The Flat Head

LFC4ever

The unscientific answer is that the lack of moisture in the denim fibers increases its sensitivity to friction. At seven months, you should be soaking your jeans on a semi-regular basis (if not full-on washing them). It's not a rule, but a definite recommendation to better prevent such holes and rips from forming.

Isn't this also caused by the starch in the denim? Seems like I was told that at some point, that it is best to wash new raw jeans thoroughly to remove all the starch so that the threads in the denim don't break/fray.

^why not go to ironheart.co.uk and order from giles? he ships with lightening speed and you wont get charged any customs charges. Plus, shipping is free!

Just throwing up some pictures because it's a lazy rainy day, and I'm gonna give these a wash tonight before I get the crotch reinforced

Two years, worn maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of that, but worn hard - these are my camping/hiking/gardening and weekend jeans, soaked once, handwashed twice.

Sorry for the slight blurriness, no natural light and didn't want to edit them

Arcs were taken off about halfway through, left some cool imprints

img1055s.jpg

img1058u.jpg

img1059q.jpg

img1062z.jpg

Bought these last year from SE but havent seen much wear. Probably about a month and a half of solid wear. After seeing Inquire's 3001's I had to give these babies more attention. So been wearing them for the past 2 weeks every day.

They are a size 33 and the thighs on these are pretty tight....probably the slimmest jeans I have in the thigh area. Obviously I havent wash them yet but just washed the crotch area once....kinda scared of getting a premature crotch blow out so trying to keep the denim in that area strong and clean!!(read a thread that said it was the build up of sweat along with the stress generated in this area that leads to blowouts in this area)...don't judge me...lol

Its raining today so will take some outdoor pics when the sun comes out.

IMGP2358.jpg

IMGP2353.jpg

how exactly do you go about removing the arcs? I am thinking about doing it, looks sick

Get a sharp pocket knife, and then just slide it right under the thread and cut each individual stitch. you should be able to remove all the back pocket stitching without harming your jeans.

Hey sid, after this year ends with the SidXBeats contest, are you gonna throw the 3001's back into rotation or are those retired for good???

Sid x Beats is going for one year, but I plan on going another year with the jeans after that.

As for the 3001's, sometimes I daydream about them but they've been held hostage by Self Edge New York; it's hanging in a nice frame in the back of the store near the dressing room. I figure that it'll be a weirder reunion after four or five years in captivity.

^so they went from SESF to SENY? from display to frame? damn Sid, those jeans sold an entire sufu generation on Flat Heads. And another year in the 07's, hmmm... i see something amazing happening. anyways, have fun in Chicago sid.

As mentioned earlier....1001's size 33 worn for about 1.5 months. Not too much going on but here are some pics

IMGP2380.jpg

IMGP2375.jpg

A couple detailed shots

Still hairy and you can see the start of some roping

IMGP2384.jpg

Raised belt loop

IMGP2386.jpg