The Flat Head

LFC4ever

The back pocket arcs... just makes me ask, why bother?

The double exposed selvedge on the coin pocket is tacky, IMO (thats nit picky)

The single stitching around the front pockets, ugly.

The black hardware is pretty sad. Its just flat black. Compared to the hardware of companies like strike gold, or ltd ed samurais, which have pretty interesting materials and designs for rivets and buttons.

maybe I am wrong here but, its like they wanted to do something 'different' but were too scared to actually go all the way. so they add funny stitching, back pockets w/subtle difference in shape (that were apparently impossible to make), and call it a day. How about a J-leg? or a pull over top button (dress trouser style), or darts in the legs. AT LEAST a color pocket bag, or chambray pocket bags, or something. if your trying to do something 'different.' (not that I would necessarily buy jeans with that stuff, but it would get my attention/interest and respect)

Anyway, what makes this collabo is the fabric. I don't think anyone would be interested in a 3xxx RHT version with this design. Am I wrong?

Also, this is all just my opinion. I've got great respect for RR, and the effort that went into this. Just, idk.... i dont get it.

The back pocket arcs... just makes me ask, why bother?

The double exposed selvedge on the coin pocket is tacky, IMO (thats nit picky)

The single stitching around the front pockets, ugly.

The black hardware is pretty sad. Its just flat black. Compared to the hardware of companies like strike gold, or ltd ed samurais, which have pretty interesting materials and designs for rivets and buttons.

I think we must be looking at different jeans. Tacky coin pocket selvage?

THere are plenty of jeans around that scream for attention - gold or highly-'designed' hardware, brightly coloured selvage. I applaud ringring for the subtlety of this design - details like those curved pockets are indeed very difficult to sew, but they evoke fascinating references, including the earliest precedents for jeans - precedents which those content with endless revisions of the 50s 5-pocket format are unlikely to appreciate.

I count myself lucky to have picked up endless new information from ringring, on tehcnical advances in spinning warp threads, or the early history of Sea Island cotton. These jeans are in essence a three-dimensional embodiment of that knowledge and heritage. If you're one of the 140 people who can appreciate it, lucky you

If you're one of the 140 people who can appreciate it, lucky you

I hear ya. Someone asked me what I thought, and I answered.I don't like them, have gotten a lot of +rep from people thinking the same thing but haven't voiced it.

Whatever though! I feel bad for voicing my opinion, I even got negged by Kiya for doing so. But, I have tons of respect for these guys, RR too, incredible contributor to the forum and denim in general, infinitely moreso than I ever will be. If you're one of the 140 who picks these up, I'm excited for the updates.

It's all relative chubby, a medico gets paid a similar amount of money for 10 minutes work and a couple of row of stitches inside or outside you.

This RR collab. is definitely worth the asking price - whether you can afford it or not is another issue, don't confuse the two.

i like the thigh measurements and leg opening for the F380's however the presoak waist is the lowest waist size i wanna go. would a cold soak keep the jeans within pre soak measurements? I dont want the waist to shrink too much

I have F350s and gave them an initial machine wash at 60C. They shrank quite a bit all round but within a couple of days the waist was back to it's raw size.