The Flat Head

LFC4ever

^Oh damn! Those are sweet. Nice work!

I was thinking of getting a pair of the those. I think you've pushed me over the edge.

are those sz 34? Do you by chance have the raw and post wash measurements if you dont mind me asking.

Thanks

Edited by chewie

Just got that old t shirt/polo with the native print on the top chest... kinda can't believe I found it after 2 years.  If anyones interested, get the same size as their tees, this thing is perfect for hot-ass weather!

Edited by itsbenhere

sorry for the blurry pic, nobody here to take them except my cat  ^_^

Rivets and buttons are the same as on the 3001, the selvedge on the coin pocket peeks out a bit.

I really like them, the 12 oz. denim breathes very well, makes them great for warmer weather.

Oh and the arcs are stitched with blue thread

2VZr6fwl.jpg?1

leather patch

d23cGcAl.jpg

whats the cut?

fuller in the top block than the 3001, but with a slight taper

here some measurements:

size 32

waist 32"

upper thigh 11.9"

knee 8.1"

hem width 7.5"

inseam hemmed to 32"

@Broark

The cut and denim are great, only issue is the slightly too small front pocket opening. Sliced the stitching a bit while wrestling out my keys  :wacko:

Edited by Kurintor

Hi The Flat Head owners, I've been wanting to post this question here for ages.

I've noticed that the finishing on the inside of the front pocket bag is rather "messy", just wondering if this is a common occurrence across all their jeans?

3011LTD

ZL0k409.jpg?1

Just thought that it looks a bit odd since they are "particular" about their clothes but in this case it looks a bit lazy.

For comparison I've checked this part on all my other jeans and they all have a nice and clean finish.

Warehouse 700xx

XEonRDR.jpg?1

Weird!  The same part on my 1001s look fine. 

c3WM3T7.jpg

I've had these almost a year and I've worn them about 9 months of real wear time, they've held up great.  A tiny bit of thread on the front fly stitching, the back yoke, and the inseam have snapped, but haven't further unraveled at all.  The crotch shows zero sign of damage or blowout.  I've been really impressed by how well they've held together - though I'm sure it helps that I wash them semi-regularly.

Appreciate the quick response with a pic!

Maybe my pair was made by a different worker who's not so particular about the construction... :wink:

Don't get me wrong, I still like my flat head jeans, the raised belt loops and back pocket rims are all good details, just thought that messy finish was a bit odd...

Would be really interested to see what other owners' pairs look like?

Is 3011LTD a 20oz model?  It's hard to figure out what's going on there from the picture, but it almost looks like the denim is contributing to whatever the issue is.  Weird.

Just got word from Kobayashi san, the worker that made my 3011LTD no longer works there, got fired.

The fact that I'm 100% uncertain whether you've just made a clever joke, or related something that is completely factual, is exactly the reason that TFH is an incredible company.

The range of products that TFH makes does make them a pretty incredible company.

I was just not sure if that's how they intended to stitch their pocket bags together on their jeans, turns out it's really more like a harmless defect I guess.

All jokes aside, I am pretty sure it's not caused by the weight of the denim but rather just a sloppy job.

Both pockets have that messy finish.

3011LTD

EYyTaja.jpg?1

I7xfayB.jpg?1

I checked my 20oz 2111 and it's even more obvious, seems like they simply didn't bother to trim off the excess fabric.

qw4s2oq.jpg?1

EX7w1ym.jpg?1

PoVmTUt.jpg?1

My Eternal 883 is showing a bit of that sloppy finish as well, but that's not surprising because Eternal is not really particular about their clothes.

WIz99wE.jpg?1

Yeah...with those photos it's a lot easier to see it's not the denim at all...wasn't sure exactly what I was looking at in the first photo.

This is something I admittedly haven't spent a ton of time looking at, even on my own jeans.  I'll be geeking out on this soon.

wtf? anal about it? jeez man come on theyre fuckin made by small production

houses literally family owned. its normAl everything is imperfect. and thats how we want it

and thats what makes it special and human

On one hand I agree with you. However, on the the other, if I paid $300+ for a pair of jeans I want it to be top notch. It's the fine details that attracts us denim nerds to geek out on a pair of raw. Even if the details are hidden. Why else would we obsess about hidden rivets and raised belt loops.

these are top notch correct but again theyre hand made ny humans which is error prone. like alden theyre fucking quality is fucked up. and theyre expensive right? anyways these are not made by robots which would justify perfection .

these are top notch correct but again theyre hand made ny humans which is error prone. like alden theyre fucking quality is fucked up. and theyre expensive right? anyways these are not made by robots which would justify perfection .

Just for the sake of argument.. what jeans (or shoes) are made by robots? 

I'd pay extra just to see a robot make a pair of jeans or some shoes.

Ive seen imperfections on quite a few of my jeans and I dont really care.  My Warehouse 415's are finished sloppy as shit, but the denim is great and the construction is sound.  My ROY RS04's have a fucked up shell stitching on the fly that Im pretty sure should have been a reject.  Whatever, not a big deal.  In the end, I just dont have time to worry about these small imperfections, its what helps make them unique.  

BTW, this is just my perspective.  Not saying you are out of line for being concerned or anything.  

Edited by garden gnomes in space