The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Hey dudes. So roughly one month ago, I purchased a pair of Flat Head F310's in a size 31, and the thighs and top block were uncomfortably tight with a short cold soak and a month of wear.

I went ahead and picked up the BSP's in a size 32 (sizing up one), and did a two hour hot soak. They fit pretty well, but I was hoping that they'd end up shrinking a bit more after an hour and a half hot soak. Do you think they'll shrink anymore with additional soaks? Also, has anyone else had experience sizing up in the Flat Head BSPs?

Thanks in advance.

Hey dudes. So roughly one month ago, I purchased a pair of Flat Head F310's in a size 31, and the thighs and top block were uncomfortably tight with a short cold soak and a month of wear.

I went ahead and picked up the BSP's in a size 32 (sizing up one), and did a two hour hot soak. They fit pretty well, but I was hoping that they'd end up shrinking a bit more after an hour and a half hot soak. Do you think they'll shrink anymore with additional soaks? Also, has anyone else had experience sizing up in the Flat Head BSPs?

Thanks in advance.

I'd say they'll shrink about half what they shrank the first time around with the second hot soak.

Loopwheeled Fabric!

I've seen a spike of interest in loopwheeled fabrics recently so i decided to dig up a few photographs i took of a machine for those that haven't seen what a loopwheeler machine looks like.

There are some serious misconceptions about this fabric.

Just because a fabric has tube construction does not make it loopwheeleed. Also, i'd say that about 50% of the fabric which i've felt and has been marked as loopwheeled was NOT actually loopwheeled, it's just tube body constructed fabric. It's insane to me that companies get away with advertising that their fabric is one thing when it's not, but i'm convinced that these companies themselves were fooled by their factories or textile suppliers into thinking that the fabric was really loopwheeled.

Kobayashi-san (president of Flat Head) is the only person in the world that owns loopwheeling machines which are capable doing a certain weight and feel of micro-ribbed fabric, the Japanese brand Loopwheeler actually buys their micro-ribbed fabric from Kobayashi. Flat Head are still the only clothing company i've ever come across which owns up to 65% of the machines which weave all their fabrics where as all other clothing lines don't actually own any machines, they lease or outsource production to factories.

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2109.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

Thanks Kiya. Is it worth it to do a second soak immediately, or should i hold off until they have some more wear?

If you want them to be smaller do another hot soak, 30 minutes, hot water, line dry.

when are you restocking on f380's kiya?

November 1st when they finish the new run for us.

if i bought the f380s and liked the pre soak measurements, would a cold soak keep the same measurements?

also, i live about an hr away from SESF and i cant stay in SF and wait on you guys to hem a pair if i buy them....can i buy em in store and have you guys hem them and ship it to me? if so, im guessing there will be a shpping charge?

can i buy em in store and have you guys hem them and ship it to me? if so, im guessing there will be a shpping charge?

Yes, and yes.

any opinions on how much worn inazumas will shrink in a hot soak or hot wash? ( sz 34 , 3-4mo of wear and stretched to 18in waist) Im wonderin if i can get it down to a 16.5 or even 16in waist

I would say a definite no. 34 measured 35 initially and even with a ridiculously hot soak, would have measured 33.5 afterwards. It has stretched to a 36 now? No chance it will shrink 3 inches now homme...

its the SEXFH bsp, try on what feels like the perfect fit, than buy a size up to compensate for shrinking, its the strategy i use

Do you know if they carry it at the LA SelfEdge store?

Is it the same as "SE05BSP"?

edit am I supposed to size UP, or down..?

On selfedge it says a 32 is tagged 31. So I should size down, correct? Some people said they sized UP one-two..

a.khan meant SE05BSP (Bomb Shit Pussy if you are wondering).

Try on a pair, whatever fits nicely (not too tight, not too loose), then hot soak for skinny fit. It will be tight to start with but from experience, 3XXX denim stretches back to raw within a couple of days. For reference: I'm a 34 waist, went with a tagged 34 (pre November lot measured 34", so shrink from tagged size. New lot are shrink to tagged size so I'd now buy a tagged 33) and mine look like this:

SE05BSPBack.jpg