The Flat Head

LFC4ever

got my BSP's earlier this week. after a hot soak, the waist shrunk about 1" and the inseam 2", but they stretched out a bit suprisingly fast (like, within an hour). doing a second soak right now to try & hopefully shrink the inseam a tad more. i might just end up getting them hemmed. we will see.

oh ya, and fit pics a'comin' soon.

@Kyle or anyone with experience.  Can you please advise if the TLS108W T-Shirt shrink much.  I am normally a size S(36) but might be able to get away with a size M(38).

It's a 2011 release and I found here http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/klax-on/item/tls108w-ny/

Edited by BlackPig

got my BSP's earlier this week. after a hot soak, the waist shrunk about 1" and the inseam 2", but they stretched out a bit suprisingly fast (like, within an hour). doing a second soak right now to try & hopefully shrink the inseam a tad more. i might just end up getting them hemmed. we will see.

oh ya, and fit pics a'comin' soon.

I soaked my BSPs a month ago 3x and every time they shrunk a bit more. Hot soak and agitation got close to 2" shrinkage in waist and 3.5" in length by the end. Worn them for the last month and they fit perfectly. Probably just do a soak once a month to keep the threads soft... Will post pictures this weekend.

@blackpig - agreed. i have a couple FH tees that have mistakenly seen the inside of the dryer once or twice and the shrinkage was pretty much unnoticable.

@peacedoff - thanks for the info. i had mine hemmed to a 39" inseam, and i'm hoping they'll make it down to 36". they're currently air drying right now so we'll see how it went tomorrow.

Edited by Rain Dogs

I agree.  Flat Head makes so much cool western-flavored stuff that seems like it'd go over well with people in Texas (like, for example, me) that I wish we had a real good denim store in Austin or Houston.

Hey everyone I'm about to be redundant here with questions but I haven't found a perfect answer.

How much shrinkage in the thigh did you all get after all shrinking was out? I notice the size 34 And 36 3009 don't have very different leg measurements just the waist

One washed 36 from PIRATES on rakuten measures 33.8 which is perfect but the watari (thigh?) measures 13.2 which is huge in my opinion comparatively to the waist then tapers down to 8.25

So the question is that is the watari the upper thigh? If that's the case then I guess flat head doesn't have a cut for me :( I don't want to walk around looking like I'm puffing out.

The top thigh will shrink about half an inch. 

A lot of Japanese stores measure the thigh in a weird way - something like ten centimeters down from the BiG thigh measurement.  That's often what they mean by "watari," but it looks like Pirates measures the top thigh.

I agree that FH needs a true slim straight cut, with similar specs to the 3009 but a slimmer top thigh.  In the meantime, you might try Rivet and Hide's K0011, it's in between the 3009 and 3001 in terms of fit.

The top thigh will shrink about half an inch.

A lot of Japanese stores measure the thigh in a weird way - something like ten centimeters down from the BiG thigh measurement. That's often what they mean by "watari," but it looks like Pirates measures the top thigh.

I agree that FH needs a true slim straight cut, with similar specs to the 3009 but a slimmer top thigh. In the meantime, you might try Rivet and Hide's K0011, it's in between the 3009 and 3001 in terms of fit.

Thanks!

I still think it will work out great. My waist is 34 but my thighs are 24-25 depending so its not too puffy. I'm sold!

I wrote an article for Rawr Denim about my recent visit to see Okayama's shuttle looms, check it out here:

http://www.rawrdenim.com/2013/08/projectile-looms-and-shuttle-looms/

I also took some videos of the shuttle looms, hopefully they'll let me upload these to YouTube soon.

This is an amazing write-up. Thanks for giving us insight into what goes on behind the scenes at The Flat Head, Kyle. I can tell you really love your job.  ;)