The Flat Head

LFC4ever

What makes the new season's wabash shirt so much better? Is it still a work shirt based wabash? I'm not a fan of western shirts. Are the pockets the same or did they change? And what makes the buttons so good? :)

The pattern of dots is now dots and diamonds and the sequence is random, the diamond is so small that its hard to tell which one is a dot and which one is a diamond till you look really close. The new buttons are made of cast steel which have been powdercoated an off-white color and the back is curved like a frisbee, custom made by Flat Head.

Looking good indeed. It's hard picturing this pair turning out with as much contrast as other flat heads we've seen posted, which I think you may have been going for if I recall correctly, but personally I like the vintage look a little better and I think these are turning out great.

I'm happy with how they look so far. The whiskers are slow to develop on these jeans because the crotch/top thigh is loose. My s710s have a much slimmer upper block so those will probably show more pronounced contrast once I start wearing them.

It probably doesn't help that I don't do anything that puts lots of stress on the lap like biking, climbing rocks, or skateboarding.

• 2 weeks later...

Fit was so good til I washed it and the chest shrank... :(

So, for sale, Flat Head s/s indigo western selvedge chambray size 42 (Medium) for 85 $ portpaid worldwide!.. As new!..

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3889.0

bb125bed.jpg

Heh...I totally just accidentally bought a pair of F2001's. Just meant to see how much it would end up being with all the shipping. And, BAM, i hit a button that definitely did NOT say "place order" or "confirm this or that".

But, hell, I'm keeping them! :)

1 year, 1 month old now, guys!

Though, I didn't wear them as much this month so they should look fairly close to last month. i'm probably giving them another wash tomorrow. there's also a small tear in the crotch area again and i should get to that soon.

tumblr_mb33upDXLX1qk2k0vo1_1280.jpg

Can anyone comment on how much stretch is expected with a pair of Z3005s? Got a pair from leeroy on their way and I'm stoked.

After around a dozen wears, mine have stretched only around half an inch, after an initial 50 deg soak. Prob a fair bit more shrink to go, which I need to avoid at all cost. I find these around half an inch to an inch smaller than the same size samurai (34) at the moment.

Can anyone comment on how much stretch is expected with a pair of Z3005s? Got a pair from leeroy on their way and I'm stoked.

I also got my Zs from leeroy ... 2 pairs actually!

I share M7's experience, the denim takes a lot of commitment to stretch out.

If you only soak, expect more shrinkage with the agitation of a machine or hand-wash.