The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Flat Head will make shirts up to a 46" chest if the dealer places an order for it, but I don't think they make a 48.

leyori: I think the Glory Park TD tees have a more flexible neck than the THC ones (plus the TD are loopwheeled.)  They use a different construction technique.  You can also try the loopwheeled V-neck tees.

jcashen87: Yes, it's indigo.  The 5000 series denim is 14 oz rather than 14.5, and is a very slightly lighter color overall.  It's supposed to have more of a vintage fading character compared to the 3000 denim.  The 5002 is supposed to be a standard model from the FW2013 collection onward.

I would like to comment on the starching of jeans.  From the posts here it sounds like most of you (including Kyle) are a bit confused by the process of starching fabrics.

Jeans are never starched after they've been cut and sewn.  This is an option at the finishing plant but is a process rarely ever done by any type of jean brand.  Most sanforized denim is starched, sometimes before and sometimes after going through the sanforization process.  Unsanforized denim is rarely ever starched after being woven into denim on a loom, but that doesn't mean there isn't starch in the fabric.  Mills starch the weft yarns during the sizing ("size" is a tech work for glue) step of wrapping the beam with cotton yarns.  This makes the weaving process easier and makes the weft yarns less prone to snapping during shuttle returns.  In the end, all denim has starch, but the amount of starch is highly dependent on that particular run of fabric and how it was treated both before and after it was woven into a textile.

loopwheeled V-neck tees?i guess its the first time i hear that. anyone ever come across?

We only have 1 of these left but here is an example of TFH loopwheeled V neck T shirt. It is from the TVT series http://rivetandhide.com/brands/the-flat-head/the-flat-head-loopwheeled-cotton-flying-wheel-t-shirt-black.html

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

Thanks Kiya, that's some good info.  Honestly, I'd never given much thought to starching before. 

Palm_chanon, those look absolutely perfect.  That 20 oz denim fades really good.

Edited by Kyle@TFH

It is, but if you get it and you decide you don't like it you can always get store credit that I'm sure you'll use.  And the THC series is awesome enough that I think anyone who likes quality tees should have at least a couple in their wardrobe.

Those shirts are super nice and the collar is awesome, but they are not loopwheeled. 

Flat Head stopped making the THC series as loopwheeled this season and the gray blanks are from 2012. 

I've been told that the THC series was never loopwheeled, and that the reason why people thought they were was because of a mis-translation by someone who clearly didn't care about this stuff as much as those on sufu.  

I could definitely be wrong, but that still doesn't take away from the fact that these shirts are definitely in the same league as anything you could buy and their collars are still by far the nicest I've ever felt or seen.

Yes, because those are from 2012.

If anyone's interested in loopwheeled Flat Head t-shirts, I have 2 brand new ones up for sale in the supermarket: http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/149423-fs-loopwheeled-flat-head-t-shirts-l/

I got them recently from Rakuten... they're a Large, but unfortunately fit a bit too tight for me.  (I'm a 39" chest, and it's just a tad snug, I think it'd be perfect for 38").

Edited by sway

Kyle

Based on your story trip. I really excited, especially for those TFHxPronto that claimed "the last 20 oz" from flathead. And also the arc, that's so lovely. When will they be released? Any clues for that?

Yep, i know. Even their 3xx fabrics is tight weaving too and that's like a challange for myself hahaa.. That's not a big problem for me who live in tropical country :D . The biggest deal in here for me.....is the price

Flat Head stopped making the THC series as loopwheeled this season and the gray blanks are from 2012.

I remember mikecch pointing out in March 2011 (over in the MyNudie thread) that the THC models were not advertised as "loopwheeled" on TFH's website while other series/models were...

http://mynudies.com/showthread.php?11887-Loop-wheeled-cotton-fabric-from-sweats-to-Ts/page7

Not that it maters much now that things are more clear going forward.

Edited by Foxy2

Got some tees today, both black mint and glory park.  I feel like there's a difference between this and non-loopwheeled, but it is definitely minimal.  Kyle, do the black mint tm tees and glory park tees use the same fabric? TM feels heavier.

Anyway, I'll put up some fit pics later, but my size 42 black mint is too small so that's gotta go if anyone is interested.  A grey "Flucky the funky wolf" 42 has gotta go too, as I ordered it in black as well.  Probably my favorite graphic ever.

Edit: this tee is sweet

Oky9u33.jpg?2

IMG_2393.jpg

Edited by itsbenhere

I want one of those Flucky tees, there have got to be a few around the HQ somewhere.

I can't find any GP tees in stock right now, but I think it's pretty similar to the Black Mint fabrics. I know that we use a few different loopwheeled fabrics, depending on the shirt, but TFH makes so many different types depending on the line that it's a little tough to keep track of it all.