The Flat Head

LFC4ever

LC_Miey, repped, those are fantastic.

honestly I haven't had much experience with japanese denim but my bsp's faded considerably during their first month of everyday wear. by this I mean that I did see electric blue in the high stress areas (middle of crotch, wallet pocket, beginnings of whiskers, etc) and this happened a lot faster than, say, my old apc ns or my n&f regular indigo (although the latter I've heard fades very slowly so I have no idea what to think). However at about 4 and a half months, they resemble the same color and fade intensity as my n&f did at 3 months.

so basically, they crack fast, but then they don't really move that fast afterwards. I've seen a bunch of fh's on this forum that look sort of washed out and more vintage-faded, I think it's due to the fact that people wash so often. I plan on holding out 6-8 months before my first wash, and just wear them everyday until then.. flatheads are one of the most consistently beautiful jeans I've seen in the long run though (1.5-2 years+) so honestly they look fine in the end anyway.

lamb and khoiphan's fh's were contrasty as hell, and were actually the pairs that inspired me to get a pair of them in the first place...

SE05BSP size 31. Absolutely no idea how long I've wore these for. I had brain cancer, battled and beat that while I've owned these. So no real wear went into them during that time. Really happy with how they came out after this last wash.

Initial soak, another soak and a machine wash. All with Dr. Bronners

IMG_8923.jpg

IMG_8921.jpg

Whiskers and my ripped pocket.

IMG_8924.jpg

Patch and hole from my wallet.

IMG_8922.jpg

Everyone seems to take this picture too so I figured why not?

IMG_8925.jpg

What's up everyone! I've been lurking around in these forums for a little bit, and I've finally decided to post some pictures of my flatheads. I bought them from SE and they're the 1001's. I love these jeans to death, words cannot describe how awesome they are. After seeing pictures of other people's flatheads, I am a little bit scared but so forth! I have had my flathead 1001's for quite some time, maybe around 16-18 months. They might not look up to par with everyone else's, but I am content with them. Due to some health problems I wasn't able to wear them for 3-4 months, but I am back in action and gladly wearing my flatheads. So please criticize/comment away Flathead fanatics!

Btw I'm sorry if I messed anything up, kind of new to this.

1 wash/3 or 4 soaks. I wish I could've washed them earlier and a bit more.

Back side

DSCN0145.jpg

DSCN0165.jpg

DSCN0166.jpg

Front side

DSCN0172.jpg

DSCN0168.jpg

DSCN0180.jpg

Sorry guys to hijack the FH thread, just a heads up to those who didn't saw it!

to those who've seen it, sincere apologies!

WTS FH 4001 Black, size 30 (BNWT)

Wore it once to try, seems like didnt fit at the waist.

Bought for 320 USD(415 sgd) at selfedge.com

Selling it now for 380 SGD. Rate used was 1 sgd : 1.3 USD

if you're interested, sms me at 93869506.

measurements as seen from here.

Take note, it's size 30

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=202

Pictures of the jeans can be seen from there, the same as what you'll get, but due to my camera is not working well, i can't post pictures, my deepest apologies.

Interested parties can text me at +65 9386 9506(Singaporeans only) or send me a message.

@anthonyoj

+rep

nice denim, but i'm curious about the belt. it looks intense. info pls?

Thanks for the comments and any +rep you may give guys, it's appreciated.

@anthonyoj

+rep

nice denim, but i'm curious about the belt. it looks intense. info pls?

It is indeed very intense. It was my grandpas, he got it at a local western store and ended up giving it to me a few years ago. It seriously has zero signs of wear and it has been worn by me for ~2 years and him for a few before that. I can take better pics of it if you're interested.

all the flathead evos looking really good.

I kinda wanna get myself a pair, but worried about how 14oz denim fares vs IH's 21oz. Anyone with both care to share?

The IH 21oz is super soft, which is incredible but not really my taste. You'll find the FH to be a bit more crisp and crunchy.

I like cardboard jeans. :eek:

I kinda wanna get myself a pair, but worried about how 14oz denim fares vs IH's 21oz. Anyone with both care to share?

i like both and alternate depending on my mood.

in my experience properly sized/cut 14 oz FH denim is not *that* much different than properly sized/cut 21 oz IH denim in terms needing crotch repairs and i find the lighter denim easier to repair myself.

while having had multiple repairs, the FH WT jeans kind of show how far you can go with the FH denim.

also, FH denim can get really soft after wash/wear.

Does anyone know anything about the new (i'm assuming they're new) cotton/kevlar denim from TFH? There seems to be a K011 and K015 model, though even on Rakuten US i don't get much out of the translation. I'm def picking up a pair of Busters this week but these Kevlar models caught my eye on TFH website

the 21oz denim that IH uses takes one hell of a beating, but it fades at a rather slow rate if you are only really using them for school or what not.they are no where near as fast faders like your 666's. (i think that is what you have, right?) but the FH denim fades up like a fucking mad man. the crispness of the denim and its color really make it a really fun jean to wear. you'll be seeing hyperblue in no time! the real question shouldnt really be about the denim though, as they are both time tested companies with great products, the real question is what fit are you gonna be looking for. start there and then get back to us, nah mean?

haha actually I have the 301s. Saw Evilcrayons 301s and wanted to get that someday. but I honestly like all the fits, I'm thinking I'm probably gonna pick up some 2001's or f310s or e ven bsps in the next month or 2. (moneys) Actually probably gonna wait until the LA party thing to see if theres a new collab. The fading you describe sounds like itd be great to play with. Thanks for the advice! +rep

deadendpro speaks the truth.. at this time where we are all spoit by choice, it goes back to the basic question on what you really want fit/ type of denim etc..

so folks want their jeans to fade slow, some want theirs to fade with high contrast...what i love with the options with have right now is that we basically have everything for everyone..its a matter of knowing what you really want...

momotaro/somet take time to show apparent fading but they fade with relatively high contrast too