The Flat Head

LFC4ever

I think the pockets are cut the same... do you mean the arcuates? If you prefer the arcs on the BSP's, why not just buy a pair in a size up? They are still available through SE...

Yeah, maybe I'll do that. I really like these though. Maybe I just need to lose a few pounds. I'm referring to the cut pockets on the F380s and F310s. I like the cut on the F380s a lot but prefer a straight but smaller leg opening, maybe I'll try the 310s when they are back in stock and suck it up with the pockets being cut off angle.

The SExFH BK was made with 4XXX denim, not 3XXX or 1XXX denim. It will definitely stretch a good bit. If you like the silhouette at this point of time, they'll definitely be fine.

4XXX and 3XXX are the same denim. Only difference is that the preceding number represents color, being: 4 is black and 3 is indigo.

Other than higher price tag and pink pocket stitching, what's the difference between F310 and Inazuma model?

ThePhantom

It's a different fit altogether. They're both slim jeans but the Inazuma is a new silhouette.

Inazuma has a slightly different cut as well. They're also limited and exclusively made for the inazuma denim festival (not that that especially matters). Besides the arcuates, I don't see much of a difference in detail either.

4XXX and 3XXX are the same denim. Only difference is that the preceding number represents color, being: 4 is black and 3 is indigo.

Yes, but I believe that there is a slight difference in the amount the denim shrinks and stretches because of the dying techniques.

Just got back from Japan a couple of hours ago. I had a pretty awesome trip with my wife. Of course I made her take me to a couple of denim places. We hit the Ueno area (she says it was the former "black market" for American goods -- you all might have already known that, but I didn't and thought it was interesting) and also Bears' in another part of the city.

I eventually picked up a pair o' Flat Head 3001s and a pretty awesome Samurai Jeans belt at Americaya in the Ueno district. I had the jeans hemmed and chainstiched there too.

Not much to add to the forum other than that we were told to spread the word that when there are a bunch of denim shops in one area (like Ueno) they all make an agreement to not sell the same brands. So for example, Americaya carried Samurai, SDA, and Flat Head and Hinoya carried Iron Heart (my current gig) Skull and Oni. Those are just examples and they carried other brands too.

Awesome! How were the prices compared to the US?

Just got back from Japan a couple of hours ago. I had a pretty awesome trip with my wife. Of course I made her take me to a couple of denim places. We hit the Ueno area (she says it was the former "black market" for American goods -- you all might have already known that, but I didn't and thought it was interesting) and also Bears' in another part of the city.

I eventually picked up a pair o' Flat Head 3001s and a pretty awesome Samurai Jeans belt at Americaya in the Ueno district. I had the jeans hemmed and chainstiched there too.

Not much to add to the forum other than that we were told to spread the word that when there are a bunch of denim shops in one area (like Ueno) they all make an agreement to not sell the same brands. So for example, Americaya carried Samurai, SDA, and Flat Head and Hinoya carried Iron Heart (my current gig) Skull and Oni. Those are just examples and they carried other brands too.

I think I paid 37,500 yen for both items. I'll see if I can dig up the receipt later and find the actual breakdown -- but basically, that's less than US$420 (at this postings press time's exchange rate). I think. The exchange rates have been pretty wacky the past week. I heard that the US Dollar took a nosedive the very day we left and exchanged money. Ack! I don't care though -- it's kind of a cool experience. Glad I have a good, secure job that I can wear jeans to every day...

Awesome! How were the prices compared to the US?

Inazuma has a slightly different cut as well. They're also limited and exclusively made for the inazuma denim festival (not that that especially matters). Besides the arcuates, I don't see much of a difference in detail either.

Yes, but I believe that there is a slight difference in the amount the denim shrinks and stretches because of the dying techniques.

Any idea how much slimmer than the 3001? It looks like a slightly lower rise, but everything else seems about the same.

I think I paid 37,500 yen for both items. I'll see if I can dig up the receipt later and find the actual breakdown -- but basically, that's less than US$420 (at this postings press time's exchange rate). I think. The exchange rates have been pretty wacky the past week. I heard that the US Dollar took a nosedive the very day we left and exchanged money. Ack! I don't care though -- it's kind of a cool experience. Glad I have a good, secure job that I can wear jeans to every day...

Yea no kidding. I've seen the 3001 for around 19,000 yen which is around $220.

i'm an true sz 32.

31 19cm mij

32 apc ns

looking to get a pair of 4001bk. will a size 31 be too snug? also, any other sites in the states that sell flat heads besides selfedge?

31's in 4001bk will be wayyyyy too small after the initial soak (they're unsanforized).

you're going to need at least a 33, probably a 34.

so! because of an unexpected turn of events, i had to wash my jeans yesterday. im into the 16th month on these and they just got some repairs done.

4163823822_c6dfcebf64.jpg

4163063653_f0d245b06f.jpg

4163827096_16f1224884.jpg

first go at it with the sewing machine. wasnt too tidy but at least its strong haha

4163067231_f1de7a78c2.jpg

much neater second time around!

4163069197_87bfe722c9.jpg

and also random repairs like this

31's in 4001bk will be wayyyyy too small after the initial soak (they're unsanforized).

you're going to need at least a 33, probably a 34.

do these shrink that much?? selfedge website says "when washed the denim will shrink 1.25" in the waist and 2.5" in the length (inseam). Please keep this in mind when choosing your size. The denim will also stretch in the waist up to 1" after approximately 30 wears"

So a tagged 31" has a waist of 32." after wash is 30.75" and after stretch is 31.75" Am I reading this incorrectly?

I'm just going by sizing..

I fit into size 30 apc new standards and size 32 flat head f310's

and the f310's are skin tight on my thighs for the first few weeks after any soak.

but then again, I have some huge thighs.

I am a 30 in NS and I just soaked my first pair of 1001s. They fit great in the top block except for the strange FH as crack bulge and hip flare, and they fit great below the knees. They are pretty skin tight in the lower thigh and knee. Can I expect these to stretch much or is this an indication that they are too small? I have slim thighs.

i'm an true sz 32.

31 19cm mij

32 apc ns

looking to get a pair of 4001bk. will a size 31 be too snug? also, any other sites in the states that sell flat heads besides selfedge?

My apc nc size is a 32, and I got the 4001's in a size 34 after trying on some 32's and 33's . After the soak they were snug but not unbearable. You could probably pull off a 33, but not without a decent amount of initial discomfort.

My apc nc size is a 32, and I got the 4001's in a size 34 after trying on some 32's and 33's . After the soak they were snug but not unbearable. You could probably pull off a 33, but not without a decent amount of initial discomfort.

And to combat the initial discomfort, find a chopping board or something that fits inside the waist perfectly presoak, hot soak it to get rid of all the shrinking (everything will shrink apart from the waist), wear for 2 weeks or so to get some stretching out of the way then soak again with out anything in the waist (waist will shrink but because it has already stretched out to some degree, you'll never get a really bad discomfort wearing your jeans). Should fit snug again and then you'll stretch it out to a prefect fit.

That's what I do with all my unsan jeans. Works a charm!