The Flat Head

LFC4ever

one year of wear bout to wash my 1001's for the first time. Should i use detergent or just cold water and air dry

Any sort of vegetable soap will do, the fewer additives the better. Dr Bronner's is always popular 'round these here parts. Turn jeans inside out, wash, hang dry.

one year of wear bout to wash my 1001's for the first time. Should i use detergent or just cold water and air dry

Cold water alone just makes the jeans wet - does jack all for actually cleaning the garment.

Use Sugar Cane washing liquid or hand-wash using soap if you're really anal about it.

Or just use mild detergent without bleach and other harsh chemicals (use Samurai's powder or Momotaro's laundry liquid, etc if you want some voodoo :P)

Need some advice.

Looking to pick up a new pair of raw blue jeans. I've worn nudie SJDJ, APC new standards in indigo and black, along with a grey pair of NFMs.

I would say I like the sizing on my APCs the most, tag size 26.

I checked on selfedge and it seems like the smallest size they have is a 28 in the F310s, which is a waist size 29. I'm trying to figure out if this size would be too big for me, if I should consider getting something else to work on.

Any opinions and advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, I would need to hem these flat heads as well as I can't wear an inseam of 37.5.

Thanks.

Measure a pair of pants you like the sizing on and go from there.

Need some advice.

Looking to pick up a new pair of raw blue jeans. I've worn nudie SJDJ, APC new standards in indigo and black, along with a grey pair of NFMs.

I would say I like the sizing on my APCs the most, tag size 26.

I checked on selfedge and it seems like the smallest size they have is a 28 in the F310s, which is a waist size 29. I'm trying to figure out if this size would be too big for me, if I should consider getting something else to work on.

Any opinions and advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, I would need to hem these flat heads as well as I can't wear an inseam of 37.5.

Thanks.

first of all, a tagged 26 apc actually measures 28 due to vanity sizing. on top of that there is the massive stretch factor, which means that a pair of size 26 apc's that have been worn for a while probably has an actual waist measurement of at least 30. i have a pair of petit standards in 26 that weren't really worn much at all and they are a little over 30" when measured properly (as in BiG style with the waist aligned, since i'm assuming you don't know how to measure jeans correctly)

the next thing you fail to realize is that the flatheads measurement is pre-soak. they are unsanforized so they will shrink over an inch in the waist with a hot soak prior to wearing. the actual waist measurement on those flatheads will actually be smaller than the apc's initially and they will also stretch less. i also have some flatheads in a 28 and after a hot wash it took some effort to button them for the first time.

all this to say that you should have no concern about the flat heads being too big. i am comparing ps to bsp, so i think ns to f310 should be a similar transition.

Measure a pair of pants you like the sizing on and go from there.

Did you do this? If yes, then it really isn't that difficult to determine your size. Take that measurement and add 1-2". Buy the size with this waist measurement in the raw state.

If this is too much for you to comprehend, then maybe you shouldn't be buying raw denim on the internet.

X-post from Evo thrad. BSPs at around 9 months. Two soaks, one wash.

dsc0845s.jpg

dsc0848t.jpg

the vertical falling is particularly eye-catching, I think.

dsc0846f.jpg

Not gonna lie, I wasn't too excited about the progress of these before their first wash. Even after a soak at 7 months, there wasn't much going on. But then, I decided it was time for a good cleaning, and BAM! now they're really coming alive.

gave my 1005´s their first wash last wednesday. 72 days of wear.

some pics (w/o flash):

cimg3999.jpg

cimg4000.jpg

cimg4002u.jpg

cimg4003.jpg

the fit:

cimg3994.jpg

cimg3995x.jpg

Definately my comfiest pair of denim. Haven´t seen much pics of this cut around here. Seems like those aren´t that popular?!?

Candid shot of my 5100XX anniversary jean. The waist has stretched out to about 35.5 (on a tagged pair of 33). And they were almost too tight to begin with (got them as a one wash). They're sort of my indoor comfy jeans. Wanted to take the pic without a mirror, didn't want to focus on my crotch, ended up with my feet in focus instead. These have been worn on and off for 2 years now (mostly off). These aren't fading at all.

IMG_0930.jpg

I just washed my 5100XX and the inseam has shrunk again! This is the third wash for these jeans. I bought them one wash, hemmed them myself to 33in, washed it again - didn't shrink, washed (hot wash) for the third time today and the inseam is now 31in. Wtf! I have never had a pair shrink after the "third" wash. I'm gob smacked.

I have one of these wallets, but not the 2nd version:

fh-fow-00f-2nd-brxbrxye-03.JPG

and the silver ring has cracked open after only 4 months use! There were no incidents that put extra strain on it that I can remember.

I'll post a picture later on, but has anyone else experienced Flat head wallet failure?

It is silver but mine certainly wasn't tough

I'm not sure what to do with it, I don't think I have the receipt. I might email a picture to Flat Head and see what they say.

You should contact the store you bought it from, they'll sort you out.