The Flat Head

LFC4ever

That does seem odd. I have a ton of FH shirts but they're all westerns and have snap buttons, so I've never had anything like that happen.

I don't think wabash shirts are going to change much with age the same way as denim or leather does. If you want a shirt that will age nicely go for the 7002. I'm biased towards western shirts over workwear, though.

577675_351939161538320_140504442681794_927168_707923389_n.jpg

maynard: for how long do u have it? how many washes? am curious, would be delighted to see some pics. thanks

eyelet issue: maybe production error???

Wait till you see the F/W version of the wabash. It's a game changer.

Can't spill the beans yet but when you see it, you will be impressed.

@brownmetalic: well yes, the exact this has been done by to different tailors... the result: eyelets became a bit bulgy&distorted... maybe i'm too picky, but hey this is a 300$ shirt!

how would u guys think/react?

problem was the sewer put too much stitch on it.

'need only a sparse loops/stitches to keep thread from unraveling & edges from fraying.

since i want things done exactly the way i want it + no one will care more than me__ how things turn out cuz it's my stuff, i'm DIY when it comes to minor repairs.

Edited by BrownMetallic

WABASH WORKSHIRT

Hello guys i've been for quite a while a lurker here, but decided to get more active here.

i have couple of tfh & ih items... my main question is: has anyone a Wabash Shirt from tfh which is well aged/hard worn? would love to see some pics...

i have one myself for a couple of months, which i wore maybe max to 30x only ob weekends and faraway from hard wearing...

BUT just after the 4-5x times of wearing the stiching around the button-eyelets came off at the first eyelet... i let it repair by a trusty tailor and wasn't quite happy with the outcome... took it to two other different tailors and both assured me that the repairwork habe been done well and that there is nö other Way! few wears later the second eyelet=same trouble... now the 3rd is on its way to come off!!! i love this shirt and anything from tfh... and by far this shirt is the most expensive shirt i ever bought!!!

any advice? or any other owner made the same experience?

i am thankfull for any kind of help. thanks

Here's my wabash with a little wear on it. I've been wearing it probably every other day since march.

Collar:

image4.jpg

"Combs":

image5.jpg

Cuff:

image6.jpg

I freaking love this thing, can't wait for the new one! But yeah no button hole problems for me, sorry.

Posted · Hidden by ur_ugly, June 5, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by ur_ugly, June 5, 2012 - No reason given

Here's my wabash with a little wear on it. I've been wearing it probably every other day since march.

Collar:

image4.jpg

"Combs":

image5.jpg

Cuff:

image6.jpg plain awesome!

I freaking love this thing, can't wait for the new one! But yeah no button hole problems for me, sorry.

His stylist probably went to BiG in NYC and got those Samurais there. I'm betting neither he nor his stylist know anything about sizing or soaking raw unsanforized denim.

I can bet He or his Stylist can care less about that, either... How many times is going to actually wear them jeans?? You really think he cares about Sizing and Soaking?? HAHAHAHAHA! -STOP.

Just as many of y'all here are quick to judge on someone wearing a pair of denim Oversized, There are plenty of y'all who look HILARIOUS in jeans that are WAY TOO SMALL for y'all.

On the quest for better fades and stacking... Yeah, OK.

"maybe a combination of both..and of course he won't break them in. i read somewhere around sufu that raw denim is only interesting for these guys as long it is still stiff."

You sir, are CORRECT! We Brothers do like our Denim Raw. It's a sign of being "Crisp" and "Clean". I know cats that as soon as the denim shows some wear, they're no longer rocked...

Just as many of y'all here are quick to judge on someone wearing a pair of denim Oversized, There are plenty of y'all who look HILARIOUS in jeans that are WAY TOO SMALL for y'all.

Quoted for truth.

I myself like my jeans slim/fitted. Others like them skinny/skin tight. Others like them baggy/relaxed. It's what makes us individuals. We all have our preferences on why we went for a particular cut. Get over your fucking selves and show us fades. Stop whining and bitching and moaning and being hypocritical. This forum is hilarious to observe sometimes, I must say. (And before you are quick to judge, I have another account on here that I have been using for many years, so don't send me the noob message!)

Onto the fades...

"Too tight?" I don't click on the APC or N&F threads very much, so maybe they're doing it, but when I think of "tight jeans" I think of Nudie Tight Long Johns or April 77 or whatever, the likes of which are routinely bashed on SuFu. Not a properly-fitting pair of F310s or IH666s like lots of people on this forum actually wear, for example.

I know cats that as soon as the denim shows some wear, they're no longer rocked...

Most of the people on this forum enjoy denim, leather, and other stuff that gets better looking with age. Are you really surprised that the "throw it out when it's not new and flashy anymore" philosophy isn't very popular here?

I can bet He or his Stylist can care less about that, either... How many times is going to actually wear them jeans?? You really think he cares about Sizing and Soaking??

Ignorance and waste isn't something to be proud of. The joke's on him, because buying a pair of $350 jeans and wearing it once is a big fat waste of money and little more than showing off (compared to most people here who might spend a lot on a pair, but wear it for the next several years until it's fallen apart.)

lay your diors flat and measure across the waistband, double that measurement, buy the 3001 size with waist one inch bigger than dior measurement?

Edited by in_limbo

xposted from tate+yoko thread:

they went up on the website a couple hours ago.. and i'll have the product description and chart up tomorrow. need sleep ;)

essentially a limited edition model, which uses a natural/synthetic indigo mix. Comes with an indigo dyed drawstring bag. We only received 3 pairs of these! Measurements are similar to the 3001.

more images here:

http://tateandyoko.com/1-jeans/276-flat-head-3001-a-slim-straight-mix-indigo-selvedge-denim.html

Thm1El.jpg

t0R2rl.jpg

SnTukl.jpg

I've noticed a lot of brands have a disclaimer of approximate shrinkage of measurements to each part of the pant.

Do FlatHeads shrink at the knee/leg openin at all from its original state? I've seen hot-water post-soak meaurements of FlatHead 3005s and in comparison to SelfEdge's listed measurements they don't make sense. The leg opening shrunk 0.1 inch and the knee measurements were larger than listed measurements.

Can anyone comment/confirm?

Thanks!