The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Why is it that people are so paranoid to send their jeans to any normal tailor? What are the cons of this? I want to get my 1001's tapered but I really dont know what will happen if i send them to a local tailor rather than a professional tailor. Shed any light on tihs topic?

Thanks

The main reason is b/c most of the jeans that people send to SE or BiG to get hemmed are originally done with a chainstitch, and both these shops have vintage Union Special chainstitching machines. Regular tailors "usually" can't replicate the hem.

Ghostmeat: 3001s look good. I like the regular fitting 3001s when it's done right.

Ryan: great work on those 380s

Ghostmeat: 3001s look good. I like the regular fitting 3001s when it's done right.

Thanks. The slightly looser fit is actually intentional out of taste and necessity. I actually got these in Japan in Ueno and they only had a 31 and a 34 in stock and I had to go with the 34. Because, you know, I couldn't leave Japan without something.

Honestly, I could go a little tighter, yes. These have only been warm soaked for 30 minutes and line dried once, so I have a little room to play. I'm not totally in to the ultra slim fit. I'm old and can't pull it off with the rest of my wardrobe.

MiKE

@ tama: nice fit man.

@ fashunhor: thx. It´s a size 33 (true to size). initial soak for 5 hours and a soak to tighten em up a bit for 1 hour in hot tap water... I would say it´s a wider straight cut. not too loose. very comfy... some more fit pics:

cimg3338s.jpg

cimg3340.jpg

cimg3342.jpg

Hi Turntabloid,

Did you size up on the shirt and what is your usually size for other brands?

i am a 42 in the chest (real measurement)

flannels:

iron heart - xl

the real mccoys - 16

shirts:

iron heart - xl

mister freedom - xl

the real mccoys - 16

kato - m

buzz rickson - 17/xl, due to sleeve length only

here the fit pics of my new flat head hn-52w in red and beige

IMG_2699.JPG

IMG_2700.JPG

not sure why (maybe kiya will comment), but the size 44s I got from DC4 are totally off the measurements I found so far (e.g. on SelfEdge and some Rakuten Shops).

body length is 28" (31.5" on SE) and sleeve length is 24" (26" on SE)

F310s worn for about a year and a half, mostly on weekends and camping trips, outdoors work - bought them to beat up, and that's what I've done. Impressed with how they're fading, considering how infrequently I wear them. Stacking is terrible cause they're usually cuffed

img4898.jpg

img4899x.jpg

Couple soaks and handwashes

here the fit pics of my new flat head hn-52w in red and beige

IMG_2699.JPG

IMG_2700.JPG

not sure why (maybe kiya will comment), but the size 44s I got from DC4 are totally off the measurements I found so far (e.g. on SelfEdge and some Rakuten Shops).

body length is 28" (31.5" on SE) and sleeve length is 24" (26" on SE)

Those are the work wear style of the flannel shirts. The one self edge carries is the western style. The measurements (on self edge site) are for the western slyle ones, and the workwear ones tend to run shorter. This was the case with wabash shirts too.

Those are the work wear style of the flannel shirts. The one self edge carries is the western style. The measurements (on self edge site) are for the western slyle ones, and the workwear ones tend to run shorter. This was the case with wabash shirts too.

D-Rizzle, thanks for your input, but I am referring to the SE measurements for the work wear flannel - see here:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=539