The Flat Head

LFC4ever

i really just measured a shirt that fit me well and got the 42 in the FH tee, since its measurements were similar. it's a bit tighter than i would like, but i got the biggest size that they had. if they would have had a 44, i probably would have gone with that.

fyi, on SE's website, this shirt is listed in either 40 or 42, but my tag just says XL. i have Hanes brand t-shirts from walmart that fit me about like this one, that are mediums...

Edited by Rain Dogs

That fit looks just right, Rain Dogs.  42 was definitely the right size.

For what it's worth, I usually wear an S (sometimes M) in American tees and shirts.  In Japanese sizes, I'm a 40/Large. 

Flat Head usually uses numbered sizing, but here's the breakdown:

34  36  38  40  42  44  46

XS   S   M    L   XL   XXL  XXXL

Edited by Kyle@TFH

Hi guys! I've finally decided to buy a pair of 3002 but I'm not really sure about the sizing. If I remember correctly, Kyle went up one size on his 3009 and according to the size guide at Rivet & Hide on the 3002 I should do the same. Am I on the right track or should I go TTS? I'm leaning towards sizing up as the Pioneer denim shrinks a lot and doesn't stretch out that much, and just want some confirmation I guess :(

I´m also looking to purchase a pair of 3002.

I wear size 38 in IH-555-01 and they fit me great! A little loose in the waist but spot on throughout the legs.

Will I fit either size 36 or 38? :blush:

I´m also looking to purchase a pair of 3002.

I wear size 38 in IH-555-01 and they fit me great! A little loose in the waist but spot on throughout the legs.

Will I fit either size 36 or 38? :blush:

Hey there

Honestly from comparing measurements i dont think even the 38 would fit you

Here are the measurements for a 3002 postsoak in size 38                     

Waist 36.2     37.8 pre

Thigh 12.8    13.2 pre

knee 8.8       9.3 pre

leg opening 8.25   8.5 pre

inseam 34-33 depending on how hot     36 pre

the presoak flat head 3002 size 38 are basically the 555-01 in size 38 with a smaller waist. You could get a size 38 then soak them in warm water instead of hot. Just understand that they will shrink to the measurements i posted. They will stretch out with wear but dont expect them to fully stretch to raw measurements.

Hope it helps! I wear a 34 in 555-01 and purchased the 36 3002 and they fit great. They shrunk 1.25 inches in the waist. .5" throughout the leg and 3.5 inches in the inseam.

So I just received SE05BSPs and the waist fits perfectly pre soak, and the rest of the jean would fit perfectly after the initial soak. Is there any way I can keep this waist size and shrink the rest of the jean? Like can I stick a dowel there and keep that waist size or just not soak the waist?

So I just received SE05BSPs and the waist fits perfectly pre soak, and the rest of the jean would fit perfectly after the initial soak. Is there any way I can keep this waist size and shrink the rest of the jean? Like can I stick a dowel there and keep that waist size or just not soak the waist?

Nope, I'd say cut your losses. Return them if you can, if you can't, just sell them and buy another pair in a larger size. 

Yes, it will work. I've done this using a dowel.

Edited by BlackPig

I think that'd be a good idea broark.  Too often on this forum do people buy too many things to properly give them the wear and time they deserve!

Maybe next spring the K0011's will still be around and I can grab 'em then.  Fingers crossed.

I think that'd be a good idea broark.  Too often on this forum do people buy too many things to properly give them the wear and time they deserve!

This!  I am a little over a month in on my hank dyed Dry Bones, and even though they aren't going to be fast faders by any stretch of the imagination, the subtle variation that will come with time will be well worth wearing them heavily.  I had to shelve my 3005s that I'd been aggressively wearing and washing (every two weeks for six months) to start on these, and while they have a lot of life left in them and were just starting to get good, I'm really glad I'm in the dry bones as I've never worn anything natural indigo, or nearly this slubby before.  I can't imagine wearing anything else until next summer.