The Flat Head

LFC4ever

p1079533560-4.jpg

Just got these in the mail today. Still drying from the soak. Not sure if I'm going to wind up keeping them, but eventually when I get around to getting them hemmed I'll post up some fit pics, just gotta go to NYC to get them hemmed at SE. If I sell them I may just try to exchange for a pair of 1001's.

Laxlife1234 I just received the exact same in the mail today, sz34. Looking forward to the relaxed and kinda baggy fit.. Im a bit over the slim fit these days.

Heh, I know what you mean. I just want a relaxed pair as I have a pair of 666OD's and a pair of SG2109's I just received as well. Because my 666OD's are mainly broken in my main pair is going to be the SG's and when I don't want a slim fit I'll have the 3005's to fall back on. Otherwise if I truly can't stand them I'll just sell or trade for a slimmer pair.

Edit: Yup, they definitely don't fit me right. If anyone is interested in them give me a PM looking for $180 shipped.

Edited by laxlife1234

Welcome to the FH club! Flat Head actually just released a new slim-straight model, the 3002, that looks like a sweet spot between the 3009 and the 3001. I think it would be the right fit for your body type.

My BSPs hit the five month mark and I gave them their first wash yesterday. They look good, probably won't get worn much for another week or two while it's still hot here. I'll take some pics soon.

laxlife1234,

Those Z3005s are exactly the same cut as the F350s you previously had, I'm surprised you went around that loop again! :)

Mild - where did you get yours from in the end?

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Maynard, I got them from DC4 in the end.. Wanted to have a play with the 3xxx denim, plus the zip fly appealed to me as I have 7 or 8 other pairs of various denim all with button fly.. Then theres the bonus bandanna. Thought this was enough to justify the purchase ;) DC4 was the only place I could find the z3005 in my size, so that was the only reason I didn't buy from Pirates.

Initial pre wash try on of the 34's is pretty damn snug with the top button done up, doing a 50 deg hand wash cycle in the machine to get shrinkage sorted in 1 go (hopefully) as I type. I think I will need a week or so to stretch them out to a proper 34, so I reckon the size should be pretty right in th long run. Definitely seem quite baggy, but will hold judgement until they start to sit properly in a few weeks time. Pretty sure the 33 would have been too small at my current weight.. Damn winter food!

So, my first Flat Head denim is now officially under way and I'm pretty happy so far. Quality seems nice, denim is smooth and finish is quite neat. Arcs are a bit full on when new, but hopefully a lot of sitting around will even them out a bit.

Mike.

laxlife1234,

Those Z3005s are exactly the same cut as the F350s you previously had, I'm surprised you went around that loop again! :)

Mild - where did you get yours from in the end?

Yeah, I know! It is a bit strange... Maybe I was fatter a year ago? hehe. But my main reason for selling is actually because there's a pair of headphones I want and my SG2105's I just got will do instead, but I guess I don't really like straight leg cuts anymore, maybe it could use another soak in the legs as well, I wouldn't be surprised.

Welcome to the FH club! Flat Head actually just released a new slim-straight model, the 3002, that looks like a sweet spot between the 3009 and the 3001. I think it would be the right fit for your body type.

My BSPs hit the five month mark and I gave them their first wash yesterday. They look good, probably won't get worn much for another week or two while it's still hot here. I'll take some pics soon.

Actually to be honest I've always wanted a pair of BSP's but never saw one priced accordingly to where I would say, shit, I am going to drop the money on it.

As for the right fit... I have no clue, I think BSP's would be it though, me being insanely skinny they would me nicely.

Can anyone with the 3009s commet on the fit/denim ? I have a pair of size 31 ih busters which I love but would kill for a lower rise and bigger thigh... Would anyone say that fh 3xxx denim is a little more wearable than thick 21 oz?

Well its definitely softer and lighter. The denim is absolutely beautiful, a little stiff at first but by the end of the first day it softened up and loosened up.

In terms of fit; I wear 32 normally. I sized up to 33 in these and I would still kill for a lower rise and more thigh room, even after a cold soak. If that's your biggest concern I would avoid these... it just doesnt cut it (for me at least)

i'm of the opposite opinion...nothing as soft as regular IH 21oz denim, and for me it is much more breathable and wearable in warm weather, whereas the flathead denim is less breathable and darker, making it hotter for me to wear in the summer...i should also note that my iron hearts are a looser fit as well which contributes to their being a better summer jean than FH (though for hot weather i don't think either is a great choice)

Well I think part of the problem is that my current ihs are a slim cut and I wanted to have a different (and looser) denim to fade. Trying to decide between rjbs and flat heads but I'm pretty sure the cut of the fh 3009s trumps the rjbs for me

Received my 1005s today and they do feel noticeably heftier than my F350s. Even though these are going onto the stockpile for now, they are my heaviest denim (usurping my 15oz SDA 101s) and I look forward to wearing them.

EDIT:

The raw measurements are pretty similar to my F350s (I have 1 pair in my winter rotation and 1 still raw in reserve) but the inseam is 2" longer, about 38.5-39".

Edited by Maynard Friedman

So... here's my firt for the Z3005's. I'm in the middle or a potential deal but if anyone is interested in them let me know. I personally think that they just aren't for me, especially how wide they are, I like slimmer jeans.

p1081418284-4.jpg

p1081418304-4.jpg

Laxlife1234, I personally dig the fit. I reckon they will hang real nice after a few weeks of wear.. but your call man.

Mine are drip drying now, fit pics to follow soon.

I agree. They don't look too baggy now and I think they will look great will and will drape nicely once they break in a bit.

^^those look good in the thighs but would look better with a taper from the knee down.

Thanks guys, well because I am in no longer need of the money, I'm going to keep them for now. I did give them a wash in the washer and threw them in the dryer after for half a cycle on medium heat and they shrunk a lot more so the fit IMO is much better and much more like the way I remember my F350's.

Now, the only thing is my 666OD's will get no wear and I have to balance wearing these and my SG2105's now lol.

I agree, the top is fine but the lower leg looks a little strange.

BSPs would be a good fit for you laxlife, they're a pretty tight fit on me but that's mostly because my thighs are too long for the taper. You won't have that problem.

Thanks - I would love a pair of BSP's, but because they fit better after the wash it's more of the straight leg cut I was originally after. I have my SG2105 and 666OD's as my skinny pair and now these as my regular straight leg pair. IMO great for winter.

I'm looking for a Flathead Wabash shirt in a size 40. If anyone has one they aren't wearing/ can't fit/ etc. hit me up. Thanks!

Wait for next season's wabash, it's completely insane. So insane that even the buttons are so good that i ordered a set of buttons to go on my three year old FH wabash shirt.

ok am 100% ready to pull trigger on some flatheads i want the f310, i currently wear size31 nudie reg alf and there roomy enough to fit my hand flat down my hip or crotch, would the 32 work? i dont want skin grabbing tight though and i wear a belt reguardless. Also the front pockets of these jeans will they fit a motorola droid razor? or it too big? thanks in advance

32 is probably right, but I suggest you measure your jeans and compare the measurements to the ones for the F310 posted on Self Edge or other sites (remember that the jeans will shrink 3" in the inseam, 1.5" in the waist, and .3-.4" in the rise, thigh, knee, and hem.)