The Flat Head

LFC4ever

I thought the f380 and the 3009 were the same cut?  I feel like the both rises on my pair would not really be called low (especially the back rise) and the thighs are definitely roomier than a lot of jeans I've had...

F380 appears to be a more generous cut with a deeper rise.

They are effectively the same cut.  The most significant difference is that 3009 measure true to size pre-soak, so when you are looking at size charts, you need to compare a size down in the F380.  I wouldn't rely on f380 to be any roomier or have more rise on it than the 3009. I'd definitely decide between the two models as if they were total analogs, and make my decision based on which details I preferred.

I'm a bit late posting this as I received the shirt over a week ago, but thanks again Aaron (aka tvshooter) for letting me know he was selling some FH shirts in my size. I picked up this shirt at a great price, he shipped it to me immediately, and I had it before I knew it:

IMG_1141_zps3b86bc36.jpg

IMG_1144_zps5587ed37.jpg

And a fit pic:

IMG_1160_zps2d980202.jpg

Santa also did some shopping at TFH and I found these under my tree on Christmas morning:

IMG_1156_zps2f6c63a4.jpg

IMG_1155_zps5bb4d5f5.jpg

And the fit pics:

IMG_1162_zps9129db3f.jpg

IMG_1165_zpsaf0c753f.jpg

Everything is size 42. The buffalo check flannel might be my new favorite article of clothing ever, it is ridiculously soft and warm. I've been told that Santa shopped at Rivet & Hide and was absolutely blown away by their outstanding customer service, so cheers to them and happy holidays!

Agree with aho that your fit is perfect mat_wue.  Sure you could fit in one smaller waist size, but your hips would be bulging...you've got a perfectly trim fit in the top block sized as is.  

I've gotten my first peak at 3012s in limited sizes, and I'm very excited about this cut...I think it has potential to be INSANELY versatile.

What's this new cut you speak of?

What's this new cut you speak of?

3012 is high rise, medium/full thigh, strong taper.  We haven't got a full size run yet....about a month out, but I'm definitely excited about it.

@thewickett. do you mean size up?? i can't because my wife bought it when she went to thailand.. hehehe..

@rosarkar yap.. a bit tight but i like the fit. thanks for ur opinion. hehehe..

@geeman u should try it.then buy it. hahaha...  :P

@coldsummer thanks man.. i will!!!!!!!! hahaha..

@tonoak. great.. really love the blue.. :)

I ripped a hole in my 3009's. Barely wore them a few days. I cannot wait to get them back and start putting some character on them. 

These pictures are getting me anxious as hell. Haha!

I ripped a hole in my 3009's. Barely wore them a few days. I cannot wait to get them back and start putting some character on them. 

These pictures are getting me anxious as hell. Haha!

Sucks man... was just looking at mine and I can't believe how quickly they show wear (in a good way.)  I probably stopped paying attention to them about 2 weeks ago and looking down I'm definitely seeing that classic flat head color.

Geeman, the PROXFH05 fits like the 3002, but is made with the 16 oz. denim, and has a longer inseam, in addition to other unique details like the leather patch and back pocket stitch colors (yellow/orange.)

Cheers unsanforized I assume?

Can anyone advise me on what size would be best for me in the 3002? My size 31 SL-100x fit well and the waist measures 34 (aligned). Should I go with size 34 in the 3002?

A 34 should work for you, they'll shrink down to around a 33 then stretch back to a 34 pretty easily within a day. I have a pair of 34s for sale in the marketplace if you're interested. And even if you're not, you can check out what the post soak measurements will be after a little bit of stretching in the waist.

Edited by B-Sandy

I tried on one of Flat Head's leather jackets, the WRJ-51.  This is a double rider's jacket, which features some really cool details.  It's got side laces that you can tie for a slimmer fit, I found that this didn't need much adjusting to look good. 

I always thought that a double rider's jacket wouldn't look very good on me, but this actually fits and looks really good!  Now all I'm missing is a loud motorcycle.

85k9ZqW.jpg

V10jUwm.jpg

I also tried on the 7002W and 7001 denim shirts.  The 7002W is made with an unsanforized 12 oz. fabric that's been washed, it has a really great hairy and uneven texture.  The fit is one of my favorites, it's got a really nice slim fit that's very form-flattering.

7j8QNmm.jpg

Ihefc2x.jpg

The 7001 is made with a raw sanforized fabric, it feels (and ages) more like the denim on vintage shirts from the 50s.  It has that really nice sheen you get from sanforized but unwashed fabrics.  The fit's good too, and I like the single-button snaps and back yoke a lot.

13NSnj1.jpg

nQR73w4.jpg

And here's a pic showing the difference in the denim, up close (7002W on the left, 7001 on the right.)

iiAwqcB.jpg

Edited by Kyle@TFH