop-up from the beginning was that it was going to run for a month, so it's not a huge deal, but we wanted to have more there for the party, which unfortunately didn't happen.  Most of the shirts that'll only be at SELA this year are already there though, so you'll definitely see some cool stuff if you come out!

Damn, bummer!  Honestly though I'm probably more pumped to meet people I've talked to on this site for years!

Also, still trying to decide whether I should get Kobayashi-san to sign the patch of my jeans or the pocket-bag.  Decisions decisions...

Damn, bummer! Honestly though I'm probably more pumped to meet people I've talked to on this site for years!

Also, still trying to decide whether I should get Kobayashi-san to sign the patch of my jeans or the pocket-bag. Decisions decisions...

I'd have the pocket bag signed for sure!

I need some sizing advice on a Flat Head shirt 7001. Having a hard time finding sizing charts. 

I'm generally a US size L in most shirts. Levi's Slim Fit is an XL (but those shorts are really strangely sized). I'm an XL in IH shirts, and they're a bit tight across the chest. 

I'm thinking 44. Maybe? Cheers! mpp

I need some sizing advice on a Flat Head shirt 7001. Having a hard time finding sizing charts. 

I'm generally a US size L in most shirts. Levi's Slim Fit is an XL (but those shorts are really strangely sized). I'm an XL in IH shirts, and they're a bit tight across the chest. 

I'm thinking 44. Maybe? Cheers! mpp

The best thing to do is measure a couple of shirts that fit you well in the chest pit to pit and compare with the 7001 size chart

here ya go smiley.gif

Hilights were for sure meeting kobayashi and talking with kiya in real life finally, such a chill helpful guy. When I was walking up I saw kobayashi standing outside and I just thought "holy shit....it's him!!" I wish I learned a Japanese phrase to tell him how obsessed I am with his brand; hopefully he got the gist though when I asked him to sign both my 3005 and 3009!

XeCqsqi.jpg

gsMAuil.jpg

One of flat heads staff also took a picture of kobayashi and I with a nice camera (Leica maybe?), hopefully that picture shows up, but I'm not holding my breath. 

I got a pair of socks, which are hopefully in my car since I don't know where they are now!  Also got an awesome rjb shot glass with that, and a banner signed by Kobayashi-San yet again, AND a little key fob and bandana. Overall, great time. Just wish more dudes from superfuture showed up, I didn't get to meet anybody!

Sw1k5Yu.jpg

Wish you were stilll part of the fh crew so I could've met you too kyle!

Also, if anyone is still interested in pics of the goodies let me know and i'll get 'em up when I have the chance!