The Flat Head

LFC4ever

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a pair of Flathead 3005 and I have a feeling that after a hot soak, the pants will shirnk way too much for my liking.

Is there anyway to avoid over shrinkage (aside from inseam) but, at the same time, won't distort my fades in the future?

I had to list them in the marketplace, cheap price.

looks like you bought a lot uf stuff recently without really knowing what you do...

if you never wash them and only soak them, then you can avoid a bit of shrinkage

but if you wash them in the machine...at one point they will end at their "final size" (full shrinkage)

Well I did my research and I knew what it was that I was buying, and I do understand shrinkage and all that. As well as that once I wash them they will become their true size. I just mis-measured the Flatheads compared to a pair I already own, and realized that the meaurements will be too small.

I was just hoping you guys knew something I didnt.

Ah well..

10 months!

tumblr_m6b0fvg3fN1qk2k0vo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m6b0ycTLIR1qk2k0vo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m6b0ycTLIR1qk2k0vo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_m6b0ycTLIR1qk2k0vo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_m6b0ycTLIR1qk2k0vo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m6b0ycTLIR1qk2k0vo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_m6b0ycTLIR1qk2k0vo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_m6b0ycTLIR1qk2k0vo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_m6b0ycTLIR1qk2k0vo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_m6b0ycTLIR1qk2k0vo9_1280.jpg

Nothing much compared to last months update.

Though, I've been biking a lot with these on this month.

Crotch is also about to blow so I think I need to get to that real soon.

Absolutely beautiful, that's the reason I purchased Flatheads. I really hope the 3000 series fades the same as the F300 series.

I bought some FH 3005 in a sz31, unfortunately they were sized wrong and hemmed to a 34.5 so I cant return.

In the marketplace for a cheap place, or PM me.

Oh man, oh god, oh man.

houndstooth1.jpg

houndstooth2.jpg

Flat Head's FNW-73W, the most recent take on their iconic houndstooth shirts. This one has a split yoke like most FH western shirts, but otherwise it's the same as the infamous FNW-61W of early Self Edge/WAYWT/Sidneylo fame. I think this design looks a little bit better, actually.

houndstooth3.jpg

The shoulders are a little bit wide, but a wash and tumble dry should get the size just right. Unfortunately it's getting hot here in northern Japan so I probably won't be able to wear this bad boy until September.

Edited by Cold Summer

^ just resew by hand (with some new, matching thread) over the existing stitching where it has come away. That happened in various areas on my F350s and a pair of Eternals. Not uncommon and no big deal.

^ i had to do the same thing on my 3001's a month in, predominantly around the top of the front pockets as well as the same area as above, it all adds to the character i guess?

a matter of determination, man. in my case, specially on slim/tight fitting cuts, preventive reinforcement is an s.o.p. [standard operation procedure].& a ritual/hobby before rocking them.

re-posting an old post, since we're in the topic of repairs.

btw' date=' tnx [/size']iwannudies!

i've already posted this in some threads, but i'm Xposting it here cuz it makes more sense + easier to reference :

ScanPic364.jpg

reinforcing thread on the [ wallet side ] pocket

ScanPic380.jpg

common thread breakage around the curve part of the front pocket

Renfo.jpg

stealth reinforement stitch on crotch area