The Flat Head

LFC4ever

My green native check workshirt in size 44 is for sale.  I've probably worn it....30 times.  It's in perfect shape.  I haven't figured out a price for it, but I'll entertain any offers.  I love it, I just tend to wear the red more, and I live and work with a dude who makes the green look a lot better than I do. 

My green native check workshirt in size 44 is for sale. I've probably worn it....30 times. It's in perfect shape. I haven't figured out a price for it, but I'll entertain any offers. I love it, I just tend to wear the red more, and I live and work with a dude who makes the green look a lot better than I do.

I'm a 42 and it's fairly snug in the FH tees :x

I'm just waiting to find the right FH shirt to add to my collection.

I love their tees, just haven't tried out the button downs or westerns yet.

I missed out on the linen indigo dyed ones sadly.

Also I just gave my 2111s another soak, should see some more progress this time around.

All depends on your shoulders though...I'm a 42 in FH T's...they fit pretty snug, but if I go up to a 44 its sloppy looking with the sleeves and the length.  I can put a 42 on in a FH workshirt, but I have zero range of movement with my arms because of how trim they are cut in the shoulders.  SZ 34 in FH jeans.  Height and shape has a lot to do with all of this of course.

While we're casually mentioning Flat Head products we have for sale, I think I'm going to sell my slightly-worn 3009s. I bought and wore them mostly in the summer, but after wearing 47s for a few months (and doing several squats in the meantime) they no longer fit. They're absurdly tight. Size 34. PM me if you're interested--I don't want much for them. 

I'll try and snap some pictures tomorrow, not a whole lot going on yet aside from the coin pocket and some whiskerkng. Also I noticed a hole developing in one of the pockets. I always tear through pockets for some reason or another!

With all of the talk about the native check shirt, I finally put mine up for sale in the market. I am not just trying to use this as a shameless plug, but it is the orange one Cold Summer has on. It is just cut too slim for me no matter how much I tried to take off a few pounds! I really wish I could find a FH shirt for me, but I have tried a few and none seem to be a good cut for me.

Edit - size 44...and too slim for me...never knew I was THAt fat :-)

Edited by JHC76

I'm really not trying to hawk my wares. I'd love to see this shirt go to someone who will enjoy it and things seem to get lost quickly in the market. I wish I could find flat head shirts that work for me. I love the fabric and everything about them. They just aren't cut right for me. I'm not even sure if their size 46 would work. Just too much taper in the body for my frame.

Yeah, the let down of getting something you so badly want and not having it work out really just sucks.

What's the wallet like? I've seen them online and they look great, but I'm not ready to part with my 7 year old red moon yet. I hear the quality of FH leather puts my red moon to shame.

Yeah, the let down of getting something you so badly want and not having it work out really just sucks.

What's the wallet like? I've seen them online and they look great, but I'm not ready to part with my 7 year old red moon yet. I hear the quality of FH leather puts my red moon to shame.

Kyle had a good way about clothing. If it's not something you're going to 100% love then why purchase it? Flat head is truly my favorite along with 3sixteen

If you're wearing the same native check that Kyle is in the photos, it is the western version which is a significantly trimmer cut than the same shirt in a workshirt.  I can't even really mess around with 46s from FH if they are the western shirts because of the taper on them, but 44 in the workshirt cut is a pretty good fit.  I'm 5'8" and probably 190 now that we're sufficiently into beer drinking season.

I don't know if I'd say that FH puts Red Moon to shame, but they are pretty different things as far as top notch heavy leatherwork goes...all of the Red Moon stuff I've seen is very obviously hefty, and pretty clean design wise, with simple, understated stitching that goes along way to accentuating the leather first and foremost, which I think is central to the appeal of Red Moon's design.  The heaviness of the FH wallets isn't as apparent as the Red Moon until you have the wallet in hand, but also in part because the stitching and the finishing of the leather is refined in a way that is surprising to find on such a hefty piece of leather.  FH's ability to tastefully integrate two-leather color combinations and sterling silver accents blow me away.  

In terms of design though, the Wild Child wallet Ben just got is pretty perfect in my opinion.  It's combination of a plenty-roomy billfold with wide-spread card slots give maximum carry capacity for a wallet that isn't very thick at all in the pocket.  The way that it is sized to fit snugly in a jeans pocket is great because it really cuts out the need for a chain/rein for those that don't like that look, and it is also pretty immune to pickpocketing because there is no way to slide it out of a backpocket without the wearer noticing.  The use of shell cordovan and cow leather of the same shade to show how different leathers patinate over time is really just the icing on the cake for me.  I'm done making due with just a card case, and will be picking up the Wild Child next time it's in stock.  

Great fit Romeo No 7, it's always nice to see some Thai fans here.

Tyler's right, if you've found FH shirts too slim in the middle, try the work shirt rather than western shirt versions.  I'm skinny so I love the taper on the western shirts, but if you need more room, this is a good option.  Also, the Regular Size versions of shirts are wider than the standard sizes.

I used a Redmoon wallet before I got my Flat Head wallet, the RM was a good wallet.  Their leather is really nice, but their wallets are machine stitched, and the stitches can break within 1-2 years of wear.  But my Stockburg wallet is hand-stitched with waxed tendon thread that's incredibly durable and unlikely to ever break under normal use.  The pigskin lining and gussets, plus the silver concho and D ring, give it a great classy-but-tough vibe.  After almost nine months of use, the shape of the wallet hasn't changed, which is a nice plus.  I can't recommend Stockburg stuff highly enough.