The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Hi all,

I'm interesting in the flat head straight model but I'm skinny (180 cm and 62 kg) so which model is my choice ?

Thank you   :D

The 3002 would suit your build for sure but has a taper. The f310 is a slim straight fit and the 1001 16 oz denim is a flattering straight fit.

there are dozens of better looking pairs in this thread [before mine] so you may be underwhelmed with the wear on my pair. 9 months, many washes/soaks. stitching coming undone almost everywhere. so soft and comfortable at this point. gonna keep wearing these 6-7 days a week until i grab some RJBs in may. 

front

TLVGgAZh.jpg

back

OKq8Qmth.jpg

non-traditional fit pic from two weekends ago. didn't realize i was so heavy. should cut back on the drinks.   :blush:

rG6DnHn.jpg

Edited by rosarkar

Took some evo pictures of my 100s today.  These have 2.5 months of real wear time, first wash (after the initial soak) at 2 months.  Can't believe how fast these are fading; then again, between moving several offices and riding my bicycle for about half an hour almost every day, that could explain it. 

Colors and contrast are true to life, though a few of the later pics are a little washed out.  A little snow was falling when I took these, that's why there are some streaks and white spots. 

Hw7CkBc.jpg

Ut0DPxA.jpg

MJe8Ddz.jpg

M7MOg8q.jpg

M1BWgoq.jpg

XBQjG7E.jpg

alOm3A5.jpg

JdRkHd0.jpg

I like these jeans a lot.  I'm really impressed with them so far and I'm looking forward to watching how they continue to age.  I'll give them their second wash at four months' real wear time.

TFH 3009 are mine! I'll post up some pictures later. After making a mistake on a recent purchase, I had to try the 3009 on again. One thing led to another... 

Looking forward to these. The cut is dope! 

I kind of feel bad now, since I was posting in the FC thread earlier, saying how I wanted a pair... Haha. :blush:   

Edited by Zekdafied

As promised. I luke warm soaked them for 30 minutes. The fit is friggin' amazing. It looks a little tight in the pics, but it's got a decent amount of room in the top block. The rise is good. Thighs shrunk a little bit and are very snug but still have some slack to grab onto. They are stiff but feel like second skin. 

I'm a size 33 waist with a little extra. These are a tag size 34. I tried both the 33 and 34. These were definitely the way to go.

In case you cannot tell, I'm incredibly happy with these already. I'm going to wear them every day. 

TFH3009Front.jpg

TFHBackside.jpg

TFH3009Side.jpg

Post soak: (Wore them for 15 minutes before taking these measurements)

Upper Thigh: 12.2''

Leg Opening: 8''

Waist: 33.3''

Inseam: 33.7'' 

Waist didn't shrink as much as I thought it would. Granted I did a warm soak. What surprised me the most was how much the inseam went up. 

Cheers!

Z

So I tried on a few different items yesterday. Thought I'd snap a few pictures for you guys too, hope this is helpful.

First I tried on some F380s. These are a really nice straight cut, slimmer than the 3005. I usually wear a 32 but went down to a 31 for these pics, I think the size 32 would shrink to fit roughly like this. Shirt's the HN-64W, normally I wear western shirts but I found this shirt to be a nice fit, and very, very comfortable as well. I want a blanket made out of this stuff.

St1Gujbh.jpg

ALp13CZh.jpg

These go really well with my boots, and have a very long inseam, along with a longer rise than many FH models (which I tried to show in this picture.)

W9uuhqX.jpg

I also tried on the red version of the shirt.

FbOyhCW.jpg

And this scarf. I have the old Merino wool scarf from a few years ago and wear it all the time, but this one feels and looks even better. It's bigger than the old design, and has a great color and pattern. Think I might buy this one for myself, soon.

AV38yeP.jpg

Edited by Kyle@TFH

Hey guys, thought I'd give an update on my Stockburg wallet and kangaroo leather braided rope.  I've been using these daily for the past nine months.  Both have only been treated once (with a light application of leather conditioner.)  I'm really happy with how these have changed over time. 

RlREZ2v.jpg

9IvrE3h.jpg

I've never treated the silver concho with anything.  I like how cloudy and tarnished it looks.

i99hjEm.jpg

And the inside. 

r7iWBgt.jpg

In the last pic, you can see how the card case works.  The flap folds open, creating a large, broad surface that makes it easy to handle coins. It's easier to use than stuffing your hand into the coin case trying to get the coins out.

Q1XMxzn.jpg

Roping looks great cmboland, I think your jeans are just about at the point where they'll really start coming to life.

sirxlaughs: My wallet has the best stitching of anything I own.  I've seen them perform this stitching in person, it's really impressive.  They use waxed cow tendon thread, sewn with two interlocking stitching of thread going opposite sides through the same hole.  It's hard to describe but I honestly can't imagine the stitching ever breaking down.  The fact that it looks better with age is also a nice bonus.

Agree with aho that your fit is perfect mat_wue.  Sure you could fit in one smaller waist size, but your hips would be bulging...you've got a perfectly trim fit in the top block sized as is.  

I've gotten my first peak at 3012s in limited sizes, and I'm very excited about this cut...I think it has potential to be INSANELY versatile.

Love the fit on those F380s. Looks like there's a healthy front and rear rise with ample room in the thigh, which is exactly what I am looking for in a jean. I noticed SE's stock is almost entirely depleted--as per their online shop. Any one else not in Japan have decent stock left in this model?

(Want those work shirts, too. Damn.)

Edited by TresUnCool